Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Jumeirah University in Dubai
|University name||Jumeirah University|
|Director's name||Dr Hesham Nofal (Acting CEO)|
|Executive body or owner||Colonel Khalifa Al Muhairi (retired) (Founder)|
|Date founded||January 2012|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||private university|
|University location / area||Al Quoz - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 11737, Dubai, UAE|
|Qualifications||BA, BEd, BSc|
|University fees||24,000-40,000 dhs per year (2011-2012)|
|Lecturer salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Jumeirah University admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Dubai universities forum
Jumeirah University (JU, Jumeira University) degrees, courses, programs, fees
- College of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration, with specializations in e-management, event management, Islamic banking and finance, retail management. UAE MOHESR CAA accreditation awarded 16 January 2012.
- College of Education
- Bachelor of Education (BEd) in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Education (BEd) in Elementary Teacher Education
- College of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Environmental Health
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Healthcare Management
- College of Islamic and Arabic Studies
- Bachelor of Islamic Studies - general
- Bachelor of Islamic Studies - Islamic economy
- Bachelor of Islamic Studies - Islamic media
- Bachelor of Arabic Language and Literature
- Fees reported as AED 32,000 per year (as of January 2012 - Gulf News 04 March 2012), but according to JU website, appear to be AED 72,000-120,000 per course, which implies AED 24,000-40,000 per year if each degree takes 3 years of full-time study.
- Additional fees include AED 1,000 application fee (in 2012) and AED 500 student services fee (per semester, in 2012).
JU general information
- University segregates male and female students (unclear if just by class, or for all aspects of university life - library, cafeteria, etc).
- All courses (except presumably Arabic and Islamic Studies) are taught in English.
- Jumeira University location is in Al Quoz 4 (which is not in Jumeirah, but not so far away either ... at least not as far as some of the other areas in Dubai with the name Jumeirah). JU is near the Al Khail Gate interchange on Al Khail Rd, on the same road as the Springdales School.
- Jumeira and Jumeirah are different spellings for the same word, and used interchangeably at random. University entrance sign has Jumeira on it.
06 March 2012
- Jumeira University (JU) is a new university in the Al Quoz (Al Goz) area of Dubai. Campus buildings construction started in 2007, completion date in 2009, but the university didn't open until January 2012 (Gulf News 04 March 2012).
- JU is on a site which includes the planned Jumeira University Hospital and planned Jumeirah International School. Total land area of 40,000 sq meters.
- HU was founded by UAE Army Colonel Khalifa Al Muhairi. Acting CEO reported as Dr Hesham Nofal.
- Capacity of university is 3,000 students initially (there are apparently expansion plans).
- Initial intake of 22 students, started in January 2012.
- Scholarships available for between 25% and 100% of annual course fees. Also a discretionary Khalifa Al Muhairi Fund.
- Student body is about 80% Emirati.
- JU website also available at www.ajialusystems.com/ajialsite/.
Last update 06 March 2012
General comments - might not apply to Jumeirah University
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Dubai and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for lecturers too)
- UQAIB - a quality assurance agency to licence free zone colleges and universities in Dubai
|Universities||Universities in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Ajman Al Ain Fujairah UAQ | Universities in Dubai | Universities in Ras Al Khaimah | Universities in Sharjah | Universities in UAE|
|Dubai education||KHDA | List of Dubai universities | List of Dubai colleges | List of Dubai schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.