Fujairah Media Group (FMG)
Fujairah Media Inc (FMI) was established as a broadcasting organisation for the emirate of Fujairah. Also written as Fujeirah Media, but not often. FM is a joint venture between the Fujairah Cultural Authority and Arab International Media Services FZ LLC, and operates the Media Free Zone in Creative City Fujairah (or Creative Media City). As of December 2007, FM operates 2 TV stations and 3 radio stations:
- Dunia TV (Dunya TV) - focuses on the UAE, especially Fujairah, with local news, lifestyle, and tourism programs.
- Zoal TV - for the African region, especially viewers from Sudan, Ethiopia and Somalia.
- FM 92.6 - Arabic news radio station.
- Coast 103.2 FM - English popular music radio station.
- 105.4 Radio Spice FM - Indian, Philippines, Asian music radio station.
- Rock 909, 90.9 FM - rock music radio station launching in November 2011? Or the same as Rock Radio at 90.7 FM?
- Rock Radio, 90.7 FM - rock and metal music station. Launch date 11 November 2011 (11-11-11). Services halted 05 September 2013 but still available via online streaming at at www.rockradio.ae?
A total of 24 or 28 satellite TV stations (depending on what press release you read) are planned to be launched from Fujairah in 2007.
Jabalcom is a broadcast service center and uplink platform in Fujairah Creative City, and part of the Fujairah Media group.
Fujairah Drive-in Cinema
- Fujairah Media Group plans to open an Arabian themed drive-in cinema, called Arabian Cinemas (or Arabian Drive-In Cinemas), in October 2010. Opening date and time scheduled for 10pm on 10-10-10 (press release 02 June 2010).
- The complex will have 4 drive-in digital theatres, including a 3D facility, with total capacity of 800 cars.
- Apparently those cars in Fujairah are packed well. The announcement also said The complex can accommodate more than 7,200 patrons a night which would imply an average of 9 passengers per vehicle. Unless they factored in multiple shows in one evening.
- CEO of Arabian Cinemas is Talaat Captan, who said that there is "the option of having a shawarma along with other eatables, refreshments or even shisha served directly to your vehicle"
- Other facilities include a VIP section (of course), children's entertainment area with playground, amusement arcade, picnic area, mini-golf.
- The Arabian Cinema might host other events including music concerts, cultural festivals, golf school, driving range, car shows, flea markets.
Fujairah Media Group (FMG)
- Fujairah Media Group (FMG) is a joint venture between the Fujairah Cultural Authority (FCA), and Arab International Media Services (AIMS).
- CEO of FMG is Mekki Abdulla (June 2010 information).
Fujairah Radio Network (FRN)
- Subsidiary of FMG?
- FRN bought a 50% stake in JazzRadio Berlin in Europe for €2.5 million (AED 12.6m) in 2010 according to news reports.
- Another purchase of an Asian or Far Eastern radio network in 2011?
Fujairah Media Group (FMG) operations in Sudan
- FMG signed an agreement with Central Equatoria State, South Sudan to develop radio and television stations in South Sudan (press release 14 April 2011).
Fujairah Media personnel and people
- Fujairah Cultural Authority Chairman - HH Sheikh Rashid Bin Hamed Al Sharqi
- Fujairah Media Chairman - Habib Hammoud
Fujairah Media contact details and numbers
- Fujairah Tower, PO Box 4422, Fujairah, UAE
- Tel +971-9-2244100, fax +971-9-2244101, email email@example.com
- Previously firstname.lastname@example.org was on their website as a contact but unknown if still valid.
Last update Thursday 12-Sep-2013
- UAE free zones - list and brief descriptions
- UAE radio stations - list and description of some shows
- www.fujairahmedia.com - Fujairah Media group website (same as www.fujariahmedia.ae)
- www.fujairahcreativecity.com - forwards to the Fujairah Media website
- [Disabled] Submit URL.