Abu Dhabi restaurants cafes open daytime during Ramadan
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
 Restaurants, cafes open daytime in Abu Dhabi during Ramadan
 Detailed list of cafes and restaurants open daytime during Ramadan 2017 in Abu Dhabi city. See Ramadan restaurants open daytime page for 2017 summary and for 2020 changes.
For Al Ain city and other UAE emirates (not Dubai), see the Ramadan restaurants open in Al Ain.
Abu Dhabi 2017 list of outlets open daytime
- No alcohol served during the day anywhere in Abu Dhabi, except possibly for Abu Dhabi airport airside?
- Vox Cinemas in Abu Dhabi do not allow daytime consumption of food and beverage (in contrast to Vox Cinemas in Dubai which do).
Abu Dhabi malls
- Abu Dhabi Mall: Food court has daytime dine-in section with nice view towards Al Maryah Island, and most outlets open daytime but area closes from 6pm or 6:15pm-Iftar (according to sign outside entrance). Hardee's is closed. Other mall restaurants and cafes closed or takeaways only.
- [Open for food court dine-in] Athena, Charleys Philly Steaks, Fujiyama, Hatam, KFC, McDonald's, Manchow Wok, Maroosh, Subway.
- [Takeaways only] Jamba Juice, Starbucks, Tim Hortons.
- [Closed daytime] Al Safeer, Caffe Nero, Esquires, Hardee's, La Brioche, Nutri Fresh (Nutrifresh), Popeyes (?), SacWich (Sac-Wich), Shamiana.
- Beach Rotana Hotel: Prego's (0800-2330 for breakfast, lunch, dinner), Rodeo Grill (lunch 1230-1530).
- [Nothing open for dine-in, except Vox cinemas] Abu Dhabi Marina Mall: found only two outlets open for takeaways - Five Guys, Tim Hortons. Most or all other F&B outlets closed daytime, including Starbucks (no takeaways). Food court area closed entirely.
- [Nothing open for dine-in, site visit Jun 2017] Al Wahda Mall: most F&B outlets closed daytime, cinema open but no F&B consumption permitted daytime. A few places open for takeaways and deliveries: Burger King (the only food court outlet open daytime), Paul Cafe, Tim Horton's. In mall extension: Famous Dave's, Galito's Chicken, Genghis Grill, Peppermill, Rosso's Pizzeria, Second Cup. Note that Starbucks and McDonald's are closed daytime (no takeaways or dine-in).
- Boutik Mall: see Shams Boutik Mall.
- [Nothing open for dine-in] Deerfields Mall: most F&B outlets closed daytime (including Starbucks), nothing open in food court. We found only two and a half outlets open for daytime takeaways: Johnny Rockets, It's A Grind Coffee House (from 1615), Tim Hortons.
- [Nothing open for dine-in or takeaways?] Makani Mall Al Shamkha: McDonalds only open for deliveries, not takeaways. All other F&B outlets closed daytime?
- [Nothing open for dine-in] Mushrif Mall: most F&B outlets closed daytime. A few open for takeaways: Chowking, Jollibee, Marrybrown, McDonald's, Starbucks, Tim Horton's. Note: Burger King and Subway closed daytime.
- [Nothing open for dine-in, but adjoining St Regis Hotel has some outlets open] Nation Galleria mall (Nations Gallery, Nation Towers): most F&B outlets closed daytime. Vox Cinemas open for film screenings but no F&B consumption permitted before Iftar. Outlets open for takeaways: Organic Foods supermarket (bakery open but cafe closed entirely for Ramadan), Leopold's of London, Wafi Gourmet (WG).
- Shams Boutik Mall, Al Reem Island: La Brioche the only outlet open for daytime dine-in. Most outlets open for takeaways. Food court closed for dine-in.
