Majid Al Futtaim MAF Shopping Malls
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) Group Shopping Malls
Majid Al Futtaim shopping malls - list of shopping centers owned and operated by MAF Group in Dubai, UAE, and international locations.
- Majed Al Futtaim Group (MAF) are Dubai based but develop and operate shopping malls in the UAE and Middle East region.
- MAF also also operate a number of Carrefour hypermarkets in the Middle East through their subsidiary Majd Al Futtaim Retail.
- Carrefour supermarkets are located in Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE, with more planned for Bahrain, Iran, Lebanon, Pakistan, and Syria.
- MAF Group is a different entity from Al Futtaim Group, although both groups are based in Dubai.
List of Majid Al Futtaim Group Shopping Malls
|Shopping Mall||Location||Country||Shops||F&B||Opening Date||Notes|
|Abu Dhabi||UAE||JV with Mubadala|
|Abu Dhabi City Centre||Abu Dhabi||UAE||planned||Reported 26 March 2012, name not confirmed|
|Ajman City Centre||Ajman||UAE|
|Al Shindhaga City Centre||Dubai Creek||UAE||75||2016|
|Al Zahia City Centre||Sharjah||UAE||360?||2020?||Part of Al Zahia community|
|Deira City Centre||Deira||UAE||1995|
|Mall of the Emirates||Al Barsha||UAE||630||100||Sep 2005|
|Matajer Al Juraina||University City, Sharjah||UAE||35||2012|
|Matajer Al Khan||Al Taawun, Sharjah||UAE||11||2012|
|Matajer Al Mergab||Sharjah||UAE||24||2012|
|Matajer Al Quoz||Sharjah||UAE||18||2011|
|Me'aisem City Centre||Dubai||UAE||53||2015||No cinema|
|Mirdiff City Center||Mirdif||UAE||Mar 2010|
|My City Centre Al Barsha||Al Barsha South||UAE||25||2016||Carrefour Market, City Centre Clinic|
|My City Centre Al Dhait||RAK||UAE||30||2018|
|My City Centre Masdar||Abu Dhabi||UAE||21||2014?||Reported as open in Apr 2019?|
|My City Centre Nasseriya||Sharjah||UAE||21||2014||Carrefour|
|Fujairah City Centre||Fujairah||UAE||2011 (scheduled)||announced January 2009|
|Sharjah City Centre||Sharjah||UAE|
MAF shopping malls outside the UAE
|Shopping Mall||Location||Country||Shops||F&B||Opening Date||Notes|
|Bahrain City Centre||Manama||Bahrain||September 2008|
|6th of October City shopping mall||Egypt||under construction|
|Al Maza City Centre||Egypt||2008 (scheduled)|
|Al Shourouq City Centre||Egypt||property company|
|Alexandria City Centre||Egypt|
|Cairo City Centre||Egypt|
|Maadi City Centre||Cairo||Egypt||87||2002|
|Mall of Egypt||Cairo||Egypt||350||Ski Egypt indoor skiing|
|Nasr City Centre||Egypt||planned|
|Nozha City Centre||Egypt||planned|
|Hyperstar hypermarket||Tehran||Iran||August 2009||Not with Carrefour, 9,000 sq meters|
|Iran||2012 (planned)||Maybe ...|
|Amman City Mall||Jordan|
|Dbayeh Shopping Mall||Lebanon|
|Beirut City Center||Beirut||Lebanon||2013||November 2009 news²|
|Mall of Oman||Muscat||Oman||Q4 2017||Announced 22 Dec 2013|
|Muscat City Centre||Muscat||Oman||Oct 2001|
|Qurum City Centre||Muscat||Oman||Oct 2008|
|Sohar City Centre||Sohar||Oman||Jan 2019?|
|Qatar Entertainment City||Doha||Qatar||planned||see note (1) below table|
|Jeddah Riviera Mall||Saudi Arabia||2010 (scheduled)||Al Ghazzawi Group JV, announced July 2007|
|Mall of Saudi||Riyadh||Saudi Arabia||600||2025 Q1?||Indoor skifield. Also reported opening in 2022?|
|City Centre Ishbiliyah||Riyadh||Saudi Arabia||250||2018?|
|Riyadh||Saudi Arabia||planned?||reported 26 Mar 2012|
|Saudi Arabia||planned||November 2009 news²|
|Damascus||Syria||2012 (planned)||Part of MAF Khams Shamat mixed used development?|
|Damascus||Syria||planned||November 2009 news²|
- Qatar Entertainment City is a joint venture with Abu Dhabi Investment House (ADIH) to develop a shopping, hotel and office complex in the "Downtown Precinct" of Doha. Announced 18 November 2008.
- Bloomberg report 03 Nov 2009 gave tentative details of planned shopping malls including a second one in Damascus.
In 2013 or 2014 (?) most or all MAF "City Centre" shopping malls were rebranded with the location name shifted from the beginning to the end of the logo, e.g. Deira City Centre became City Centre Deira. Website domains were also changed.
MAF news and general information
[Update] MAF also operates Carrefour supermarkets in Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan.
MAF Properties facts and figures (02 May 2010 press release)
- MAF Properties operates 10 shopping malls in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
- Total Gross Leasable Area (GLA) of 800,000 square meters. Expected to increase to over 1.3 million sq m by 2014 with the opening of 4 new malls. Which is about the same as the size of The Dubai Mall. Actually that's an unfair comparison - Dubai Mall GLA is about 350,000 sq m, while total area is 1.1 million sq m.
