Abu Dhabi Hotels (Hotels in Abu Dhabi)
List of Abu Dhabi city hotels (not comprehensive)
- Al Diar Capital, operator Abu Dhabi National Hotels (ADNH).
- Al Diar Dana, operator ADNH
- Al Diar Mina, operator ADNH
- Al Diar Palm, operator ADNH
- Al Diar Regency, Abu Dhabi, operator ADNH. Won the Golden Award for best 3-star hotel in the UAE, from the UAE Ministry of Youth and Culture, apparently a government hotel rating department.
- Aloft Hotel, 408 rooms, owned by Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (ADNEC), operated by Starwood Hotels and Resorts, location next to Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC) with a direct link to the center. Open 05 November 2009. General Manager Stephan Vanden Auweele.
- Biltmore Hotel, Al Bateen area (opening 2013 maybe) - operated by Millennium and Copthorne Hotels, in design phase in early 2011.
- Capital Center Hotel, Abu Dhabi, operator Abu Dhabi National Hotels (under development - 05 May 2009 press release)
- Century Hotel Apartments, an Al Diar Group hotel, operator ADNH.
- Club Med - reportedly in talks to consider opening a resort in the UAE (The National 17 January 2010)
- Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi - business hotel, open in 2009, facilities include
192 rooms and suites, business center and meeting rooms, indoor pool, sauna, beauty salon.
- Cristal Salam Hotel - opening date early 2011, managed by Emerald Middle East Real Estate LLC, 112 rooms and suites, facilities include free underground parking, free internet, meeting rooms, Figure 8 Health Club, sauna and steam rooms, outdoor pool, Cristal Spa, 2.35 all-day dining area, and Blendz lobby café.
- Eastern Mangroves Hotel and Spa, operated by Anantara - opening date 08 June 2012. Location on Salam Street. Opening promotion room rate of AED 1,200 until September 2012, includes AED 1,200 credit to spend in the hotel (news reports 06 June 2012).
The hotel said it will run an opening promotion of Dh1,200 per room until the end of September, and guests would be able to get a the same amount in credit to spend at the hotel ’s facilities.
- Emirates Palace Hotel - at the end of the corniche, a spectacular
place worth having a look at if you're in the area. Has hosted several
exhibitions and concerts since it opened including Justin Timberlake,
a troubador of some repute, on 06 December 2007, and a selection of Picasso paintings in mid-2008. Emirates Palace
won a couple of World Travel Awards in December 2007. One for the World's Leading Conference Hotel, and one for their grand suites being named
the World's Leading Suites. The Emirates Palace auditorium is claimed
to be the largest in the Middle East and Northern African Region
(MENA) with an audience capacity of 1100. Tel +971-2-6909000, website www.emiratespalace.com, prices from AED 1500-6000 (September 2008). Managed by Kempinski Hotels & Resorts?
- Etihad Towers Hotel - see Jumeirah Etihad Towers.
- Eva Hotel, expected opening 2010, 4-star, location Mina Street, operator
Southern Sun Hotels.
- Fairmont Bab Al Bahr on Abu Dhabi Creek, opening October 2009, 369 guestrooms, private beachfront, Willow Stream Spa (not open until 2010), fitness center, 2 swimming pools. Some rooms have bathtubs with views of the creek. Drinking and dining facilities include Frankie's Italian Restaurant and Bar, and Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill (first one outside the UK).
- Grand Millennium Hotel and Spa Al Wahda - opening date possibly spring 2010. Facilities include 850 rooms, suites, and apartments; 2700 sq meter spa, restaurants and bars. General Manager is Mr Abel Damergi.
- Holiday Inn, 4-star, opening date November 2009? Opposite ADNEC, general manager Sid Sattanathan. Room rates AED 1750 during Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, then AED 700-800 promotional rate.
- Hard Rock Hotel Abu Dhabi - opening in 2014? Announced 19 June 2012.
- Hyatt Capital Gate - same as the "Hyatt at Capital Center" hotel? Occupies floors 18 to 32 of the 35-storey Capital Gate Building developed by Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC). Facilities include 189 rooms, a suspended Sky Lobby with views of Abu Dhabi. Opening date expected in Q4 2011 (press release 13 April 2011).
- Hyatt International - renamed as Hyatt Capital gate? Opening date 2009 ... delayed to 2010 ... end of 2011. A 200 room 5 star hotel in Capital
Gate, part of
the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC). Named 'Hyatt at
Capital Centre', it will be the first Hyatt in Abu Dhabi. There
are already 3 in Dubai - Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency.
- Hyatt Place, expected to open 2011 and/or 2013? Possibly in Dubai or elsewhere in the UAE also?
- JW Marriot Resort & Spa, Abu Dhabi, operator Abu Dhabi National Hotels (under development - 05 May 2009 press release).
- Jumeirah Etihad Towers Hotel - 5 stars, operated by Jumeirah Group (first one in Abu Dhabi under Jumeirah management), opening scheduled for September 2011 (delayed from end 2010). Facilities include 382 rooms and suites, 199 serviced apartments, Talise Spa, private beach, located in Al Ras Al Akhdar district near the Abu Dhabi Corniche (15 July 2011 news).
- Liwa Executive Suites by Coral Hotels & Resorts - location is next to the City Terminal in Abu Dhabi. Facilities include 54 suites, business center, meeting rooms, fitness center, swimming pool, 24-hour restaurant and café. Hotel Manager is Amr Hamed (Jul 2012), website is www.coral-liwasuites.com.