- [Open for takeaways] Broccoli Pizza & Pasta, Hanoi Naturally, Healthy Juicery, Johnny Rockets, Leopold's of London, Nando's, Popeye's, Shawarma Al Reem (takeaways?), Smoking Doll (Asia Fusion), Starbucks, Subway, Which Wich, Yogen Fruz (Yogenfruz).
- [Unknown] Pizza Express (Arc Tower), Saquella Espresso Club (closed?).
- [Closed daytime] Xsushi (sushi restaurant).
- The Galleria shopping mall, Al Maryah Island (Al Maraya, Al Marayah): food courts open for dine-in (from 12pm), most other F&B outlets open for dine in.
Free parking (for now, might change after new mall opens).
- Bateel Cafe (0730-2400), Bentley Bistro & Bar (12pm-12am or 1am, dine-in, no alcohol before Iftar), Cafe Milano open for dine-in (12pm-1am, no alcohol before Iftar), Caffe Nero, Carluccio's, Dai Pai Dong (lunch only, 12pm-3pm?), F-mart (supermarket), Loca Restaurant and Bar (open for dine-in, smoking area, no alcohol before Iftar), Nolu's (11am-3pm for lunch, then closed until Iftar, "Nolu's On The Go" closed for Ramadan), Roberto's (lunch only, 12pm-4pm, smoking area), Royal Orchid, Wildfire
- [Conflict] Gossip Cafe & Desserts open for dine-in daytime (1100-2400, to 0100 Thu-Fri, Galleria information error says takeaway only before Iftar).
- [Takeaways only] Leopold's of London "Ramadan Timing: 8am - Iftar (Delivery and take away only)".
- [Not checked] Some outlets with timings: Costa Coffee (0800-2400, takeaway only?), Coya (12pm-5pm), Emporio Armani Caffé (1130-2400, to 0100 Thu-Fri, takeaway only before Iftar, Galleria information?), Magnolia Bakery (0800-2400), Nusret (1100-2300), Sushi Art (12pm-12am), Taqado (12pm-12am), Zuma (1200-1530 lunch only?).
- [Closed daytime] Burger Fuel (food court), Godiva Chocolate Cafe, Four Seasons Hotel Lobby Bar and other outlets, Chicago Butcher & Still.
- World Trade Center Mall (WTC Mall), Al Markaziya:
- [Open for dine-in] The Hub: Bu Trinity (Bu!) (smoking area, 1200-2400 (?), some sources give incorrect timings as 12pm-3pm only), Jazz@PizzaExpress (1200-2400), Tamba (smoking area, 1200-0100?). [Closed until 6pm] Original Fusion.
- [Open for dine-in] Food court area. Open outlets: Al Safeer (?), Dairy Queen, Doner & Gyros, KFC, McDonalds, Papa Murphy's pizza, Popeye's (?). Closed outlets: Which Wich sandwiches.
- [Open for takeaways] Hanoi Naturally restaurant, Starbucks.
- [Closed] Nando's, Romano's Macaroni Grill.
- Yas Mall:
- Food court open for dine-in from 10am (different from Dubai where most food courts, if open for dine-in, don't allow consumption before 12pm). Not all food court outlets open daytime (McDonalds closed until about 1700).
- Vox Cinemas allows consumption of F&B inside cinema theatres (only if purchased from them), no age or gender restriction.
- Only other dine-in location accessed from mall is Ristorante Cavallino in Ferrari World (can visit without buying FW ticket, ask at the counter).
- A handful of places outside food court open for takeaways: All Day Minimart, Ben's Cookies (?), Galito's Flame Grilled Chicken (Cascade dining east, all other Cascade outlets closed), Le Pain Quotidien (from 0800), Paul's Cafe, Starbucks (downstairs near Ferrari World, and GF near H&M, not the one near First Floor food court). Almost all other F&B outlets in Yas Mall closed daytime. Tim Hortons in Shoe Gallery closed daytime.
- [Error?] Toss'd (Tossed) (some sources say open for dine-in 1000-2400 but might be takeaways only before Iftar, or closed).
