Air Arabia flights
See also main Air Arabia page with
- Air Arabia bookings, tickets, and background information
- Air Arabia facts and figures, timeline and history, incidents and accidents
List of Air Arabia flight routes and destinations to and from Sharjah International Airport (SHJ)
- Ahmedabad (03 Apr 2007)
- Astana (suspended)
- Athens (21 Apr 2009)
- Bangalore (to new Bengaluru International Airport from 22 May 2008)
- Basra, Iraq (04 Nov 2012)
- Beirut (Oct 2003?)
- Bombay (see Mumbai)
- Calicut (see Kozhikide)
- Cebu (CEB, possibly)
- Chennai (02 Nov 2006)
- Chittagong (18 Jun 2007)
- Clark (Diosdado Macapagal International Airport DMIA CRK, possibly)
- Coimbatore CJB (01 Oct 2007)
- Dammam / Damman
- Delhi (see New Delhi)
- Donestks (Oct 2011)
- Erbil, Iraq (14 Oct 2012)
- Gassim, KSA (15 Jul 2011)
- Goa (16 Apr 2009)
- Hyderabad (27 Oct 2008)
- Kabul (suspended restart 16 Dec 2010)
- Kano (possibly)
- Karachi (04 Mar 2007)
- Kazan (stopped 15 May 2012?)
- Kharkiv (Oct 2011)
- Kiev (15 Oct 2008)
- Kochi, Koneyammanputhhur (same as Coimbatore CJB)
- Kozhikode CCJ / Calicut (26 Feb 2008, daily from 28 May 2008, suspended Mar 2009?)
- Latakia (04 Dec 2006)
- Lyon (see comment)?
- Mangalore (planned)
- Medina/Madina (01 Sep 2009)
- Moscow (Dec 2005-Mar 2006-23 Nov 2011)
- Mumbai (Bombay) (Mar 2005)
- Najaf, Iraq (08 Jun 2010)
- Nairobi NBO, (26 Oct 2008)
- New Delhi DEL (31 Mar 2008)
- Peshawar (07 Mar 2007)¹
- Punjab (planned)
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Rostov, Russia (01 Nov 2012)
- Salalah, Oman (28 Jun 2012)
- Samara (KUF) (26 Oct 2009)
- Shiraz (25 Jun 2008)
- Sialkot (10 Jan 2013)
- Sohag, Egypt (27 Dec 2010)
- Taif, KSA (02 Jun 2012)
- Thiruvananthapuram / Thiruvanathapuram (05 Nov 2006)
- Ufa, Russia (02 Oct 2012)
- Yanbu, KSA (01 Nov 2011)
- Yekaterinburg (29 Oct 2011)
- Yerevan (16 Nov 2006) (suspended)
- Peshawar flights diverted to Islamabad from 23 August 2009 due to security issues in Pakistan.
New Air Arabia destinations in 2013
- Sialkot, Pakistan - daily flights depart SHJ at 2245 (flight G90567), arrive Sialkot International Airport (airport code SKT) 0245 (next day). Return flight departs Sialkot 0325 and arrives SHJ 0615. Flights start on Thursday 10 January 2013.
New Air Arabia destinations in 2012
- Basra, Iraq - 3x weekly, start date 04 November 2012 ... changed to 06 December 2012? Operates on Tue, Thu, Sun. Flight G90377 departs Sharjah International Airport 0820, arrives Basra International Airport 0915. Return flights depart Basra 0955, arrive Sharjah 1240.
- Erbil, Iraq - 4x weekly. Sun, Mon, Fri flights depart Sharjah 0700, arrive Erbil International Airport at 0900, return flight departs Erbil 0940, arrives Sharjah 1320. Wed flights depart Sharjah 1520, arrive Erbil 1720, return flight departs Erbil 1800, arrives Sharjah 21:40 (WAM 25 Sep 2012).
- Rostov, Russia - 2x weekly on Tue and Fri, starting 02 Nov 2012 (WAM 01 Nov 2012).
- Salalah, Oman - 2x weekly flights on Thursdays and Saturdays starting 28 June 2012 (news reports 08 June 2012).
- Taif, Saudi Arabia - flights start 02 June 2012, 3x weekly on Saturdays, Mondays, and Thursdays. Flights depart SHJ at 12:15, arrive at Taif Airport (TIF) at 14:05. Return flights depart TIF at 14:45, arrive SHJ at 18:30.
- Ufa (Uffa?), Russia -2x weekly on Tuesdays and Fridays. Flights depart Sharjah International Airport at 1855, arrive Ufa International Airport 0155 (next day). Return flights depart Ufa 0255, arrive Sharjah at 0555.
New Air Arabia destinations 2008-2011
- Athens, Greece - Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport (ATH) from 21 April 2009, 3 flights per week on Tue, Thu, Sat. Flight times: depart SHJ 1855, arrive ATH 2245, depart ATH 2330, arrive SHJ 0520 next day
- Donetsk/Donestks, Ukraine - flights start October 2011 to Donetsk International Airport (code DOK).
