Al Hajjar Air (Al Hajar Airlines)
Al Hajjar Air has been named (or renamed) as Eastern Express according to news reports 14 August 2011.
Al Hajjar Air (airline code unknown, maybe AHA?) is an airline company in the planning stages, to be operated by Al Hajjar Aviation (Al Hajjar Aviation Consultancy), with flights out of Fujairah International Airport. Start date of operations might be in 2012.
- Not clear if AHA plans to operate as a budget or LCC (Low Cost Carrier)? CEO, Capt Alex de Vos was reported as saying "Our pricing model will be based on very low-cost operations to the passengers, but offer full flight services on board at the same time, ... We won't be a ‘budget' airline per se ..." (Xpress - Gulf News 09 June 2011).
- Same report also said De Vos said the airline, which has received its AOC (Air Operator's Certificate) in the UAE ...
Al Hajjar Air destinations
Al Hajjar Air schedule and timetable
Al Hajjar Air timeline and history
- 12 June 2011 - Arabian Business reports funding talks in progress for $3.5 million worth of financing with flights possibly starting Q1 2012.
- 09 June 2011 - Gulf News Xpress reports flights might begin in January 2012.
- 27 April 2011 - reports of the new airline based in Fujairah (Fujairah in Focus blog)? Appears to be a repeat of the March 2011 document (original no longer available)?
- 15 March 2011 - reports of new Fujairah airline seeking funding (Department of Civil Aviation Dubai - DCA) ("The directors are currently seeking funds to enable Al Hajjar Air to enter the operational phase, hopefully in 2012")?
Al Hajjar Air aircraft fleet
- One Jetstream 41 aircraft leased from BAE Systems, capacity 29 passengers (Arabian Business 12 June 2011).
Al Hajjar Air personnel
- President and CEO of Al Hajjar Aviation - Captain Alex de Vos?
- CEO of Al Hajjar Air - Mike Carvath?
Al Hajjar Air contact details
Last update Sunday 21-Aug-2011.
Related websites (new window)
- www.flyaha.com - Al Hajjar Aviation website? No information, under construction (last checked 04 July 2011).