Abu Dhabi hotels
No alcohol served before Iftar. Some hotel bars have smoking areas.
- Al Ain Palace: Kuya Juan (1100-1500).
- Beach Rotana (accessible from AUH Mall): Prego's (0800-2330), Rodeo Grill (only for lunch 1230-1530). [Not checked] Essence (from 0600 but check closing time, not open afternoon?).
- Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi: Cho Gao (12pm-12am), Ristorante Spaccanapoli (12pm-11pm), The Garden (breakfast 6am-11am, lunch 12pm-3pm).
- Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara: Ingredients (breakfast only 0630-1030, no lunch?).
- Fairmont Bab Al Bahr: Café Sushi (12pm-3pm), Frankie's (breakfast 0630-1030, lunch 1200-1530).
- [Closed daytime] Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill listed as open by some sources, but only opens for dinner?
- Four Seasons Hotel Al Maryah Island: Café Milano (12pm-1am, no alcohol before Iftar).
- Crust, Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi. Daily from 6.30am to noon. 02 333 2600
- Grand Millennium Al Wahda (not Millenium): Al Wahda All Day Dining Restaurant (breakfast buffet AED 126, lunch buffet AED 174, timings (?)), Club Lounge (from 6am for coffee, AED 24), Prime Okryu Restaurant (Korean, from 12pm?). Porters Pub and Sky Lounge Thirty One open after Iftar. Level One Bar & Lounge closed during Ramadan. Parking AED 50 per day, or park at Al Wahda Mall and walk (internal access only for hotel guests).
- Hilton Abu Dhabi: Hemingway's (1200-2400), Hiltonia Beach Club Escape Restaurant and Pool Bar (0900-1800), La Terrazza (0630-2300).
- Holiday Inn Downtown: La Piazza (breakfast 0600-1100, lunch 1200-1500).
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi: Selections (breakfast 0630-1030, lunch 1230-1500).
- [Conflicts] Jumeirah at Etihad Towers:
- Nahaam (9am-11pm or 11am-11pm, bookings essential says hotel), Observation Deck at 300 (10am-7pm says hotel).
- BiCE (lunch 1200-1500 or closed, check), Li Beirut (lunch 1200-1530 or closed, check), Lobby Lounge (0700-0100 or closed daytime, check), Rosewater (breakfast 0630-1100, lunch 1230-1530, or closed for lunch says hotel?).
- Lobby Bar closed during Ramadan, Ray's Bar closed, Ray's Grill closed, Tori No Su closed.
- Le Meridien Abu Dhabi: Latest Recipe (lunch only 1230-1530?).
- Marriott Hotel Downtown Abu Dhabi: Kuzbara (breakfast 0630-1100, lunch 1230-1500).
- Park Rotana: Cooper's Bar and Restaurant (0900-0230), Ginger (breakfast only 0630-1030?)
- Rosewood Hotel Al Maryah Island: Dai Pai Dong (12pm-3pm). DPD Bar closed until sunset. Hidden Bar closed for Ramadan?
- Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche: Turquoise Ballroom (breakfast 0630-1030, lunch 1230-1600).
- Southern Sun Abu Dhabi: The Foundry (breakfast 6am-11pm, lunch 12pm-3pm).
- The St. Regis Abu Dhabi: St. Regis Bar (8am-1am, food 12pm-1am), Cabana (11am-7pm), The Terrace on the Corniche (breakfast 6:30am-11am, no lunch except Friday Brunch 1pm-4pm), Villa Toscana (lunch 12pm-3pm), Azura Panoramic Lounge (closed daytime), Crystal Lounge (closed daytime), Tea Lounge (closed daytime). Information supplied by hotel. Other sources give conflicting (or out of date) information e.g. The St. Regis Bar (0800-0200), The Terrace on the Corniche (breakfast only 0630-1030).
