Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA)
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA)
Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA) information and guide. SEHA HealthSystem and Company is an Abu Dhabi based company created to develop and manage the public medical and health system in Abu Dhabi. SEHA owns and operates all Abu Dhabi public hospitals and medical clinics.
- Seha is Arabic for Health.
- SEHA also known as The Abu Dhabi Health System Company
- SEHA has international partnerships (as of May 2010) with Bumrungrad International, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Johns Hopkins Medicine International, VAMED, and Vienna Medical University.
- As of May 2010, SEHA owns and operates 12 hospitals in Abu Dhabi with 2,644 beds, 62 medical centers, and 2 blood banks.
- SEHA provides jobs for 17,500 doctors, nurses, and other staff in its facilities.
SEHA divisions and subsidiary operations
- Ambulatory Healthcare Services (AHS) - operates medical clinics in 4 subsidiary divisions:
- Ambulatory Care Centers (ACC)
- Disease Prevention and Screening Centers (DPSC)
- School Health Services (SHS)
- Mobile Clinic Solutions (MCS)
- 09 June 2010 press release - SEHA announced plans for 9 new Ambulatory Healthcare Clinics in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain.
- Locations include Mohammed Bin Zayed City, Shahama, Al Falah, Al Shamkha, Al Hili, Oud Al Tawbah, Al Haiyir, Al Yahar, and Suwaihan.
- Each clinic will have an area of about 3650 square meters on 2 floors with 15 examination and treatment rooms on each floor, and sections for minor operations, diagnostic imaging and other health services. Clinics will also have medical transportation units for medical emergencies.
- Services will include dental, family medicine, general and internal medicine, paediatric, minor surgery, obstetrics & gynaecology, and medical diagnostic imaging.
- Completion date of construction expected to be Q2 in 2012.
- Abu Dhabi clinics include new buildings in Mohamed Bin Zayed City, Shahama, and Al Shamkha, and renovation of an existing building in Al Falah.
- Al Ain clinics will all be new buildings replacing already existing facilities.
SEHA list of hospitals in Abu Dhabi
- Corniche Hospital - a specialist maternity healthcare institute in Abu Dhabi city
- Mafraq Hospital
Disease Prevention & Screening Centers (DPSCs)
DPSC centers (Preventive Medicine Centers) provide medical tests for UAE resident visa applicants and other related services, including
- Visa Screening
- Occupational Health Section
- Pathology and Laboratory Services
- Imaging Services
- Communicable Disease Control Unit
- Quit Smoking Unit
- Premarital Screening
- Travel Medicine Clinic
DPSC locations include
- Abu Dhabi City
- Al Ain for the Eastern Region
- Mussafah for the Central Region - new DPSC in Musaffah open 23 May 2010 (press release), replacing old centre which closed on the same day. Opening hours 0700-2100 (7am-7pm) Sunday to Thursday. Facilities include 24 reception stations, 8 medical examination rooms, 6 blood testing rooms, 7 X-ray machines, and immunization facilities. Capacity of 1300 tests per day, screening takes about 30 minutes, test results delivered in about 2 days.
- Western Region
Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA) contact details and location
- Postal address: PO Box 109090, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Tel +971-2-6327600, fax +971-2-4102302, email email@example.com
- SEHA moving head office location to DAS Tower in Khalidiya from 27 February 2011. SEHA will occupy the 9th to 16th floors. DAS Tower is on Sultan Bin Zayed Street (32nd Street). Previously was in the Executive Building on the SKMC Campus.
Last update Friday 30-May-2014. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- Health Authority Abu Dhabi (HAAD)
- Dubai Department of Health
- Hospitals in Abu Dhabi
- www.seha.ae - Abu Dhabi Health Services Company official website, in Arabic and English
- [Disabled] Submit URL.