Sunset Mall in Jumeirah 3, Dubai
Sunset Mall is a new shopping center in Jumeirah, in the Sunset mixed use development on Jumeirah Beach Road, about halfway between Dubai Offshore Sailing Club and Jumeirah Beach Park. It's the building which looks like it's made entirely of glass with pretty blue lighting at night. Opening date was scheduled for April 2009 but delayed repeatedly, mall opened finally on 15 December 2011? Sunset Mall is a Dubai Investment Properties (DIP) development, planned as a high-end fashion retail center. Additionally there will be residential accommodation and commercial offices in the Sunset Development.
Sunset Mall Dubai opening hours
- Saturday to Thursday 1000-2200
- Friday 1330-2200
Sunset Mall list of shops
Although Sunset Mall opened on 15 December 2011 (or thereabouts), most shops not open until January or February 2012 ... or later. Shop names in grey text seen in press releases and news prior to mall opening, but not seen in December 2011 list of shops supplied.
- 7 Camicie
- Al Manara Pharmacy
- Arabesque Sheilas and Abayas - in the abaya court on the fashion level, first shop in Dubai (press release 22 August 2009).
- Car Spa
- Collars and Cuffs
- Damas Jewellers?
- Equss Jewellery? - Australian fashion jewellery and accessories retailer, first shop in Dubai (press release 11 May 2009).
- Fafa Nail Spa
- Go Nuts
- Harry Winston?
- Hastens / Hästens - Swedish beds, bed linen, bedding, towels, robes etc. Expensive. Tel +971-4- 3495585.
- Hind Al Oud
- Jafferjees (open 15 December 2011) - leather handbags, wallets, purses, briefcases, and other leather fashion accessories (press release 22 November 2011). Tel +971-4-3807701.
- La Carthage
- Plug & Play
- Pro-Art (open 15 Dec 2011) - art gallery
- Radley Bags?
- Rawage El Oud
- Rivaage Boutique (Rivage Boutique) - shoes, handbags, clothes, fashion accessories. Tel +971-4-3807177.
- Shark Attack
- Siddiqui and Sons (Seddiqi/Siddiqi & Sons)
- Spirit of Arabia
- Star Queen Fashion
- Stitch in Time
- Sylvia She Glows - European lingerie and fashion brand with an Arabic theme created by
Sylvia Marton, first shop in the Middle East. Accessories include jewellery, lace gloves, silk scarves, silk slippers, and toiletry bags (press release 15 June 2009).
- The Provedore
- Tropicana Flowers (open Dec 2011) - flowers and vases. Tel +971-4-3809949.
- Valleydez Boutique - designer fashion clothing, bags, and accessories. Tel +971-4-3809024.
- VOG Salon
- West LA
Sunset Mall general information
- Sunset Shopping Mall GLA about 100,000 square feet on 2 levels. A press release 22 February 2009 said "Sunset Mall, when completed, will have a total total leasable area of approximately 115,000 sq ft". Previous information said 1 million sq ft but that might be for the complete mall + office + residence development.
- About 100 fashion and boutique shops with haute couture artists, jewellery stores, high-classs watches, and other top international brands.
- Shop sizes range from 400 to 8000 sq ft.
- Gourmet restaurants with views of the ocean. That might not include McDonalds.
- Art arcade with fine art galleries and art auctioneers.
- Lots of sparkly LED lights and LCD screens with fancy visual special effects (well, something like that).
- Sunset Development will also have about 50 commercial units and 120 expensive residential units.
- Sunset project architect is Arkiteknik International.
- Sunset Mall is marketed as a green project using the latest energy efficient technologies. A press release 22 April 2009 highlighted that they were using transparent glass, a novel feature for those of us used to buildings with opaque glass ... "We used transparent glass, specifically designed to divert heat ..."
- Sunset Mall and development security contract awarded to Farnek Avireal (press release 07 July 2009)
- DIP also manage the Palm Strip Shopping Center in Jumeirah 1, and the Twin Towers Shopping Mall in Deira.
- Sunset cleaning, laundry, and support services contract awared to Berkeley Group, a UAE group of cleaners. Contract is for Sunset Mall shops, also offices and accommodation (announced 31 August 2009).
Sunset Mall opening date
- Press release 05 January 2009 from DIP said "The Sunset mixed-use development is scheduled for completion in the 1st quarter of 2009." It wasn't.
- Then a 22 February 2009 press release said "Sunset Mall is scheduled for a soft launch in May 2009." Er, no, that didn't happen either.
- Never mind, another press release 11 May 2009 said a soft launch of the shopping center was scheduled for September 2009.
- As of July 2009, the shopping mall building looks complete but there doesn't seem to be much activity inside in the way of shop fitout.
- 15 December 2011 - Sunset Mall finally opened but with only one or two shops open, most won't open until January or February 2012 ... or later.
Sunset Development residential complex
- Sunset residential complex will be on the beach and have 3 floors of one, two, or three bedroom terraced apartments with seaviews.
- Facilities will include aerobics room, health club, gym, jacuzzi, landscaping, lounge, sauna, steam bath, sundecks, swimming pools (2 or 4 - different press releases have different numbers), yoga lounge
- Apartments will have large balconies, seaviews through large French windows, private beach access, underground parking (press release 22 February 2009).
Sunset Dubai commercial offices
- Sunset office complex will have 49 boutique offices, office sizes from 1200-1800 sq ft per unit
- Cellular or open plan configuration options available. Views of Jumeirah Beach Road or the Arabian Gulf possible.
- Office facilities include 24/7 security, business lobby, business services, cleaning services, concierge, kitchens & pantry rooms, parking, meeting/conference rooms, prayer rooms, kitchens and pantry rooms.
Sunset Mall contact details
- Tel +971-4-3307333, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update Friday 20-Jan-2012