- The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort: 55&5th The Grill (closed for Ramadan), Olea (breakfast 0630-1100, lunch 1230-1500), The Manhattan Lounge (closed daytime), Pool & Beach (8am-8pm, non-alcoholic drinks from 9am, food from 12pm), Sontaya (closed daytime).
- Westin Abu Dhabi: Fairways (from 0630 but check closing time, not open afternoons?), The Lounge (0700-2300).
- Yas Plaza hotels (Yas Island Golf Plaza), site visit Jun 2017:
Best buffet deal for lunch at Jing Asia Crowne Plaza (AED 85). Best for coffee, wifi, space, food, indoor smoking section, free parking is Amerigos at Park Inn.
- Park Inn by Radisson (free underground parking): Amerigos Mexican bar and restaurant (1200-2300), dine-in, smoking area inside, no buffet lunch during Ramadan, no alcohol before Iftar. Mint restaurant closed for renovations. Sands poolside bar?
- Radisson Blu (free covered parking): Assymetri (Asymmetry?) lunch only 1200-1530. Belgian Beer Cafe Yas Island (open from 1700). Fast Track Cafe (lobby) and Filini closed daytime. Shams Pool Bar?
- Centro Yas Island by Rotana (free covered parking): C.Deli (24 hrs, snack shop, take away sandwiches and coffee to curtained off C.Mondo or C.Taste restaurant areas to consume). C.Mondo bar has smoking area but not serving food or drinks daytime, terrace area closed for Ramadan. [Conflict in information provided] C.Taste restaurant closed for Ramadan, or open only for breakfast buffet 0600-1030?
- Crowne Plaza Yas Island (valet parking only): Jing Asia (breakfast buffet 0600-1030 (1100 Fri-Sat), AED 125; lunch buffet 1230-1600, AED 85 Ramadan special offer; al la carte menu also available (?)). Stills Bar & Brasserie (0800-1800 Views cafe menu, 1200-1900 Sundowners Pool menu, 1900-2400 or 0200 [conflict] Stills Bar menu, smoking area). Views Lobby Lounge (closed daytime but Views F&B selection inside Stills Bar 0800-1800). Barouk closed daytime. Sundowner Pool Bar - see Stills Bar.
- Staybridge Suites:
- Yas Island Rotana (free covered parking): Aquarius pool bar F&B service 1100-2100. Choices restaurant: breakfast buffet 0630-1030, lunch buffet 1200-1500 (>30 guests) or a la carte menu (<30 guests), a la carte menu 1500-1800). Blue Grill, Island Cafe (lobby), Rangoli, Y Bar, all closed daytime, open for dinner after Iftar.
- Yas Viceroy: Amici Italian restaurant (smoking outside). Latitude pool area (Skylite?) on rooftop (indoor cafe, outdoor smoking, open 0800-2000, food service 1200-1900). Atayeb restaurant, Longitude, Rush nightclub closed for Ramadan. Kazu restaurant closed until 01 Aug 2017. Other restaurants open after Iftar?
Abu Dhabi areas and other names or locations
- Abu Dhabi Country Club: Mondo Pizzeria (1200-0200).
- Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH):
- Airside everything open as normal 24 hrs/day, except alcohol not available daytime?
- Arrivals T1 & T3: Illy Espressamente closed daytime.
- Terminal 1 landside: Culto Cafe open 24 hrs, between T1 and T3, departures level.
- Terminal 3 landside: Camden Food Co, departures level. [Not checked] Panapolis Bar?
- Terminal 2 landside: Cinnamon City Restaurant closed daytime.
- Premier Inn: Costa Coffee open (24 hrs) for daytime dine-in, Nuevo restaurant (smoking area outside) open daytime for buffet breakfast AED 55 and buffet lunch AED 75, also a la carte menu. Lounge One Bar?
- Skypark Plaza: All outlets, including La Brioche, closed daytime, also closed for takeaways (Caffe Ritazza, Hatam, McDonald's, O'Briens), but Starter Supermarket open. Or keep walking to Premier Inn downstairs.
