Wednesday 01 April 2020 (UAE)
National Bank of Abu Dhabi
National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD)
National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) based in Abu Dhabi, is one of the largest UAE banks with operations and offices in the UAE, the GCC region, Asia, Europe, and America.
NBAD general information
- NBAD founding date 1968
- Senior General Manager NBAD Domestic Banking is Mr Saif Al Shehhi (03 November 2009)
- General Manager of NBAD Consumer Banking Group is Mr John Malouf (03 November 2009)
- NBAD international banks and offices in Bahrain, Egypt, France (Paris), Kuwait, Hong Kong, Jordan, Libya, Oman, Sudan, Switzerland (Geneva), UAE, UK (London), USA (Washington DC).
- NBAD operations planned or under consideration in China (Shanghai), Indonesia, Lebanon, Malaysia, Morocco, Qatar, Syria, Turkey
List of NBAD branches in UAE
Abu Dhabi city NBAD
|Abu Dhabi Airport T3||Sky Park Plaza||13 Feb 2011|
|Abu Dhabi Mall||Tourist Club Area||0900-2200 Sa-Th|
|Dalma Mall (Delma Mall)||Mussafah|
|Emirates Palace||Al Khubeirah||0900-1330 Sa-Th
|Etihad Airways Head Office||Khalifa City||0800-1600||14 Jul 2009|
|Industrial City of Abu Dhabi||ICAD||09 Feb 2011?||Business Center|
|Marina Mall||Abu Dhabi Marina Mall||0900-2200 Sa-Th|
|Mazyad Mall||Mussaffah||0900-1330||14 Oct 2009|
|Mushrif Mall||1000-2200 Sa-Th||15 Dec 2011|
Abu Dhabi emirate NBAD
|Al Sila||Al Sila'a||Mr Hamza Khabeir||0800-1400||19 Apr 2009|
|Gayathi||06 Oct 2009|
|Ghayati TAMM||06 Oct 2009|
|Masdar City||Masdar City Institute||+971-2-5570401||Abdulla Jasim||11 Mar 2011|
Al Ain NBAD
|Al Ain||Al Ain Clock Tower||22 Mar 2011||Business Center|
|Al Ain Mall||Al Ain Mall||0900-2200 Sa-Th|
|Al Khazna||Al Khaznah Municipality||+971-3-5663134||Abdulla Al Ghafri||2011?||Cash office|
|Al Mazam||0830-1400||15 Sep 2009||Cash office|
|Mezeyad||0830-1400||15 Sep 2009||Cash office|
|Ajman Branch||Opposite Ajman Municipality||+971-6-7422996||Mohamed Al Shimaisani|
|Al Dhaid Branch||Sheikh Faisal building, Fujairah Rd||+971-6-8822929||Ahmed Al Ansari|
|Al Ghusais / Qusais|
|Al Quoz||Al Hajar St|
|Al Quoz||Sheikh Zayed Road||0800-1330 Su-Th
|18 May 2010|
|Bur Dubai||Khaleed Bin Walid St (Bank St)|
|Deira||2012||Business Banking Center|
|Dubai Healthcare City|
|Dubai Mall||Downtown Burj Dubai||1000-2200 Sa-Th|
|Hor Al Anz||03 Nov 2009|
|Jebel Ali||JAFZA North||+971-4-8116700||Awatif Al Rumaithi|
|Jebel Ali||Jebel Ali Free Zone||06 Apr 2011||Business Banking Center|
|Jumeirah Plaza||Jumeirah 1|
|Mall of the Emirates||Al Barsha||0900-2100 Sa-Th|
|Sheikh Zayed Road||Al Salam Tower||+971-4-3433311||M. C. Abraham||0800-1330 Su-Th
|Closed 21 May 2011|
|Sheikh Zayed Road||Rolex Tower||01 Sep 2011|
Fujairah and East Coast NBAD²
|Dibba (Diba) Branch||Adjacent Dar Al Khair Co-op||+971-9-2444223||Mohammad Al Shaboury|
|Dibba Al Hisn||Al Aqed Al Fareed Street||+971-9-2440677||Ahmed Mahmoud Mustafa|
|Fujairah||Hamdan Bin Abdulla St||+971-9-2222633||Ebrahim Hassan|
|Kalba Branch||Sheikh Saeed Al Qassimi St||+971-9-2772112||Fatima Al Suwaidi|
|Khor Fakkan||Adjacent Khorfakkan Port||+971-9-2385250||Abdulla Al Dhahani|
|Qidfa (Qidfaa)||Between Khorfakkan & Fujairah||+971-9-2361000||Shamsa Hareb|
Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) NBAD
|Al Nakheel||Opposite Sana, Oman St||+971-7-2056800||Wasmeyya Al Zaabi|
|Ras Al Khaimah||RAK Old Town, Al Khor Rd||+971-7-2334333||Jamal Darwish|
|RAK Free Trade Zone||12 Aug 2012||Business Banking Center|
|Ras Al Khaimah||RAK Old Town, Al Khor Rd||+971-7-2334333||Jamal Darwish|
|Al Nahda||0800-1330 Su-Th
|28 Sep 2009|
Umm Al Quwain (UAQ) NBAD
|Al Hamra||205 Umm Al Quwain Tower||+971-6-7660033||Karima Al Mulla|
International, foreign, overseas branches of NBAD
|China (planned)||Shanghai (representative office)||2012?|
|Hong Kong||06 Dec 2009|
|Jordan||07 Feb 2010|
|Malaysia||Kuala Lumpur||05 Jul 2012||NBAD-Malaysia Berhad|
|Saudi Arabia (planned)|
- Normal operating times for NBAD branches are Saturday 0800-1200 (8am-12pm), and Sunday to Thursday 0800-1330 (8am-1:30pm). Some branches open extended hours in evenings, some branches on Saturdays might be closed or shorter hours. Note that branches that are open after 1700 (5pm) probably don't have teller services after that time.
