Ramadan in Dubai 2015
Ramadan 2015 Dubai, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Ramadan 2015 dates and information for Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, UAE. List of activities, special offers for Iftar and Suhoor meals, places open for daytime dine-in and drinking in the UAE. See the Ramadan etiquette page for information on respectful behaviour, history, and more.
Ramadan dates 2015
16 Jun 2015 (WAM): The UAE moonsighting committee announced Thursday 18 June 2015 will be the first day of Ramadan, and Wednesday will be the 30th day of Sha’aban.
|Year||Start Date¹||End Date¹||Imsak Times² (Dubai)||Fajr Times² (Dubai)||Magrib/Iftar Times²|
|01 Ramadan||29 Ramadan||01 Ramadan||29 Ramadan||01 Ramadan||29 Ramadan|
|2015||18 June 2015||17 July 2015||19:14|
|2014||29 June 2014||27 July 2014|
- Estimated dates in italics until confirmed by moon sighting committee in the UAE.
- Fajr/Imsak and Iftar/Magreb times are for Dubai. Add 4 or 5 minutes for Abu Dhabi, subtract 4 minutes for RAK, subtract 4 or 6 mins for Fujairah. Some variation in times seen in different sources (Gulf News, Khaleej Times, The National, islamicfinder.org, etc). UAE newspapers usually publish all prayer times (Fajr, Dhuhur, Asr, Magrib/Maghrib, Isha).
Eid Al Fitr 2015 dates
UAE Moon Sighting Committee 2015
- Established a week or so before the expected start of Ramadan.
Ramadan guidelines and etiquette for non-Muslims
See UAE Ramadan guidelines for a more detailed list of dos and donts, but short summary is: do not eat (or chew gum), drink, or smoke during the day during Ramadan anywhere in public in the UAE. This includes inside your car, at the beach, at shopping malls etc. You should be more conservative with your dress sense when in public by making sure your shoulders and legs are covered. Headscarves for women are not necessary.
Workers and labourers in UAE during Ramadan
In 2010, construction workers, labourers, and others working outside during the day in the summer months were permitted to break their fast during the day if conditions made it too difficult for them to continue fasting, according to a Fatwa on the www.awqaf.ae website dated 05 August 2010. Unknown if this still applies in later years. See UAE workers and Ramadan for more details.
Iftar cannons in UAE - 2011 information, should be similar for 2015
Locations of cannons being fired to signal Iftar (not confirmed for 2015 yet). Cannons are operated by the local police. Free meals to spectators still being offered in Sharjah locations handed out by Sharjah Police (Gulf News 26 July 2011)?
- Dubai - Deira, Karama, Safa Park Gate 4 (Jumeirah). Also Burj Khalifa-Downtown Dubai area (in the triangle park opposite side of Dubai Fountains to the Dubai Mall), new location for 2013.
- East Coast (Sharjah emirate): Al Dhaid - police station, Dibba Al Hosn - Sheikh Rashid Bin Ahmed Al Qasimi Mosque, Kalba - Tarif Mosque, Khor Fakkan Corniche - Al Bukhari Mosque.
- Sharjah: Al Badiah - Mussalah, Al Buheira Corniche - Al Noor Mosque, Al Falaj - Cultural Palace, Al Jarina - Al Sarri Mosque, Al Khan - Al Huda Mosque, Al Murqab - Bara Bin Azib Mosque, Talaa Mosque.
Ramadan timings and opening hours Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, UAE 2015
To be updated. See UAE Ramadan hours 2013 for previous information which is probably similar in 2015.
Date of information in brackets, if not 2015 check with organisation for confirmation. Opening hours not supplied or confirmed for 2015 unless noted.
- Banks in Dubai (and UAE).
- *Bus stations in Dubai operated by the RTA.
- Directorate of Residency and Expatriate Affairs offices (Immigration or Naturalisation and Residency Departments).
- DNRD Dubai (Dubai Immigration Department).
- *Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI).
- *Dubai Customs.
- Dubai Ferry.
- *Dubai Health Centers (UAE government Ministry of Health Dubai Medical District).
- Dubai International Airport - operates as normal 24 hours per day after passport control and customs, food and drink (including alcohol) available daytime during Ramadan.
- Dubai Metro operating hours - usually no change from normal operating hours, but train frequency during the day reduced.
- Dubai Municipality working hours 0900-1400, Sun to Thu (2012).
- Federal government ministries working hours for employees 0900-1400 Sunday to Thursday (2012).
- *Fujairah Medical District (goverment centers).
- Ministry of Labour (UAE MOL) working hours 0900-1730 (2012).
