Tuesday 28 January 2020 (UAE)
List of shopping malls and centers in Sharjah
List of shopping malls and centers in Sharjah
List of shopping malls and centers in Sharjah, information and guide to Sharjah Mega Mall, Sahara Center, Sharjah City Centre, Safeer Mall, and other shopping areas.
Sharjah shopping malls
- Al Falah Plaza - Al Wahda Rd, tel +971-6-5332221
- Al Fardan Centre (Al Fardan Mall) - tel +971-6-5563336, opening date 1998, located on Al Buheira Corniche.
- Al Maya Centre or Lals Centre, with a British Home Stores (BHS) - tel +971-6-5668231
- Al Tawun Mall / Al Taawan Mall / Al Taawun Mall - opposite the Sharjah Expo Center, tel +971-6-5777666. Children's entertainment area called Foton World, area 50,000 sq feet (closed?). Has an Emirates ID center on the top floor.
- Ansar Mall - Al Ittihad Rd (DXB-SHJ highway) just after you leave Dubai, tel +971-6-5313339, total area 320,000 sq ft. Website www.ansarmall.ae.
- Crystal Plaza - tel +971-6-5748888. A mixed use development - residential and commercial towers with a few shops, banks, cafes, restaurants on the lower levels.
- Gold Center
- Oasis Center Sharjah - reported in Gulf News 28 Oct 2013 as opening by end of 2014, but no further information found or supplied. Location, size, etc unknown.
- Sahara Center - coming from Dubai on the DXB-SHJ highway, turn right at the intersection after Al Mulla Plaza (there might be a Sahara Center signpost). Good for clothes shops. Two large furniture shops to choose from - Marina and Home Center. Decent food court selection and large children's entertainment area. Also a Spinneys supermarket downstairs. Developer Al Nahda Real Estate and Trading? Three level mall extension on eastern end with 120 new stores due to open in 2011 (delayed from 2010?), part of the Sahara City Project mixed use development. Further expansion at the other end under consideration. Our favorite of the shopping malls in Sharjah.
- Safeer Mall Sharjah Dubai Highway - open 06 February 2006, near Al Nahda area in Dubai, 1.2 million sq ft area on 4 levels with 140 stores and 500,000 sq ft retail space. Shops include Better Life, Café Supreme, Cellucom, ChicKing, Damas, E4U (Al Sayegh Brothers), Foyoun, Golden Sheetal, Hang Ten, Home Mart, Jacky's Express, Mikyajy, Nayomi, Popeyes, Rasasi Perfumes, Royal Palace Furniture - Simplified, SFC, Silverline (Shoe Mart), Sports Market (Sun N Sand Sports), Telefonika, The Raymond Shop, United Furniture - Koncept, Value Time (Rivoli). Other facilities include Discount Centre hypermarket, Space City amusement park, underground parking, and food court.
- Safeer Mall II Sharjah - near the Sharjah Cricket Stadium, 50+ retail shops, food court, parking, scheduled to open end 2009.
- Sara Mall (Sarah Center, Sarah Shopping Centre - Al Hisn Avenue (Bank Street), Al Shuwaiheen (Old Souq Area), near the Heritage Area and Sharjah Chamber of Commerce. Tel +971-6-5680880. Website www.sarahuae.com no longer available.
- Sharjah City Centre (SCC) - on Al Wahda Rd - the main road through Sharjah from Dubai. Has the first Carrefour in Sharjah. Opening date September 2001? Includes Bowling Planet 10-pin bowling alley? And Magic Planet entertainment area. General Manager Anna Mansour. Update 18 Nov 2013: Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) announced expansion plans for Sharjah City Center, increasing the GLA by 13,500 sq m which will include 28 new stores and dining outlets, and a new cinema complex, with project value AED 200m, construction start date expected to be mid-2014, completion date not supplied.
- Sharjah Mega Mall - tel +971-6-5742574, opening hours 10am-11pm Sat-Thu, 2pm-11pm on Fridays, Mega Mart supermarket open 24 hours, Anticsland 10am-11pm Sun-Wed and 10am-midnight Thu-Sat, food court 10am-midnight Sat-Wed, 10am-1am Thu, 2pm-1am Fri. In Abu Shagara area, opposite Sharjah Immigration Office. First opened December 2001, total area 800,000 sq ft, GLA 400,000 sq ft, owned and managed by Citadel Properties. Facilities include 7 cinema screens (Grand Mega Mall), Antics Land entertainment center on the 3rd floor (and at 75,000 sq ft is larger than some shopping centers, includes the Thunder Mountain roller coaster which is more of a small bump than a mountain), and food court. Mall is on 4 floors with 150 shops including BHS, Mango, Mega Mart, Paris Gallery, Zara. Shopping center was closed on Wednesday 21 April 2010 from late afternoon due to a fire that destroyed the main entrance sign.
- Sharjah Shopping Centre (center, mall) - tel +971-6-5618863, open 1999, operated by Lals Group (also operate Lamcy Plaza and Arabian Center in Dubai), on Al Wahda Rd in Al Rolla area, has gold shops on the ground floor. Relatively small - Lals say total area is 50,000 sq ft.
Matajer shopping centers in Sharjah
- Sharjah Holding, a partnership between the Sharjah Government and Majid Al Futtaim Properties (MAF), plans to build seven Matajer community shopping malls in Sharjah from 2011-2013, with expansion into other UAE emirates after that.
- First malls opening in the areas of Al Khan, Al Juraina, Al Mirgab, Al Quoz, each with a Carrefour Market supermarket as the anchor tenant.
- Retail area in each Matajer center expected to be between 1,800 and 7,500 square meters.
Matajer community mall Al Quoz, Sharjah
- Opening date October 2011
- Stores include Carrefour Market, Caribou Coffee, McDonalds, Planet Pharmacy.
- Total of 17 shops with a total leasable area of 3,000 square meters.
Last update Sunday 15-Dec-2013. Page development 4L 5C.
- www.sharjahmegamall.com - Sharjah Mega Mall website
- [Disabled] Submit URL.