- Kalba and Khorfakkan are geographically on the East Coast of the UAE but politically part of Sharjah. Dibba is split three ways politically between Fujairah, Sharjah, and Oman.
NBAD UAE non-resident and offshore accounts
- Foreign nationals who do not have a UAE residence visa can apparently open an account at NBAD. According to their FAQs page, "All our accounts (except loans and current account) are available to non-residents of the UAE. However, in order to open an account you have to present yourself and your original passport at any of our branches." Last checked 20 April 2011.
NBAD international locations in Africa, America, Europe
- Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Libya, France (Paris), Oman, Sudan, Switzerland (Geneva), UK (London), USA (Washington DC)
NBAD expansion plans
- 13 February 2011 (press release) - 14 new business banking centers during 2011 in UAE including Abu Dhabi city (4), Al Ain (1), Western Region Al Gharbiya (1), Dubai (4), Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Qaiwain, Fujairah (total of 4 in those 5 emirates maybe - press release wasn't clear).
- NBAD Jordan - first branch in Amman expected to open in second half of 2009.
- NBAD international branches planned for Algeria, Hong Kong (2009), Jordan (2009), Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia.
- 12 December 2009 (Gulf News):
- Egypt - 27 branches at present, another 23 branches to be added by 2014
- Oman - number of branches to double by 2013
- Qatar - bank licence application made but no response from Qatari banking authorities yet
- Indonesia, Lebanon, Malaysia, Morocco, Shanghai, Syria, Turkey - possible locations for further international branches of NBAD
- 12 May 2009 (Reuters) - NBAD plans to open 13 branches in the UAE during 2009 to end the year with a total of 100 branches
04 February 2012
- New NBAD branch in Egypt opened - the Shoubra Branch in Northern Cairo. Total of 29 NBAD branches now in Egypt (WAM news 04 February 2012).
20 April 2011 - Sheikh Zayed Road branch of NBAD moving
- The Sheikh Zayed Road branch of NBAD (the one in Al Salam Tower rather than the one in Al Quoz presumably) will close on 21 May 2011 and reopen across the road in Rolex Tower on Sheikh Zayed Road by 01 September 2011. Al Salam Tower is next to the Towers Rotana hotel, contact details of old branch telephone +971-4-3433311 or +971-4-7071111, fax +971-4-3430527, PO Box 33317 Dubai (unknown if they will change or remain the same).
06 April 2011 - first Business Banking Centre in Dubai (press release)
- NBAD announced the opening of its first dedicated Business Banking Centre in Dubai, in Jebel Ali Free Zone. Opening hours, contact details, location not supplied.
22 March 2011 - new Business Banking Center in Al Ain (press release)
- NBAD opened a Business Banking Centre on the 2nd floor of the Al Ain Clock Tower branch.
11 March 2011 - new NBAD branch in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi (press release)
- NBAD announced the opening of a new branch in Masdar City, their 113th branch in the UAE, and the first bank to open in Masdar City.
- Opening hours, location details, manager's name, contact details not supplied.
24 February 2011 - new Washington DC office for NBAD (press release)
- NBAD announced the opening of new premises in Washington DC, USA for its subsidiary Abu Dhabi International Bank (AIB).
13 February 2011 - First NBAD business banking center open (press release)
- First NBAD Business Banking Centre open in Abu Dhabi Industrial City (ICAD). Previous information indicated it would open 09 February 2011?
27 June 2010 - new NBAD branch in Oman
- NBAD announced the opening of its 8th branch in Oman, in Sur, in the Ash Sharqiyah region.
- First NBAD branch in Oman was opened in 1976 in Muscat. Second NBAD Oman branch opened in 2006. NBAD plans to have 14 branches in Oman by 2014.
18 May 2010 - new NBAD branch in Al Quoz
- NBAD announced the opening of a new branch on Sheikh Zayed Road in the Al Quoz industrial area. Opening times 0800-1330 Sunday to Thursday, and 0800-1200 on Saturdays.
- The branch is the 104th NBAD branch in the UAE, and the 12th in Dubai.
23 February 2010 - NBAD Jordan opening date
- NBAD press release 13 February 2010 announced official opening date for first branch of NBAD Jordan in Amman to be 23 February 2010. Soft opening was 07 February 2010.
