Dubai Health Authority DHA
Dubai Health Authority (DHA) (DOHMS)
The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) is a Dubai government department which overseas healthcare, medical policy and strategy in Dubai, and monitors public and private hospitals, clinics, and medical centers in Dubai.
- The DHA was established in June 2007 by Law No. 13 issued by HH Sheikh Mohammed, Ruler of Dubai. It replaced the Department of Health and Medical Services (DOHMS) in Dubai.
- The DHA sets policies and strategies for health in the emirate of Dubai, and ensures implementation of those policies.
- Director General of the Dubai Health Authority is His Excellency Qadhi Saeed Al Murooshid.
- For Ramadan opening times, see the Ramadan in UAE 2011 information.
Dubai Health Authority healthcare facilities
DHA government (public) hospitals
- Al Wasl Hospital - renamed as Latifa Hospital 04 Jan 2012 (not Apr 2012 as stated in some sources).
- Dubai Hospital - emergency tel +971-4-2195000.
- Hatta Hospital
- Latifa Hospital - emergency tel +971-4-2193000. Renamed from Al Wasl Hospital.
- Rashid Hospital - emergency tel +971-4-2192000.
- See also list of Dubai government hospitals.
DHA speciality centres
- Blood donation centre
- Dentistry and Dental Surgery Center (located at Rashid Hospital)
- Dubai Airport Medical Center
- Dubai Blood Donation Center
- Dubai Cord Blood and Research Centre
- Dubai Diabetes Center - located in Latifa Hospital, Director is Dr Hamed Farooqi. A new center will open on 2nd of December Street (Al Diyafah St) in late 2012 or early 2013 (?), area 20,000 sq ft. The new center will have paediatric endocrinology services for children under 18 years.
- Elderly Rehabilitation Centre - located in Al Safa, under construction, completion scheduled for end of 2010. Area 7000 sq meters, facilities include geriatric rehabilitation, physiotherapy section, fitness area.
- Geriatric and Elderly Rehabilitation Center, Al Safa - expected opening date end 2010?
- Fertility Center
- Genetics Center
- Thalassemia Center
- Trauma Center
DHA Primary Healthcare Centers
Primary Health Care (PHC) aims to have one healthcare centre or clinic for every 30,000 inhabitants of Dubai. As of end 2010, there are 20 PHC centers in Dubai (or 14, or 16, depending on which DHA publication you read). DHA aims to open one new center each year (May 2012 reports). Report dated 06 June 2012 said Dubai had 14 PHCs. Locations include
- Abu Hail (Abuhail)
- Al Bada (Al Badaa, Al Bada'a)
- Al Barsha Medical Center - new in 2010? Delayed ... foundation stone laid in April 2011, completed May 2012, opening date later in 2012 (August 2012 according to June 2012 reports). Location Al Barsha 2, built up area 70,000 sq ft, project cost AED 50 million (increased to AED 70m according to May 2012 reports). Facilities include emergency section, family clinics, specialist clinics and centers, dental clinics, maternity and child care, x-ray and laboratory, health screening services, pharmacy (press release 13 April 2011).
- Al Ghusais (Al Ghussais, Al Qusais)
- Al Khawaneej
- Al Lusaili (Al Lusaily)
- Al Mamzar
- Al Mankhool
- Al Mizher (Al Mizhar) - opened 04 January 2011
- Al Safa
- Al Twar (Al Towar, Al Tawar)
- Al Warqa (Al Warqaa) - new PHC to be developed (opening date not supplied), construction to start in 2013 (KT report 06 June 2012).
- Dubai Airport Medical Center
- Dubai Knowledge Village
- Jumeirah - new facility to be developed (replacing PHC in Umm Suqeim), construction to start December 2012 (KT report 06 June 2012).
- Muhaisnah (Muhaisna)
- Nad Al Hamr (Nadd Al Hamar, Nad Al Hammar) - opened 03 January 2011
- Nad Al Sheba (Nadd Al Sheba)
- Rashidia (Al Rashadia, Rashidiya, Rashidiah, Rashidiyah)
- Rashidiyah (Al Rashidiya) Women's Medical Fitness Center - opened 20 July 2011, for females only. Location next to Emirates Post Rashidiya, open for visa renewal medical tests only, opening times 0730-1400 Sunday-Thursday. Test fees AED 260 for normal, AED 360 for urgent (within 48 hours), AED 460 for express (within 24 hours).
- Umm Suqeim - on Jumeirah Beach Rd between Umm Suqeim 1 and Umm Suqeim 2. Will be closed (closing date not supplied) and replaced by a new PHC in Jumeirah (KT report 06 June 2012).
