Hard Rock Cafe Dubai
Hard Rock Cafe Dubai, UAE is one of a chain of Hard Rock restaurants internationally. Originally on Sheikh Zayed Road near Dubai Internet City in Al Sufouh, the cafe closed in 2009 but is due to reopen in Dubai Festival City in Al Garhoud with opening date scheduled for October 2010 ... Delayed to November 2011.
- Hard Rock Cafe (HRC) first opened in Dubai 13 December 1997? With
Chuck Berry performing at the opening?
- Facilities included bar, restaurant, nightclub.
- Sheikh Zayed Road location lost alcohol licence in 2008, closed completely in March 2009.
- New Hard Rock Cafe in Dubai Festival Centre opening date announced as October 2010 (press release 17 August 2010). Actual opening announced 19 November 2011 - area of 26,400 square-foot with seating for 350 people, and a Rock Shop.
- And in keeping with the Dubai tradition of building the biggest whenever possible, the new HRC will be the largest
Hard Rock Café outside North America, and will have the largest Hard Rock Shop in the world (Gulf News report 17 August 2010).
- Press release also said
Additional hotel and casino projects have been announced in
... Dubai and Abu Dhabi, scheduled to open in 2013. Which sounds odd. Hotel maybe but as gambling is illegal in the UAE it seems hard to imagine anyone building a casino ... although Bawadi in Dubailand was reportedly going to have casinos without gambling.
New Hard Rock Cafe in Dubai Festival Centre
- Area of 26,400 square feet with seating for over 300 people.
- Facilities include bar, Rock Shop (area 2,500 sq ft), restaurant
- Like the SZR location, the new cafe will have a large guitar on display. At 118 feet, HRC say it will be the largest in the world (in the 17 August 3010 press release anyway), and an application will be made to the Guinness Book of World Records.
Old Hard Rock Cafe on Sheikh Zayed Road
- Landmark building when it first opened in 1997/1998), with two large guitars marking the entrance, and a
mini Empire State Building as part of the structure.
- The cafe stood out as one of the few buildings in that area at the time, but by the time the cafe closed in 2009, the building was obscured by all the construction surrounding it.
Hard Rock Cafe nightclub
- Night club at Hard Rock Cafe in Dubai was called Amnesia? We can't remember ...
Hard Rock Hotel Abu Dhabi
- 19 June 2012 (press release) - Hard Rock International announced an agreement with Aabar Properties in Dubai to develop and manage a 5 star Hard Rock Hotel in Abu Dhabi. Facilities include 378 rooms, restaurants, entertainment and meeting facilities, Hard Rock Cafe, Sky Lobby on the fifth floor podium, Lobby Bar with outdoor entertainment deck and hookah lounge, Sky Bar and swimming pool on the 37th floor, wellness and spa club (area 12,000 sq ft), Body Rock fitness center, Rock Spa, events and meeting facilities, business center, six meeting rooms, ballroom (area 5,200 sq ft). Opening date might be in 2014?
Hard Rock International
- As of August 2010, there are 168 Hard Rock venues in 52 countries, including 133 Hard Rock Cafes and 14 Hard Rock Hotels and Casinos.
- Hard Rock cafes are popular for playing classic rock music, holding rock concerts, and displaying large collections of rock memorabilia. They also make half decent hamburgers.
- The Hard Rock collection of rock stuff started with an Eric Clapton guitar (in 1970?)
- Flagship Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Tampa, and in Hollywood (Florida). Other locations (some are hotels only) include Bali, Biloxi, Chicago, Las Vegas, Macau, Orlando, Penang, Pattaya, San Diego, Singapore.
- New Hard Rock hotel venues announced for Hungary (opening 2013), Panama (opening 2012), Punta Cana (opening 2010).
- Hard Rock International is owned by Seminole Hard Rock Entertainment, Inc.
Last update Thursday 21-Jun-2012. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.