Dubai rent index
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Rent index Dubai 2008 second half year
Update: RERA Dubai rent index was updated 29 April 2009, reset to 2008 H2 levels 03 May 2009 and back to 2009 Q1 levels later the same day. No official statement announcing new rent index has been released by RERA yet although the Gulf News reports that the CEO boss says it is the official index (as of 12 May 2009).
The Dubai rent index for the second half of 2008 is used to calculate the rent cap in Dubai for 2009. The Dubai rent cap page has a calculator which can be used to work out what rent cap will apply to 2009 rents. For rentals that are between 25% and 0% less than the rent index guide price, the rent is frozen for 2009 if a new contract was signed in 2008. For residential rents that are more than 25% less than the rent index price guide, a rent cap of 5%, 10%, 15%, or 20% applies, depending on how much lower the actual rent is. See the following pages for the rent index price guide for each area and accommodation type and then use the Dubai rent cap calculator to determine the rent cap that should apply to your rent for 2009.
The RERA rent index is split by apartments and villas, and then depending on area. Deira is the Sharjah side of Dubai Creek, Bur Dubai is the Abu Dhabi side of Dubai Creek. Areas which allow foreigners to own freehold property are in separate tables.
- Rent index Bur Dubai apartments (anywhere from Bur Dubai to Jebel Ali, excluding freehold areas)
- Rent index Deira apartments (anywhere from Deira to Mirdiff to Sharjah border, excluding freehold areas)
- Rent index freehold apartments Dubai (DIP, Marina, Springs, Downtown Burj Dubai, etc)
- Rent index Bur Dubai villas
- Rent index Deira villas
- Rent index freehold villas Dubai
RERA Dubai rent index updates
Rent index tables here are based on information from the RERA Dubai rent index and may not be correct or up to date. The next Dubai rent index is due after June 2009 although there were reports in February 2009 that the RERA rent index might be updated quarterly, or at least in April 2009, as a result of sharply falling rents in Dubai at the end of 2008 and in early 2009. Marwan Bin Galita, the RERA boss, was reported in the Gulf News 26 February 2009 as saying "The index will be out at the beginning of April. We cannot do it based on one study as rents are droppoing at different rates".
A later report indicated that the April 2009 Dubai rent index would just be updated with new areas and/or buildings. Karim Awwad, a RERA official, was reported by AME Info on 30 March 2009 as saying "We are not making any changes to the existing figures, we are just going to be updating the areas that were not mentioned in the last index ... We will be conducting a new survey in summer of this year."
That was then followed by reports on 01 April 2009 that RERA said a new index would be available in early April 2009.
Last update Sunday 01-Dec-2013
- Dubai rent cap - with calculator to work out what rent cap should apply to your rent
- Dubai rent index - forum topic. Add your questions and comments.
- Villa share Dubai
|Dubai rentals||| Cost of living | Apartments Bur Dubai | Apartments Deira | Freehold apartments | Freehold villas | Rent cap | Rent index | Villas Bur Dubai | Villas Deira ||
- www.rpdubai.ae - Real Estate Regulatory Agency ("Authority" often used instead of "Agency") (RERA) Dubai website, www.rera.ae and www.rera.gov.ae forward to www.rpdubai.ae but there might be different (old?) pages on the www.rera.gov.ae version.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.