Dubai Health Authority contact details
- Tel: 800-4991 or 800-342 (800-DHA) (toll-free in UAE). Fax: +971-4-3113113
- Email: email@example.com (customer satisfaction), firstname.lastname@example.org (health regulations), email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (media enquiries).
- Table below lists DHA hospitals, clinics, and other medical facilities. Centers highlighted in green are where the Dubai medical fitness test for residence visas can be carried out. A more up-to-date table of locations is on the medical test information page.
- DHA location map.
|Abu Hail Medical Center||+971-4-5021700||+971-4-2699511|
|Airport Medical Center||Dubai Airport||+971-4-2164951|
|Airport Medical Clinic||+971-4-2164959|
|Al Bada'a Health Center||+971-4-5081046|
|Al Khawaneej Health Centre||+971-4-5023002|
|Al Khawaneej Medical Centre||+971-4-5023000||+971-4-2892643|
|Al Lusaily Clinic (Al Lusaili)||+971-4-8326253||+971-4-8326640|
|Al Lusaily Health Center||Al Ain Road||+971-4-5022500|
|Al Mamzar Center for the Elderly||+971-4-5021800||+971-4-2967770|
|Al Mankhool Health Center||+971-4-5021263|
|Al Mankhool Medical Centre||+971-4-5021200||+971-4-3986492|
|Al Quoz Medical Fitness Center|
|Al Qusais Medical Clinic||+971-4-5022000||+971-4-2630887|
|Al Safa Health Center¹||Jumeirah 2||+971-4-5021400|
|Al Safa Medical Centre||+971-4-5021400||+971-4-3947275|
|Al Twar Health Center||+971-4-5022133|
|Al Twar Medical Center||+971-4-5022100||+971-4-5022100|
|Al Wasl Hospital - renamed Latifa Hospital||+971-4-2193000||+971-4-3241717||4115|
|Blood Donation Center||+971-4-2193221||+971-4-2193566|
|Dubai Gynaecology & Fertility Centreemail@example.com||www.dgfc.ae|
|Dubai International Financial Center²||Emirates Towers||+971-4-4289210|
|Dubai Knowledge Village Clinic³||TECOM||+971-4-3911111|
|Hatta Medical Clinic||+971-4-2191880||+971-4-8523192|
|Jebel Ali Medical Clinic||+971-4-8846489||+971-4-8846196|
|Karama Medical Fitness Center||Near Post Office|
|Latifa Hospital||Oud Metha Rdfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Muhaisnah Medical Fitness Center||Muhaisna 2||+971-4-5023939|
|Nadd Al Sheba Medical Clinic||+971-4-5021600||+971-4-8846196|
|Occupational Health Center||Satwa||+971-4-3420306|
|Port Rashid Medical Clinic||+971-4-3457043||+971-4-3454265|
|Primary Health Care (PHC)||+971-4-2196666||+971-4-2277921||1899|
|Rashid Hospital||Bur Dubaiemail@example.com|
|Rashidiya Medical Clinic||+971-4-5022300||+971-4-2854059|
|Rashidiya Medical Fitness Center4||Rashidiyah||0700-1400|
|Satwa Medical Clinic||+971-4-5081100||+971-4-5081000|
|Satwa Medical Fitness Center||Closed|
|Thalassemia Centre||Al Wasl Hospital||+971-4-2193795||+971-4-2193799|
|Umm Suqeim Medical Clinic||+971-4-5023100||+971-4-3944520|
- For VIP employees (or executive employees) - which might just mean anyone willing to pay the higher fees for medical testing.
- For employees of DIFC only.
- For TECOM sponsored workers - Dubai Internet City (DIC), Dubai Knowledge Village (DKV, or KV), Dubai Media City (DMC).
- For women only. Rashidiya is the first dedicated female medical fitness center in Dubai (opening announced in press release 20 July 2011). Rashidiya center is near the Rashidiya post office.
- Assume opening times are for Sunday to Thursday unless other information is available.
Tawajod home and office medical fitness tests
- The Tawajod Service was launched in early 2011? DHA staff will come to your office or home to do the medical fitness test there. Service costs more money.
Emergency telephone numbers for Dubai hospitals
- Dubai Hospital tel +971-4-2195000
- Rashid Hospital tel +971-4-2192000
- Al Wasl Hospital tel +971-4-2193000
Last update Saturday 14-Feb-2015. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- Abu Dhabi Health Authority (SEHA) (HAAD)
- Dubai Health Care City - a free zone for medical facilities and professionals
- www.dgfc.ae - Dubai Gynaecology and Fertility Centre website (DGFC).
- www.dha.gov.ae - Dubai Health Authority website.
- www.dohms.gov.ae - Department of Health and Medical Services (DOHMS) Dubai - now forwards to DHA website.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.