- Total customer traffic in MAF shopping malls was 120 million visitors in 2009.
MAF shopping mall expansion
- 05 Apr 2012 - Gulf News reported the CEO of MAF Properties, Peter Walichnowski, as saying "Our strategy is to double the size of our current portfolio of 11 malls to add between 10 to 12 more malls in the next five years," after the opening of the new Fujairah City Centre.
- 02 May 2010 (PR) - Majid Al Futtaim Properties plans to invest AED 12.8 billion ($3.5 billion) in developing 4 new shopping malls in Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, and UAE by 2014 or 2015.
- 17 Mar 2010 - Al Bayan newspaper reported that MAF Properties plan to open 10 new shopping malls in the Middle East region. Location details unknown.
- 05 Oct 2009 (Reuters) - MAF shopping mall construction and/or Carrefour hypermarkets planned for Iran, Lebanon, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Yemen. About 8-10 projects possibly by 2014.
MAF new shopping mall developments and expansion projects
Beirut City Center, Lebanon
- Beirut City Center shopping mall in Lebanon - construction started September 2009, completion expected Q1 2013. Development cost $300 million. Location is on the Beirut - Damascus road in the Hazmieh district. Facilities include 200 stores on 3 levels, 40 restaurants cafes and other food outlets, a rooftop dining area, a VOX cinema complex, Magic Planet children and family entertainment center, the first Carrefour hypermarket in Lebanon (area 13,000 sq m) (05 March 2012 news reports).
- About 200 shops on 3 levels. Stores and brands include Centrepoint department store (Babyshop, Lifestyle, Shoe Mart, Splash), H&M, Jack Wills (UK), Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids. Other facilities include restaurants, cafes, food court, roof-top dining area, Magic Planet entertainment zone, VOX Cinemas film theatre complex.
- Opening date expected to be early 2013.
- Location on the Damascus-Beirut Road in the Hazmieh district.
Cairo Festival City Mall, Egypt
- Area 168,000 sq meters with 300 shops including the first IKEA furniture store in Egypt, Marks & Spencer, Carrefour hypermarket (area 10,755 sq m).
- Opening date Tue 26 Nov 2013 (various opening dates planned or reported from early 2012 to 2015).
- Part of the Cairo Festival City development (area 3 million sq m), similar to Dubai Festival City. Project includes a gated community with villas and apartments, office buildings, hotels, the American International School new campus, car showrooms for Honda and Toyota.
MAF Khams Shamat shopping mall, Syria
- Khams Shamat in Syria is a US$1 billion (AED 3.7 bn) mixed use tourism mega-project in the Sabboura/Yafour area on the Damascus-Beirut highway.
- Facilities will include hotels, office space, schools, medical facilities, public parks, art galleries, and amphitheatre, shopping mall, and a town square with outdoor shopping, restaurants, and cafes.
- Total area about 1 million sq meters (not clear if that is for just phase I or the whole project). Phase one construction dates from September 2010 to 2014 (press release 07 September 2010).
- Shopping mall GLA about 200,000 sq m with 400 shops including a Carrefour hypermarket, 100 restaurants, cinema screen complex with 20 screens, children's play area, 5-star hotel connected to the shopping mall (media reports 16 October 2010).
- MAF Properties plans a shopping mall, hotel, and office project in Syria. Construction cost AED 3 billion (US$817m), land area 1 million sq meters (Reuters 16 March 2010 - based on comments from MAF CEO Peter Waclichnowski). Same report also said that MAF is in talks to develop shopping malls in Yemen and Saudi Arabia, and plans to add 14 new projects by 2015 in Egypt, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, UAE, Yemen.
Mall of Oman, Muscat, Oman
- 22 Dec 2013 - new mall in Oman announced by Majid Al Futtaim (MAF). Development cost estimated at OR180m ($467 million), land area 157,000 sq m, located in Muscat. Facilities include 350 shops, a Carrefour supermarket, cinema and family entertainment complex. MAF says it will be the largest in Oman. Completion date expected by end of 2017.
Majid Al Futtaim Group personnel
- CEO of Majid Al Futtaim Properties: Peter Walichnowski (press release 02 May 2010).
- CEO of Majid Al Futtaim Group: Francois de Montaudouin. From 2004-2007.
MAF Group jobs and vacancies
- careers.majidalfuttaim.com - list of all vacancies
MAF Group contact information
- Postal address: Majid Al Futtaim Group, PO Box 60811, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Tel +971-4-2949999. Fax +971-4-2940999.
Al Futtaim Group information
Al Futtaim Group is a separate entity from MAF Group, although they were a joint entity until a split in 2000. Al Futtaim Group malls include:
- Dubai Festival City shopping mall
- Cairo Festival Centre (Cairo Festival City). Open early 2012 (delayed from end 2010)? Carrefour 10,700 sq m.
- Cairo Festival City II. A Reuters report 14 Oct 2009 said Al Futtaim Group is looking for a second site in New Cairo to develop another Cairo Festival City.
Last update Tuesday 22-Oct-2019. Page development 4L 5C.
- www.majidalfuttaim.com - official MAF Group website.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.