- Gassim, Saudi Arabia - flights start 15 July 2011, 4x weekly on Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri. Depart SHJ 13:20, arrive Gassim Airport (ELQ) 14:20. Return flight depart ELQ 15:00, arrive SHJ 18:00 (press release 11 Jul 2011).
- Goa, India - Dabolim International Airport (GOI) from 16 April 2009, 3 flights per week on Tue, Thu, Sat. Flight times: depart SHJ 0025, arrive GOI 0505, depart GOI 0550, arrive SHJ 0735.
- Kabul, Afghanistan - flights to recommence 16 December 2010, 4x weekly on Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays according to a 27 November 2010 press release. Oddly, the press release says "the addition of this new destination" making it sound like Air Arabia hadn't flown there before, even though the AirArabia website still says "Suspended temporarily". Kabul flights previously in 2005 briefly (about a month, 2x weekly?), and 4x weekly from 04 May 2006 (01 May 2006 press release) to 19 September 2006 (cancelled according to 18 September 2006 press release).
- Kazan, Russia (Kazan International Airport, airport code KZU) - start date not supplied, flights suspended from 15 May 2012? Twice weekly on Tue and Fri. G90267 departs SHJ 1145, arrives KZU 1645, duration 5 hours. Flight G90268 departs KZU 1825, arrives SHJ 2325, duration 5 hours.
- Kharkiv/Kharkov, Ukraine - on Wednesdays. Departs SHJ at 10:00, arrives Kharkiv International Airport (code HRK) at 14:10. Return flights depart HRK at 15:10, arrive SHJ at 21:00 (press release 30 October 2011).
- Kozhikode CCJ / Calicut - flights started 26 Feb 2008, daily flights from 28 May 2008, suspended according to a 23 Mar 2009 news report.
- Lyon, France - there was an unsourced report in La Tribune (France) 18 June 2010 that a landing slot for Lyon had been awarded to Emirates, Etihad, and Air Arabia. Just one between the three airlines, not one each, instead of the total of seven slots they wanted. Unknown which hub Air Arabia would use if it starts Lyon flights, maybe Egypt or Morocco?
- Medina (MED), Saudi Arabia - flights starting 01 September 2009, 2x per week to Prince Mohammad Bin Abdulaziz Airport
- Moscow, Russia - flights on Sundays, Tuesdays, Fridays, starting 14 October 2011 (delayed to 23 November 2011). Depart SHJ at 09:00, arrive Moscow Domodedovo Airport (DME) at 14:00. Return flights depart Moscow 15:00, arrive SHJ at 20:00 (press release 11 October 2011). First flight Wednesday 23 November 2011, unclear if days have changed or not, frequency to increase to 5x weekly from 28 December 2011 (press release).
- Qassim, Saudi Arabia
- Samara Kurumoch International Airport (KUF) in Russia - flights to begin on 26 October 2009 according to Samara Airport press office 30 September 2009. Flights on Mondays and Fridays. Not confirmed by Air Arabia until 11 October 2009 press release.
- Sohag, Egypt - flights start date 27 December 2010, from SHJ to Mubarak International Airport on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays (13 December 2010 press release).
- Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina (21 May 2011 - The Balkan Chronicle) - news report that Air Arabia would launch flights from Dubai to Tuzla ("Air Arabia to launch flights between Dubai and Tuzla") following the initialing of an Air Services Agreement between the UAE and Bosnia & Herzegovina. But that sounds odd since Air Arabia operates from Sharjah, not Dubai. Report unconfirmed and might be incorrect.
- Yanbu, Saudi Arabia - flights start 01 November 2011, 3x weekly. SHJ to Yanbu Airport (YNB) on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays depart 1300, arrive 1545. YNB to SHJ depart 1625, arrive 2030 (press release 05 September 2011).
- Yekaterinburg (Ekaterinburg), Russia - flights start 29 October 2011, twice weekly on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Depart SHJ 10:05, arrive Yekaterinburg Airport (airport code SVX) 16:50. Return flights depart Yekaterinburg at 17:50 and arrive SHJ 20:50 (press release 11 October 2011).
Updates to flights, frequencies, and services
- Beirut - increased to 2x daily from 01 May 2013. Departs SHJ at 0800 and 1815. Return flights depart Beirut International Airport at 1200 and 2215.
- Karachi - increased from 4x weekly to daily flights from end of November 2012. Sharjah to Karachi departs 23:00, arrives 01:50 (next day). Karachi to Sharjah departs 02:30, arrives SHJ at 03:45.
- Peshawar - increased from 3x weekly to daily flights from 04 Dec 2012 (WAM 04 Dec 2012).
Air Arabia bus service RAK to Sharjah
- Air Arabia will operate a bus service 2x daily from Ras Al Khaimah to Sharjah (announced in press release 18 July 2010). Start date of service not supplied.
- Bus departure times from RAK at 0900 and 1800. Allow 90 minutes to get to Sharjah Airport.
- Departure times from Sharjah Airport not supplied. Or maybe the bus service is one way only?
- Pick up points in RAK at Air Arabia General Sales Agent office on Oman Road, Al Nakheel (opposite RAK Bank); and Al Hamra Mall (opposite RAK Ceramics).
Last update Sunday 19-May-2013