- Al Bandar Marina: Bricco Pizza & Pasta open daytime dine-in. Nolu's open daytime dine-in (1100-1700 a la carte menu, not 11am-3pm as given originally). Sushi Counter (takeaways only daytime). Man'oushe Street (takeaways only daytime). Tiki Lounge closed daytime (error: 12pm-12am given in some sources is incorrect, Ramadan timings are 7pm-2am). Free parking only for 1 hr, AED 3 per hour after that.
- Al Muneera: Costa Coffee (takeaways only daytime), Hanoi Restaurant & Cafe (open for dine-in daytime), Jones the Grocer (open for daytime dine-in), La Brioche (0730-1330, closed afternoons until Iftar). Other outlets all closed daytime.
- Al Raha: see Al Bandar, Al Muneera, Al Raha Beach, Al Raha Gardens, Al Zeina.
- Al Raha Gardens: Circle Café (8am-11pm).
- Al Khalidiya: Delecto (1200-0100), The Third Place (0830-2230).
- Al Zeina: Andiamo (9am-11pm), Cafe Firenze (7am-11pm), Nando’s (1200-2400) all open for daytime dine-in. Dolmabahce Turkish Restaurant closed daytime. Dandana Gourmet (Dandana EFCO?) very closed ... or opening soon according to a FB page and website at dandana6.wixsite.com/dandana, but looks like a construction site in Jun 2017.
- Eastern Mangroves: Carluccio's, First Clique Cafe (1200-2400), Flooka (1200-2330).
- Khalidiya Village: Living Room Cafe (0900-2300).
- Masdar City:
- Siemens building: Jim's Kitchen Table (dine-in 9am-9pm, 7 days, not "Joe's Kitchen Table"), F-mart open (grocery store). Il Cafe di Roma closed daytime (or closed weekends).
- Buildings behind Siemens, open for dine-in (parking free but hot walk to and around buildings): Barbacoa Mexican Restaurant (12pm-10pm, 7 days), Caribou Coffee (0730 or 0800-1000 Sun-Thu, 0800 or 0900-1800 Fri-Sat), Papparoti (from 0900), Spinney's Cafeteria (from 0800), Sumo Sushi & Bento (11am-11pm, 7 days). Other outlets closed daytime: Cafe Cento (or closed indefinitely), Just Falafel (JF Street Food) (closed for Ramadan?), Osha Emirati Gourmet, Quiznos Sub (closed indefinitely).
- IRENA HQ building (car park entry closed?): Melius closed when we visited (on a Saturday), but we were told open Sun-Thu 0800-0200 for daytime dine-in. Security check to enter building similar to airport for international travelers.
- Saadiyat Island: Fanr at Manarat Al Saadiyat (1000-2230), Hawksbill at Saadiyat Beach Golf Club (0630-2200), Safina at Saadiyat Beach Club (12pm-10pm).
- Souk Qaryat Al Beri (Souq QAB, SQAB) (parking complicated or expensive, free parking in the sun across the road; security or parking attendants told us everything was closed daytime which is incorrect):
- [Open for daytime dine-in] Abd El Wahab (smoking area), Azzuro (smoking area (?)), Itran Moroccan Restaurant, Noodle House (12pm-12am), Sho Cho (12pm-1am).
- [Open for takeaways] Bateel (confectionery, not coffee or meals), Burger Fuel (1100-2400), Camel Cookies, Godiva Chocolatier (confectionery not dining), Souq Planet (supermarket), Starbucks.
- [Closed daytime] Entrecote Cafe de Paris, Fogo de Brazil Churrascaria, Finyaal Cafe, Il Caffe di Roma, Milas Cafe, The Meat Company, Ushna.
- Baskin Robbins closed indefinitely, or not open yet.
