Hospitals and medical facilities in Dubai
List of hospitals in Dubai, medical clinics, health and medical services, public and private sector organisations.
List of government hospitals in Dubai (not complete)
See also Dubai Health Authority medical facilities for health clinics and medical centers.
- Al Amal Psychiatric Hospital - mental hospital in Jumeirah off Al Wasl Road. Opening date 06 April 1983. Facilities include two psychiatric wards (segregated for men and women), addiction ward, outpatient clinic, laboratory, EEG, ECT (electro-shock), cafeteria, gymnasiums, movie theatre. Moving to new location in Al Aweer (Al Awir), project value AED 600 million, opening date unknown (Gulf News Xpress 14 April 2011). Current capacity 80 patients, will increase to 200 beds at new location.
- Al Baraha Hospital
- Al Jalila Children's Specialty Hospital - under construction, started mid 2009 (well, a fence was built at least), completion scheduled for end 2010 ... end 2011 ... early 2012 ... contractor pre-qualification presentation announced 15 August 2011 (press release) so maybe even 2012 is still too optimistic. Specializing in pediatric care for children from birth to 14 (or sometimes 16) years old. Full name is
Al Jalila Bint Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Hospital. Located in the Al Wasl Hospital area. Capacity 200 beds on 4 floors. Facilities include accommodation for parents, clinical laboratory department, dialysis unit, emergency department, heart centre, helipad, imaging and radiology department, medical surgery units, neonatal ICU, nephrology unit, nuclear medicine, oncology centre, operating rooms, outpatient department, pharmacy, rehabilitation services, royal suites.
- Al Maktoum Hospital, Jebel Ali - specialising in accident and emergency care for residents of New Dubai, expected completion date February 2012. Area 945,000 square feet, capacity 300 beds on 6 floors. Facilities include surgery section, accident and emergency section, radiology suite, training and development section, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), separate ICU for children, operating rooms, critical care section, day care section, pharmacy, medical laboratory, helipad, respiratory units, prayer room.
- Al Wasl Hospital - maternity and children's hospital in Dubai. Built
in 1987. Renamed as Latifa Hospital according to a directive by Sheikh
Mohammed to honor
of his late
Latifa Bint Hamdan Bin Zayed Al Nahyan (announced 04 January 2012).
- Cancer treatment hospital - planned. DHA press release 04 January 2011 said (referring to Sheikh Mohammed) "HRH gave instructions to the Dubai Health Authority to commission a study for the establishment of a hospital for cancer treatment in Dubai."
- Dubai Diabetes Center - new center opening September 2012, located on '2nd of December' st (previously Al Diyafah Rd). Qadi Saeed Al Muroushid, DHA Director-General, was quoted as saying "The new centre measures 20,000 square feet compared to the current one that is only 8,000 sq feet. Once the new centre opens, the current one will no longer be operational." New facilities and services will include paediatric endocrinology, day care treatment room, exercise physiologist, larger retinal imaging and podiatry facility. The current Diabetic Center is at Latifa Hospital (12 June 2012 announcement).
- Dubai Hospital
- Dubai Rehabilitation Center (DRC) - opening by end 2012? Area 7,000 sq meters, cost AED 44 million, run by Bobath Memorial Hospital of Seoul, South Korea according to an MOU signed with the DHA (press release 30 Aug 2012). Facilities include beds for 30 in-patients, therapy room and gym for 15 patients, 4 electrotherapy rooms, hydrotherapy and pool therapy, physiotherapy (with equipment for kinesio, chiro, electro and magneto therapies and gait training), occupational therapy room, outdoor therapy courtyard, speech therapy room.
- Hatta Hospital (expected completion mid-2010?) - announced in June 2005 as a 50-bed facility, cost AED 45 million, completion by September 2006. Delayed to mid-2008 and cost increased to 120m. Facilities to include child health centre, dental clinic, ENT clinic, eye clinic, maternity centre.
- Latifa Hospital - new name for Al Wasl Hospital (announced 04 January
- Rashid Hospital
List of private hospitals in Dubai (not complete)
EHL Group hospitals renamed 03 December 2012 - see next section below this one.
See Dubai Healthcare City hospitals for insitutes in that area.
- American Hospital, behind Al Nasr Leisureland near Lamcy Plaza, Umm Hurair. Expensive, mixed reports. Expansion plans September 2007 - new building with 242 additional patient beds (all private rooms) on 7 floors covering an area of 50,000 square metres.
- Belhoul European Hospital, Al Diyafah Street, Satwa.