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Abu Dhabi - opening date by 2014, see Saadiyat Island.
- Nobu - in talks to sign an agreement with someone to develop a hotel in Abu Dhabi (and maybe Dubai) according to UAE media reports 03 May 2010. Opening date might be by 2012 (which probably means 2014 realistically).
- Oryx Hotel, an Al Diar hotel, operator ADNH
- Park Hyatt Hotel and Villas on Saadiyat Island, see Saadiyat Island hotels for more information. Opening in 2011?
- Park Arjaan serviced apartments - opening by end 2009, next door to the Park Rotana Abu Dhabi
- Park Rotana Abu Dhabi - 5 star, part of the Park Rotana Complex near Khalifa Park, open December 2009
- Premier Inn Abu Dhabi International Airport - opening 2012 (delayed), 300 rooms, AED 120m development cost,
located opposite Terminal 3 with link to T1 and T2. Facilities include restaurant, bar, coffee shop, and meeting rooms (press release 31 October 2010). Update (press release 13 February 2012) - groundbreaking February 2012, completion delayed to March 2013, construction cost AED 120 million.
- Premier Inn Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre - opening date expected September 2011 (30 October 2010 press reports).
- Regent Emirates Pearl Hotel Abu Dhabi - owner / operator Rezidor Hotels, under construction in May 2009, opening date expected 2012, height 240 meters, 45 floors,
377 rooms and suites, 60 furnished apartments.
Developer is Emirates Pearl for Development and Investment - JV between TDIC and Atlas Telecom. Building contract awarded to Arabian Construction Company (ACC).
- Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal, opening planned for end 2011 or early 2012. Total of 532 rooms. Developer Abu Dhabi National Hotels (ADNH).
- Rocco Forte - 5 star hotel designed by Olga Polizza, with a Mark Hix restaurant, 281 rooms in an 11 floor tower, opening June 2010
- Rotana Hotels based in Abu Dhabi has 5 hotels and plans to open another 6 hotels by October 2009, and another 7 hotels in 2011, all in Abu Dhabi. Rotana also plan to open a total of 35 hotesl in the UAE by 2012 (Reuters report 06 May 2009).
- Saadiyat Island hotels
- Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi opened August 2007. Rooms,
suites, villas and serviced apartments (studio to 4 bdrm).
- Sofitel Abu Dhabi Capital Plaza on the Abu Dhabi Corniche - open by end 2010, 233 rooms, 47 suites, Millesime Club on the top floors for business executives.
- St Regis Abu Dhabi on the Corniche - opening September 2012, general manager Oliver Key, in one of the two towers of the Nation Towers development. Hotel will be on floors 33-49 with 283 rooms including 40 suites, and the world's highest suspended Presidential suite, at 200 meters above ground level. The Nation Riviera Beach Club opposite the hotel is scheduled to open in early 2013.
- St Regis Saadiyat Island.
- Yas Island hotels
- Yotel hotels, 2 of them, Abu Dhabi, operator Abu Dhabi National Hotels (under development - 05 May 2009 press release)
Hotels in Abu Dhabi emirate but not in Abu Dhabi city
- Jebel Dhana / Dhanna / Danat Resort - an isolated 5 star resort 240 km west of Abu Dhabi, part of Danat Hotel Group. Excursions to Sir Bani Yas Island, a sort of wildlife sancturary (closed for redevelopment through 2007). Drive along the E11 past Ruwais and look for the Danat Resort turn-off. Weekend rates 650 dhs per night plus taxes during August 2007. Tel +971-2-8012222, website www.ncth.com or www.danathotelgroup.com.
- Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort - a 5 star hotel in Liwa, about 2 hours drive from Abu Dhabi city, overlooking the start of the Empty Quarter. Opening date 25 October 2009 (press release 22 October 2009). Managed by Anantara Hotel Group in Bangkok. General Manager is Didier Tourneboeuf. Resort has 154 rooms, 52 villas, camel rides and desert safaris, traditional tent village, and lots of sand. Room rates start at AED 1700 (US$470) per room and AED 4200 (US$1150) for 1 bedroom villas.
- Sir Bani Yas Hotel - Desert Islands Resort and Spa on Sir Bani Yas Island, open September 2008, room rate about 2000 dhs (includes boat trip from mainland, no discount if you swim). Have a spa massage amongst the Arabian Oryx. Hotel managed by Anantara Hotel Group Bangkok. Sir Bani Yas is a wildlife reserve established by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the "father of the UAE". Bani Yas island was private access only before the hotel opened.
Rotana Hotels scheduled to open in Abu Dhabi
Expect delays in scheduled opening dates. Rotana
Hotels are also opening some "Centro
by Rotana" budget hotels in the UAE, during 2008.
- Capital Centre Rotana - ADNEC Capital Center, 4 star 300-room hotel, opening date in 2011 (15 May 2010 press release)
- Centro Capital Centre - ADNEC Capital Center, 300-room budget hotel, opening date in 2011 (15 May 2010 press release)
- Capital Centre Arjaan by Rotana - ADNEC Capital Center, 4 star 200-room hotel apartment complex, opening date in 2012.
- Khalidiya Palace Rotana Resort, Abu Dhabi - early 2008 (August 2008 press release)
- Park Rotana Hotel & Suites, Abu Dhabi - mid 2008 (August 2008 press release)
General hotel information
See the Dubai hotels general information.