- [Unknown] Choco-La (not found in SQAB list or mall), Kuttab Cafe (not found in SQAB list or mall), Left Bank Lounge & Bar (in SQAB list but didn't find in mall), Saj Al Qarya Cafe (spelling (?), can't find in mall listing but found in mall, closed daytime whatever it's called).
- Yas Island:
- Ferrari World Ristorante Cavallino (can access without FW ticket), Yas Mall food court (see entry in mall list), Yas Plaza hotels and Yas Viceroy hotel (see entries in hotel list).
- Hickory's Sports Bar at Yas Links Golf Club (0630-2400), Stars & Bars at Yas Marina (1500-0300).
- Zayed Sports City: The Sportsman's Arms (0800-0200).
Abu Dhabi outlet names
- Caffe Nero: open daytime at The Galleria.
- Carluccio's, some locations open daytime: Eastern Mangroves (11am-12am), Galleria Mall (12pm-12am).
- Hanoi Naturally Vietnamese restaurant: Al Muneera (Al Raha) open daytime, Boutik Mall Al Reem Island takeaways only. Other locations unknown: WTC center (moved from Khalifa street Al Markaziyah), Dubai JLT, Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab.
- Jones the Grocer: Al Muneera open for dine-in (0900-2300 Sun-Wed, 1000-2300 Thu-Sat). [Not checked] Al Khalidiya (1130-2300 Sun-Wed, 0900-2300 Thu-Sat), Al Mamoura (0900-2300 Sun-Wed, 1000-2200 Thu-Sat), Al Raha Gardens (1130-2230 Sun-Wed, 1000-2200 Thu-Sat), Etihad HQ (0700-1600 daily).
- La Brioche, some locations, timings vary?
- [Open for dine-in daytime] Al Muneera (0730-1330 only), Khalidiya Corniche (from 0600, corner Beeshan St and Al Shoulah St), Najda St (from 0700 or 0800 (?), smoking area upstairs), Shams Boutik Mall. ADNEC, Amaya Reem Island, Danat (Danet?), Khalifa City A, Khalifa Street?
- [Open for takeaways only daytime] Liwa Village (from 0600). Al Seef Mall, Mazyad Mall?
- [Closed daytime] AUH Airport SkyPark, Abu Dhabi Mall, Abu Dhabi Marina Mall, Al Wahda Mall, Deerfields Mall, Majlis Grand Mercure Abu Dhabi. Dalma Mall, Golf Gardens, Khalidiyah Mall, Sas Al Nakhl?
- Leopold's of London (LOL): Al Maryah Galleria Mall, Nation Galleria Mall, Shams Boutik Mall open for takeaways only. Makani Al Shamkha Mall and Al Muneera locations closed daytime.
- McDonald's: Abu Dhabi Mall and WTC Mall food court open for dine-in. Mushrif Mall open for takeaways. Makani Mall deliveries only (no takeaways). Yas Mall closed until 5pm, SkyPark closed daytime. Other outlets takeaways and deliveries only, or closed?
- Nando's: Al Zeina open for dine-in. Shams Boutik and Yas Mall open for takeaways. WTC Mall closed. Other locations not checked.
- Paul's Cafe: most or all locations open for takeaways only?
- Shakespeare & Co Cafe: closed daytime?
- Starbucks: some mall locations open for takeaways (Abu Dhabi Mall, Mushrif Mall, Shams Boutik, Souk Qaryat Al Beri, Yas Mall), other mall locations closed daytime. Other locations not checked.
- Subway: some mall locations open for takeaways or dine-in if food court allows it, others closed daytime?
- Tim Horton's: most mall locations open for takeaways. Yas Mall outlet closed daytime.
Last update Tuesday 08-Oct-2019. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- Dubai 2017 list of restaurants open during Ramadan
- Coffee shops in Abu Dhabi - list of some cafes and chains with brief reviews.
- Places to eat during Ramadan daytime Abu Dhabi - add any names of places to the forum topic.
- Ramadan - general information.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.