- Belhoul Speciality Hospital
- Bourn Hall Dubai IVF fertility clinic - expected to open Q1 2012 ... delayed until October 2012? Located in the Sheikh Hamdan Centre (7th floor), Jumeirah. General Manager is Karen Mohring. Website www.bournhall-clinic.ae. Contact details PO Box 113931 Dubai, toll-free (in UAE) tel 800-IVF, tel +971-4-7055055, fax +971-4-7055056, email email@example.com.
- Burjeel Hospital (Lifeline Hospital Group)
- Canadian Specialist Clinics (Canadian Specialist Hospital) -
Oud Metha Rd, Gulf Tower Building, Umm Hurair.
- Canadian Specialist Hospital (CSH), Abu Hail, Deira
- Dr. Sulaiman Al-Habib Medical Group (HMG) multispecialty hospital - new hospital announced 23 January 2012 to be located in Dubai Healthcare City. Unknown start and completion dates for construction.
- Emirates International Hospital
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC), tel +971-4-3624722. Regional office opened October 2005 (official opening in January 2006). Not an actual hospital but GOSH provides services at Dubai Hospital and Al Wasl Hospital, and support services to families in the Dubai through the DHCC office.
- Iranian Hospital, Al Wasl Road, Satwa/Jumeirah.
- Jebel Ali Hospital
- Jumeirah University Hospital - a planned or under construction hospital in Al Quoz? On the same site as the Jumeira University in Dubai which opened in January 2012.
- Hatta Hospital - a Dh 121m facility due to be completed by mid-2008. Announced by Qadhi Al Marshood, director of the Dubai Health Authority (Emirates Today 09 October 2007).
- Medcare Hospital, Jumeirah (near Safa Park).
- Moorfields Eye Hospital, DHCC, Tel 04-4297888, www.moorfields.ae. Open July 2007? First branch to open outside UK (originally founded in London 1804). Dubai branch of Moorfields Eye Hospital in London. Located in the Al Razi Medical Complex of DHCC.
- Neurospinal Hospital (Neuro-Spinal Hospital), Jumeirah
- Saudi-German Hospital - new hospital officially opened on 19 March 2012. Cost AED 400 million (WAM news 19 March 2012).
- Umm Hurair Hospital - new hospital under construction (started May 2011), developer is Mir Hashem Khoory LLC. Partnership with Lifeline Hospital Group announced in January 2012 for hospital management and operation. Opening date expected in mid-2013 ... delayed to Q1 2014. Located in Bur Dubai near the Burjuman Center.
- Welcare Hospital, Garhoud. Mixed reports, not as expensive as American Hospital.
- Zulekha Hospitals - Zulekha Hospital Dubai in Al Qusais/Al Nahda area (tel +971-4-2678866), Zulekha Medical Center in Al Ghusais area (tel +971-4-2613004), Zulekha Diagnostic Center in Al Qusais area (tel +971-4-2634700). Website www.zulekhahospitals.com (not www.zulekhahospital.com - is spam).
Renamed EHL Management Services hospitals (WAM 03 Dec 2012)
Rebranding is a result of Mediclinic International taking over ownership of EHL Management Services.
- EHL Dubai Mall Medical Centre > Mediclinic Dubai Mall
- EHL Arabian Ranches Clinic > Mediclinic Arabian Ranches
- EHL Meadows Clinic > Mediclinic Meadows
- Emirates Diagnostic Clinic (closed) > Mediclinic Beach Road (opening)
- The City Hospital > Mediclinic City Hospital
- Welcare Ambulatory Care Centre > Mediclinic Al Sufouh
- Welcare Clinic Ibn Battuta > Mediclinic Ibn Battuta
- Welcare Clinic Mirdif > Mediclinic Mirdif
- Welcare Clinic Qusais > Mediclinic Qusais
- Welcare Hospital > Mediclinic Welcare Hospital
Other clinics, health facilities, and medical centers in Dubai
Fertility and IVF clinics in Dubai
- Bourn Hall Clinic - open February 2012. Location 7th floor, Sheikh Hamdan Center, 2nd December St (Al Diyafah St), Jumeirah. Postal address PO Box 113931, Dubai, UAE. Tel +971-4-3862000, email firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.bournhall-clinic.ae.
Medical and health related information for Dubai
- Dubai Health Directory - directory of medical services and establishments in Dubai, first published in 2006 by Concept Media in partnership with the Dubai Department of Health and Medical Services (DOHMS). Directory includes listings of medical practitioners, doctors, polyclinics, specialty clinics, pharmacies, hospitals, laboratories, medical equipment suppliers, etc. A total of about 5,000 medical services providers are registered with DOHMS, including 1,200 clinics and hospitals in both public and private sectors. Website at www.dohmsdirectory.com (has an e-book download of the directory) - update: website now only has spam, try the DHA website at www.dha.gov.ae or www.dohms.gov.ae for Directory of Services (searchable database).
Last update Sunday 09-Dec-2012. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.