Kang Pacific Airlines (KPA)
Kang Pacific Airlines (airline code KPA) is, or was, a budget airline operating out of Fujairah International Airport (airport code FJR) which started and stopped in June 2008 with just one flight.
- Kang Pacific Airlines or Airways launch date was 06 June 2008.
- Kang Pacific fleet consists of one leased DC-10.
- Destinations expected to be in India, Middle East, Philippines, Sri Lanka, UK.
- Chairman and CEO is Paul Kang.
- Startup capital US$10 million, reported August 2007.
- Free coach service supposed to operate for passengers living in Ajman, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm Al Quwain. But apparently not Al Ain or Abu Dhabi.
- Manila flights to be operated in association with TransGlobal Airways of the Philippines (codeshare arrangement?)
Kang Pacific destinations
- Amritsar (India) - planned
- Cochin / Kochi (India) - planned
- Colombo (Sri Lanka) - planned
- Dhaka (Bangladesh) - planned launch date 01 October 2007, delayed to September 2008
- East Midlands Airport (UK)
- Manila (Philippines) - planned launch date 01 October 2007, delayed to September 2008. One way flights cost from AED 1100, return flights AED 2200.
Kang Pacific schedule and timetable
Kang Pacific Airlines timeline and history
- 10 October 2008 (Experiencing The Emirates blog by Geoff Pound) - apparently on 30 June 2008, KPA sent notices to passengers that all flights had been cancelled, and they should contact the KPA office for refunds. According to some passengers, nobody answers the phone, no refunds were given, Mr Kang's mobile phone has been off since end August 2008, and nobody knows where he went or how to get their money back.
- 25 September 2008 (The National) - report said Kang Pacific operations had shut down, and only one flight was ever made.
The General Manager of Fujairah Airport, Khaled al Mazroui, said "That was the first and last flight," in reference to the Kang Pacific launch flight on 06 June 2008, but didn't know why they had stopped. And
UAE General Civil Aviation Authority DG Saif Al Suwaidi said "... but he didn't even obtain an AOC" (UAE Air Operator's Certificate). Kang Pacific had planned to fly using an AOC issued in the Philippines (August 2007 reports).
- 06 June 2008 (press release) - Kang Pacific's (TransGlobal Airways) first flight, TZ998, arrived in Fujairah at 09:27 after departing from Clark International Airport in the Philippines.
- 14 April 2008 - Kang Pacific first flight scheduled for Manila according to KP website ... but takeoff was delayed until June 2008
- 09 October 2007 (Emirates Today) - Kang Pacific launch has been delayed until November 2007, and there appear to be question marks about Kang Pacific's Air Operator Certificate (AOC).
Mohammed Abu Baker Farea, Director of the
Aviation Safety and Security Department
at the UAE GCAA said "Representatives of Kang approached us six months ago, ... They made an initial inquiry about the procedures to acquire an air operator's certificate (AOC), which is a must for any airline wishing to operate commercial flights to and from the UAE. Until now they have not submitted any application or documents."
Mr Kang said to Emirates Today "We can still fly because we have a trade licence issued by the Government of Fujairah. ...
Also we are in the process of acquiring an AOC from the Philippines, which we will use pending the release of our AOC from the UAE."
But the General Manager of Fujairah Airport, Dr Khaled Al Mazroui, said "A trade licence does not give a company the authority to operate commercial flights in Fujairah,"
- 06 August 2007 (Arabian Business) - Kang Pacific is a new budget airline to be launched in the UAE, operating out of Fujairah, with flights planned for India, the Philippines, and the UK. Launch date of first flight is 01 October 2007, destination Manila via Dhaka. Kang Pacific plans to lease an additional plane - either a Boeing 747 or an Airbus A310 - and purchase a Boeing 737. By end of 2007, KPA plans to have flights to Cairo, Damascus, Doha, Bahrain, Kuwait, Muscat.
Kang Pacific contact details
- Tel +971-9-2226277, fax +971-9-2226288, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Postal address PO Box 7151, Fujairah, UAE.
Last update Sunday 10-Jul-2011.