- Parking in Dubai - payment hours for public parking in RTA Dubai Municipality areas (free parking outside the times stated) (2013):
- Fish Market Deira - 0800-1300 and 1600-2300. Times apply to "All Week Days", not clear if that means 7 days per week or Sun-Thu only.
- TECOM - Dubai Media City, Dubai Internet City, Dubai Knowledge Village - 0800-1800 Sat-Thu, free parking on Fridays.
- Multi-level parking garages - 24 hrs, 7 days per week.
- All other areas - 0800-1300 and 1900-2400 Sat-Thu, free parking on Fridays.
- Parks in Dubai (public parks operated by the Dubai Municipality) (2012):
- Al Mamzar Park open from 0800-2300
- Creek Park open from 0900-2300
- Jumeirah Beach Park open 0700-2000
- Mushrif Park open 1100-2200
- Residential and Pond Parks from 0800-1400
- Safa Park open from 1100-2300
- Zabeel Park open 1100-2300
- Post offices in the UAE (2012) - open 0900-1400 Sat-Thu, closed Fridays. Some of the main or larger post offices open 0900-1700 but none open in evenings according to WAM news release 19 Jul 2012 (in previous years some post offices open 2200-2400). Dubai Airport post office open 24 hrs 7 days per week (after passport control for departures, in terminal 1).
- Public transport - see Dubai Metro, Water Buses and Water Taxis. Dubai Taxis operate 24 hours 7 days so no change during Ramadan, although it might be difficult to find a taxi around Iftar time since many or most taxi drivers are Muslim, and will be breaking their fast.
- *Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) Medical District (government health centers and clinics).
- RTA Dubai Customer Service Centers (all are closed Fridays) (2013):
- Al Barsha, Deira, Karama, Umm Ramool - 0900-1400 Sun-Thu.
- Al Manara, Al Twar - 0900-1800 Sun-Thu.
- Al Awir (Al Aweer) - 0900-1400 and 2000-2400 Sun-Thu.
- Sharjah Medical Centers and Health Clinics (government).
- Shopping malls in UAE - most will operate extended hours in the evenings with closing times between 2200 and 0100, or possibly 0200. Later closings more likely for larger malls and/or on Thursday-Saturday nights. Opening times are unlikely to be different. Malls will usually be very quiet during the day which is great if you don't like crowds.
- Sharjah Museums mostly open 0900-1400. Some open 0930-1330 instead. Some open 2100-2300 in addition to morning hours.
- Theme parks in UAE - check with individual theme parks. Opening hours might vary and/or ride availability might be reduced. On the plus side, they will usually be less busy during the day (but busier in the evenings).
- UAE federal government offices (2009) 0900-1400 Sunday-Thursday.
- *Umm Al Quwain (UAQ) Medical District (government facilities).
- Vehicle licencing and registration centers in Dubai (RTA) (2013) - 0900-1500 and 2100-2400, Sat-Thu. Applies to Wasel Vehicle Testing, ENOC Tasjeel, Tamam Al Kindi Vehicle Testing, Mumayaz Vehicle Testing, Shamil Vehicle Testing, Cars and Al Shirawi.
- Water Bus Dubai (2013) 0700-2400. Times apply to "All Week Days", presumably means 7 days per week, not Sun-Thu only.
- Water Taxi Dubai (2013) 1000-2400. Times apply to "All Week Days", presumably means 7 days per week, not Sun-Thu only.
Ramadan Garden, Al Serkal Avenue
Something different for 2015, the Ghaf Kitchen vintage Citroen food truck will move to Alserkal Avenue as a Ramadan Garden Popup Iftar and Suhoor. Indoors to escape the summer heat but with an outdoor theme. Location: A4 Space (A4 Gallery); timings: daily 1900-2200 during Ramadan.
Restaurants and cafes daytime opening hours for Ramadan 2015
- See separate page - Ramadan daytime cafes restaurants open Dubai.
- *See also the Ramadan in the UAE and coffee shops open Ramadan during day Dubai topics in the forum.
Updates for 2015 to be added to list below
Timings should be for dine-in but sometimes are takeaway only.
- La Cantine du Faubourg, 1200-0200 daily (to 0300 weekends).
- La Petite Maison, 1200-1500 daily. Closed from 28 Jun to 04 Jul 2015.
- La Porte Des Indes, 1200-0200 daily.
- Little More Business Central Towers, 0800-2100 weekdays, 0900-1900 weekends.
- Loca, Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa, open from 1200 daily.
- Maison Mathis, Dusit Thani, open 24 hrs?
- Mistral, Mövenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate, 0600-2330 daily.
- Noodle House, DIFC and Dubai Media City outlets open for dine-in, from 1200-2330. Other outlets open for takeaways only daytime.
