09 Sep 2012 - given that Rotana Jet has just announced domestic flights between Abu Dhabi and Fujairah, and other cities in the UAE, that might affect whether or not Eastern Express gets off the ground, so to speak. At least within the UAE. It might still operate to international destinations as previously indicated.
- New name announced in UAE news reports 14 August 2011.
- Previous name appeared to be Al Hajar Air according to reports in June 2011.
- Khaleej Times quoted the Eastern Express CEO Alex de Vos as saying "It is first regular domestic airline in the UAE and after Abu Dhabi next destination will be Bahrain after a few months," referring to planned flights between Fujairah and Abu Dhabi
Eastern Express flights, routes, destinations
Information below based on previous information about Al Hajjar Air, assumed to be the same for Eastern Express.
- Initial destinations might be Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dammam, Doha, Muscat, Riyadh, Kuwait.
- Expansion possibly to other MENA region airports, and the Indian sub-continent.
- Plans reported 12 June 2011 (Arabian Business) said first routes could be Abu Dhabi (2x daily) and Bahrain (1x daily).
Eastern Express schedule and timetable
- No information yet
Eastern Express timeline and history
- 14 August 2011 - reports of Al Hajjar airline being renamed as Eastern Express.
- 12 June 2011 - Arabian Business reports funding talks in progress for $3.5 million worth of financing with flights possibly starting Q1 2012.
- 09 June 2011 - Gulf News Xpress reports flights might begin in January 2012.
- 27 April 2011 - reports of the new airline based in Fujairah (Fujairah in Focus blog)? Appears to be a repeat of the March 2011 document (original no longer available)?
- 15 March 2011 - reports of new Fujairah airline seeking funding (Department of Civil Aviation Dubai - DCA) ("The directors are currently seeking funds to enable Al Hajjar Air to enter the operational phase, hopefully in 2012")?
Eastern Express aircraft fleet
Information below based on previous reports about Al Hajjar Air, assumed to be unchanged as of August 2011.
- One Jetstream 41 aircraft leased from BAE Systems, capacity 29 passengers (Khaleej Times 14 August 2011 - same information as previous reports).
Eastern Express personnel
- President and CEO of Al Hajjar Aviation - Captain Alex de Vos?
- CEO of Al Hajjar Air - Mike Carvath?
Eastern Express contact details
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update Saturday 15-Sep-2012.
|UAE Airlines||Air Arabia | Air Arabia flights | Al Hajjar Aviation | Eastern Express | Emirates Airlines | EK flights | Etihad Airways | Fly Dubai | FlyDubai schedule | Kang Pacific| RAK Airways | Rotana Jet | UAE airlines ||
|UAE Airports||AUH (Abu Dhabi) | AAN (Al Ain) | Ajman airport (planned) | DXB (Dubai) | DXB flights | FJR (Fujairah) | DWC (Al Maktoum) | RKT (Ras Al Khaimah) | SHJ (Sharjah)|
|UAE travel information||Budget flights Dubai | Flight deals to Dubai | Budget hotels Dubai | Car rental Dubai | Hotels in Dubai | Budget holidays Dubai | Egate Dubai | Tourist guide Dubai | Visit visa Dubai|
- www.flyaha.com - Al Hajjar Aviation website? No information, under construction (last checked 04 July 2011).
- www.flyeasternexpress.com - Eastern Express website with flight bookings and information. No destinations available though, and website seems a bit flakey - no contact details, many pages still under construction (last checked - 15 Sep 2012).
- [Disabled] Submit URL.