Fujairah Media group
Fujairah Media Inc (FMI) was established
as a broadcasting organisation for the emirate of Fujairah. Also written
as Fujeirah Media, but not often. FM is a joint venture between the
Fujairah Cultural Authority and Arab International Media Services FZ LLC,
and operates the Media Free Zone in Creative City Fujairah (or Creative Media City). As of December
2007, FM operates 2 TV stations and 3 radio
- Dunia TV (Dunya TV) - focuses on the UAE, especially Fujairah, with
local news, lifestyle, and tourism programs
- Zoal TV - for the African region, especially viewers from Sudan, Ethiopia
- FM 92.6 - Arabic news radio station
- Coast 103.2 FM - English popular music radio station
- 105.4 Radio Spice FM - Indian, Philippines, Asian
music radio station
A total of 24 or 28 satellite TV stations (depending on what press release
you read) are planned to be launched from Fujairah in 2007.
Jabalcom is a broadcast service center and uplink platform in Fujairah
Creative City, and part of the Fujairah Media group.
Fujairah Drive-in Cinema
- Fujairah Media Group will open an Arabian themed drive-in cinema, called Arabian Cinemas (or Arabian Drive-In Cinemas), in October 2010. Opening date and time scheduled for 10pm on 10-10-10 (press release 02 June 2010).
- The complex will have 4 drive-in digital theatres, including a 3D facility, with total capacity of 800 cars.
- Apparently those cars in Fujairah are packed well. The announcement also said
The complex can accommodate more than 7,200 patrons a night which would imply an average of 9 passengers per vehicle. Unless they factored in multiple shows in one evening.
- CEO of Arabian Cinemas is Talaat Captan, who said that there is "the option of having a shawarma along with other eatables, refreshments or even shisha served directly to your vehicle"
- Other facilities include
a VIP section (of course), children's entertainment area with playground, amusement arcade, picnic area, mini-golf.
- The Arabian Cinema might host other events including music concerts, cultural festivals, golf school, driving range, car shows, flea markets.
Fujairah Media Group
- Fujairah Media Group (FMG) is a joint venture
between the Fujairah Cultural Authority (FCA), and Arab International Media Services (AIMS).
- CEO of FMG is Mekki Abdulla (June 2010 information).
Fujairah Media Group (FMG) operations in Sudan
- FMG signed an agreement with Central Equatoria State, South Sudan to develop radio and television stations in South Sudan (press release 14 April 2011).
Fujairah Media personnel and people
- Fujairah Cultural Authority Chairman - HH Sheikh Rashid Bin Hamed Al
- Fujairah Media Chairman - Habib Hammoud
Fujairah Media contact details and numbers
- Fujairah Tower,
PO Box 4422,
- Tel +971-9-2244100, fax +971-9-2244101, email email@example.com
- Previously firstname.lastname@example.org was on their website as a contact
but unknown if still valid.
Related websites (new window)
- www.fujairahmedia.com -
Fujairah Media group website (same as www.fujariahmedia.ae)
- www.fujairahcreativecity.com - forwards to the Fujairah Media website
- Dubai directory - add your link free