- Perry & Blackwelder's Original Smokehouse, Souk Madinat Jumeirah, 1200-0200 daily.
- Pret To Go, DIFC and JAFZA outlets open 0800-1800 Sat-Thu.
- RIVA Beach Club, 1200-2400 daily.
- The Gramercy DIFC, Sun-Wed 0830-2400, Thu 0830-0200, Fri 1200-2400, Sat 1600-2400. Smoking area.
- The Pavilion, Downtown Dubai, Fri-Sat 1000-1500 The Bench Brunch available as usual.
- Tortuga Mina A Salam, 1200-2400.
- TRE by Roberto Rella, 1200-0200.
- Urban Bistro, Dubai Media City, 0730-1800 daily.
- Zuma, DIFC, Sun-Thu 1230-1530. Abu Dhabi branch open Sun-Thu 1200-1500.
2015 updates for Dubai
- In smaller shopping malls with no dine-in area during the day, ask nicely at one of the outlets selling takeaways and they might direct you to the staff canteen area where you can sit and consume your purchase. Don't expect this to be the case at all shopping malls, especially not the larger malls. It seems to be the exception rather than the rule.
- Outlets open in DMCC areas (Jumeirah Lakes Towers) are required to post the Ramadan operating licence in a public place, on which it clearly says the establishment is permitted to offer dine-in facilities as long as they are not visible to the public unless they enter the premises.
Daytime dine-in locations by name (short list, see next list by area for more places)
- Atlantis Hotel - see Palm Jumeirah.
- Baker and Spice Dubai (ref FB 17 Jun 2015):
- Souk Al Bahar: 8am - 7pm take away. 7pm - 11pm dine in (normal service). SAB branch also open for dine-in even though it looks closed.
Souk Al Manzil: 8am - 7pm take away. 7pm - 11pm dine in (normal service).
Dubai Marina: 7pm - 11pm dine in (normal service).
Take away and home delivery details to be announced soon.
- Souk Al Bahar: 8am - 7pm take away. 7pm - 11pm dine in (normal service). SAB branch also open for dine-in even though it looks closed.
- Four Seasons Resort Jumeirah Beach Rd (tel +971-4-2707777 - check, looks incorrect, is a Deira number):
- Coya (Peruvian restaurant), open 1230-1530 for lunch daily, tel +971-4-3169600.
- Hendricks bar, open 1300-0200 for drinks and snacks (no alcohol before Iftar).
- Suq, open 0630-1130 for breakfast, 1300-1600 for lunch.
- Jones the Grocer, conflicting information provided, seems to be closed or takeaways and deliveries only in Dubai, takeaways or dine-in in Abu Dhabi. FB page announced Abu Dhabi 0900-2230 (some stores vary) and Dubai Iftar-0200:
- Abu Dhabi: Al Mamoura from 0800 (1000 weekends), Al Muneera from 0830 (1000 weekends), Al Raha Gardens from 1000, Khalidiyah from 1000 (0900 weekends).
- Dubai: Al Manara from 0930, Al Safa from 0800.
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel: Dhow & Anchor 1200-0100, La Veranda 1100-2230 (2330 on Thu, Fri), Villa Beach 1200-2330.
- La Brioche cafes: Jumeirah Beach Rd in Dubai open 0800-0100 (upstairs), tel +971-4-3387110 (other Dubai locations closed for daytime dine-in), some in Abu Dhabi open for daytime dine-in (see below Abu Dhabi cafes heading).
- Subway - some (not all) open for takeout and deliveries. Free zone locations open for dine-in.
- Al Ghurair Center shopping mall - very small closed off seated area in food court for eating of takeaways. Standing room only in evenings and weekends. Only a couple of food court restaurants open - KFC, Charley's Subs, McDonald's. And a couple of other places in the mall - Paul's.
- Al Wasl Square - most cafes and restaurants closed daytime. Some shops closed daytime or open later. Subway and Mooyah Burgers open for takeaway and delivery, Tim Horton's open for takeaway (no delivery).
- Deira City Center - food court at other end from metro entrance open for dine-in, most food court outlets open but Starbucks next to food court (and Starbucks at metro end) closed, go downstairs from food court to Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee. A few other outlets in the mall open for takeaways during the day - Tim Horton's, Color Cafe, Paul's.
- DIFC most establishments have normal opening times with daytime eating and drinking. Some places with timings changed e.g. Gramercy.
- 1762 Gourmet Deli Company Cafe, open 0700-1800 Sun-Thu, closed Fri, Sat.