- NBAD Jordan Regional Manager and head of NBAD Amman branch is Mr Imad Marar.
18 January 2010 - NBAD Jordan
- NBAD Jordan banking licence approved by the Central Bank of Jordan, with minimum capital of JD 50 million. First NBAD Jordan branch to open 07 February 2010 (Jordan News Agency 18 January 2010)?
06 December 2009 - New NBAD branch in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong - new branch (first in Hong Kong) opened (actual opening date not given)
- Total 95 NBAD branches and 330 ATMs in the UAE
- Total 45 NBAD international branches in 11 countries - Bahrain, Egypt, France, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Libya, Oman, Sudan, Switzerland, United Kingdom, USA (a subsidiary)
- Jordan - branch to open in January 2010
03 November 2009 - new NBAD branch in Hor Al Anz, Dubai (press release)
- NBAD has opened a new branch in Hor Al Anz in Dubai. Total NBAD branches in the UAE is 94, total number of ATM machines is 309.
- Opening hours 0800-1200 on Saturdays, 0800-1330 Sunday to Thursday.
- ATM and CDM available 24/7 at the branch.
14 October 2009 - new NBAD branch in Mazyad Mall (press release)
- A new NBAD branch open in Mazayad Mall in Mussafah area of Abu Dhabi, total UAE NBAD branches now 93, and 312 ATM machines.
- Mazayad Mall NBAD opening hours 0900-1330 Saturday to Thursday, and 1730-2100 Saturday to Wednesday.
- ATM and Cash Deposit Machine available 24/7.
06 October 2009 - 2 new NBAD branches in the Western Region
- NBAD branches opened in Ghayathi, and Gayathi TAMM.
- Both branches have ATM, CDM available 24/7.
- Branch opening dates, opening times, and contact details not supplied in NBAD press release.
- Total number of NBAD branches in the UAE is now 92.
28 September 2009 - new NBAD branch in Al Nahda (press release)
- New NBAD branch in Al Nahda, Sharjah (not Dubai) opened. Is the 90th NBAD branch in the UAE.
- Opening hours 0800-1330 Sunday to Thursday, and 0800-1200 on Saturdays.
- ATM and CDM (Cash Deposit Machine) available 24/7.
15 September 2009 - new NBAD branches in Al Ain (press release)
- Two new NBAD Cash Office branches in Mezyad and Al Mazam areas of Al Ain, opening hours 0830-1400 (8:30am-2pm) Sunday to Thursday, 24/7 access to ATM and Cash Deposit machines.
- Total of 89 or 90 (both figures given in press release) NBAD branches and more than 300 ATMs in the UAE
- NBAD established in the UAE in 1968
09 September 2009 - NBAD Egypt new branch opens (press release)
- NBAD Egypt opens a branch in Senzon Mall, Hurghada, on the Red Sea.
- NBAD Senzon Mall is the 27th NBAD Egypt branch, NBAD plans to have 50 branches in Egypt by 2013.
- NBAD also plans to open branches in Amman in Jordan, and Hong Kong in Q4 2009.
- NBAD Egypt Regional Manager is Ahmed Ismail.
- NBAD Egypt operations started in 1975.
05 August 2009 - NBAD Egypt, Hong Kong, Jordan, Libya, and Oman (Reuters and NBAD press release)
- NBAD has been granted a foreign bank licence from the Central Bank of Jordan (CBJ) to operate a bank subsidiary in Jordan for commercial banking services.
- NBAD Hong Kong will open later in 2009
- NBAD Egypt number of branches to increase from 28 to 50 by 2013
- NBAD Oman number of branches to increase from 8 to 11 by 2010
- NBAD Libya representative office to become a full banking branch
14 July 2009 - new NBAD branch at Etihad Airways office Abu Dhabi
- New NBAD branch opened at Etihad Airways Head Office in Khalifa City.
- Opening hours 0800-1600 (8am-4pm) Sunday to Thursday (closed Friday and Saturday).
- Total of 87 NBAD branches and 300 ATMs in the UAE
20 May 2009 - NBAD Hong Kong
- NBAD receives approval from the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) to open a full bank branch in Hong Kong.
- Senior general manager of the NBAD International Banking Division is Qamber Ali Al Mulla (Mualla?).
- NBAD Hong Kong branch expected to open in second half of 2009.
- NBAD HK expected to be the Far East regional headquarters for NBAD, facilitating future expansion into Asia.
|Group Chief Executive (CEO)||Michael Tomalin||13 Feb 2011|
|Head of Business Banking Group Head||Haitham Al Refaie||13 Feb 2011|
|Domestic Banking Division Senior Manager||Saif Al Shehhi||13 Feb 2011|
Last update Monday 08-Mar-2010. Page development 4L 5C.
- www.nbad.com - National Bank of Abu Dhabi website. Same website at www.nbad.ae.
- egypt.nbad.com - NBAD Egypt website
- www.nbadsuisse.ch - NBAD Private Bank (Suisse) SA website
- [Disabled] Submit URL.