Dubai Healthcare City
Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC), or Dubai Health Care City, a member of Tatweer, subsidiary of Dubai Holding. DHCC is an area near Oud Metha dedicated to companies, services and products related to the medical industry - hospitals, clinics, doctors, specialists, education. Information and guide.
- Dubai Healthcare City was established in 2003 and is part of TECOM Investments.
- As of 11 November 2010 (press release), DHCC has more than 2,000 licensed healthcare professionals covering 60 specialties and speaking 30 different languages. DHCC has 90 institutes, clinics, and other facilities including 2 hospitals.
- Medical services available include anaesthesia, dentistry, dermatology, endocrinology, ENT, family medicine, general surgery, immunology, internal medicine, interventional cardiology, neurology, obstetrics, ophthalmology, orthopedic, physical therapy, plastic surgery, radiology, urology.
Dubai Healthcare City Authority (DHCA) reorganisation (WAM - 17 October 2012)
- Announced by Princess Haya, chairperson of Dubai Healthcare City Authority (DHCA).
- Dubai Healthcare City reorganized into two divisions - education and healthcare.
- Education, academic, and research division is Dubai Healthcare City Education (DHCE).
- Real Estate and investment division is Dubai Healthcare City Investments (DHCI).
- Mr Marwan Abedin appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Dubai Healthcare City, overseeing both DHCE and DHCI divisions. Mr Abedin is on the Board of Emaar Properties PJSC and is CEO of the Dubai Financial Support Fund.
- Dr Muhadditha Al Hashimi appointed as head of DHCE.
- Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Academic Medical Center (MBRM AMC) part of DHCE.
- Dr Ayesha Abdullah will continue to run DHCI until December 2012.
- New governing body to start in December 2012, Dubai Healthcare City Regulator (DHCR), headed by Dr Abdullah. DHCR will comprise the current regulatory and licensing authority, Center for Healthcare Planning and Quality (CPQ), currently headed by Dr Abdulkareem Al Olama, and other regulatory functions including commercial licensing and government services. Dr Al Olama will remain as head until until December 2012.
- Total number of pharmaceutical firms, medical equipment providers, insurance companies, and other support services, is about 180, including 14 new medical centers opened so far during 2012.
List of Dubai Healthcare City hospitals (not complete)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery Hospital
- Creek Hospital Dubai
- Dr. Sulaiman Al-Habib Medical Group (HMG) multispecialty hospital - new hospital announced 23 January 2012 (WAM news), cost AED 400 million, facilities include 200 beds, operating theaters with robotic surgery technology, inpatient and outpatient services, vascular medicine, cardiology, radiology, dedicated maternity services wing, cardiac unit with CAT Lab, critical care unit with 30 beds, private rooms with balconies, VIP Royal Suite. Construction start and completion dates not supplied. Update 18 Nov 2012 - Princess Haya laid the foundation stone for the new hospital, completion date not supplied (WAM news).
- Eleva Women's Hospital Dubai
- Harvard Medical School University Hospital - Harvard Medical School Dubai Centre (HMSDC)
- Moorfield's Eye Hospital Dubai
- Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Academic Medical Centre University Hospital - in conjunction with Harvard Medical School Dubai Center (HMSDC)
- The City Hospital
List of Dubai Healthcare companies, services, clinics, and other medical organisations (not complete)
- American University of Beirut Medical Center Dubai
- Biolite Skin Clinic UK - Dubai branch
- Dr. Nicolas and ASP
- Dr. Sulaiman Al Habib Medical Center
- Dubai Gynaecology and Fertility Center
- German Heart Center
- ISIS French Pediatric Clinic
- London Centre for Aesthetic Surgery
- Magrabi Eye Centre
- Mayo Clinic Middle East
- Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE) Dubai
Dubai Healthcare City academic institutions and special needs centers
Dubai Health Care City cafes, coffee shops, restaurants
- Caribou Coffee - building 64
- Costa Coffee
- Starbucks - building 27
Dubai Healthcare City hotels
- Marriott Hotel & Marriott Executive Apartments - under constuction, completion estimated by January 2012.
Dubai Healthcare City international partnerships
- Johnson & Johnson
- Novo Nordisk
Dubai Healthcare City personnel
- Executive Director of DHCC - Dr Ayesha Abdullah, also Managing Director of TECOM Investments' Sciences Cluster (11 Nov 2010)
Dubai Healthcare City location and contact details
Last update Sunday 16-Dec-2012. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.