- Gramercy opening times changed during Ramadan [confirmed]: Sun-Thu open 0830-2400, Fri 1200-2400, Sat closed. Some sources say Sat 1600-2400, this is incorrect. Smoking area. Tel +971-4-4377511.
- Mint Leaf of London, open 1200-1400.
- Noodle House, daily 1100-2330?
- Zuma DIFC branch, daily 1230-0330. Closed Fridays?
- Downtown Dubai:
- Baker and Spice, Souk Al Bahar, daily 0800-2300 [confirm times], tel +971-4-4252240. Note FB page says open for takeaways only but SAB branch is open for dine-in. Knock on the door if no one standing outside to let you in.
- Manzil Hotel
- Palace Hotel: Ewan restaurant, no smoking.
- Vida Hotel, Downtown Dubai: La Serre Bistro and Boulangerie, open all day for dine-in breakfast, lunch, dinner, tel +971-4-4286969. Bistro upstairs has a smoking area.
- Dubai Healthcare City, Umm Hurair. Food court area locations should be open as usual (Building 64, Block C):
- Circle Cafe open 1000-1730? Tel +971-4-4-3621944.
- Dubai Mall: Food court open for dine-in from 1200 (not before). A few other places open for takeaways (can eat and drink them in the food court area) including Tim Horton's, Costa Coffee.
- Dubai Media City (DMC):
- Avec, Aurora Tower, open 1100-0300 daily for dine-in. Tel +971-4-4303700.
- Little More Cafe, Business Central Towers, Sun-Thu 0800-2100, Fri-Sat 0900-1900, tel +971-4-4200100.
- Noodle House, daily 1100-2330?
- [??] Pascal Tepper French Bakery, near Dubai Islamic Bank and Radisson Blu Hotel (Building 6), open 0700-2100, tel +971-4-4542408. Abu Dhabi branch (IPIC Tower, IPIC Square) no information.
- Urban Bistro, daily for dine-in, delivery, takeaways 0900-1800 (ref FB 10 Jun 2015 and again 17 Jun 2015). Other sources say 0730-1800 or 0700-1800 (error), some sources say not open for dine-in (error or misleading)?
- Dubai Marina
- [?] Favorite Things children's play area, Dubai Marina Mall, open Sun-Wed 0900-2100, Thu-Sat 0900-2200, tel +971-4-4341984. For mothers and children only.
- [?] Movenpick Hotel, JBR
- Dubai Marina Mall - except for Favorite Things (cafe open daytime for mothers with small children?), takeaways and delivery only from a limited number of outlets. McDonald's, Chickenow, Le Pain Quotidien, Gourmet Burger Kitchen (GBK) (?), Vivel Patisserie. All outlets in Pier 7 restaurant tower closed until Iftar.
- Dubai Outlet Mall - food court area has a small closed off dine-in section at the back, LH side as you walk towards the windows. Not obvious until you get there, and is a bit hot and sweaty with ineffective a/c in that area. Only a few outlets open for takeaways (to take away to the dine-in section) - Burger King, KFC, McDonald's, and Chow King. Other cafes and restaurants in the mall closed for dine-in or takeaways.
- Ibn Battuta Mall - nothing open for dine-in during the day. Some outlets open for takeaways and/or deliveries ... Starbucks either end (not the middle one), Tim Hortons, Flippin Pizza; and in food court area KFC, McDonald's, London Fish & Chips, Krispy Kreme Donuts. Not a complete list.
- Jumeirah (Jumeirahs 1-3, Al Manara, Al Wasl, Al Safa, Umm Suqeims 1-3):
- See also Four Seasons resort Beach Rd.
- La Brioche cafe, Jumeirah Beach Rd, open from 0800-0100 daily, upstairs for dine-in, free parking backside (limited, turn right just after the cafe), tel +971-4-3387110.
- Jumeirah Beach Residences (JBR) - see Dubai Marina.
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) - many places open for daytime dine-in, some only for takeways, this list very incomplete:
- Cluster A: Pizza Express (Jazz@PizzaExpress), Movenpick Hotel, open Sat-Wed 1200-0100, Thu-Fri 1200-0300, tel +971-4-4416342.
- Cluster D, near JLT metro station (list of places open daytime, others in Cluster D are all closed daytime):
- Ananda Bhavan, Indian vegetarian, tel +971-4-2767389, dine in, Lake Terrace Tower.
- Betawi Indonesian restaurant, dine-in from 1200, tel +971-4-4542329.
- Flames Grills & Curry, dine in from 1200, tel +971-4-4526664.
- Il Donaccino doughnuts and coffee or hot chocolate, dine-in ok (open from 0900), tel +971-4-2767110.
- Just Falafel Street Food Cafe takeaways only no dine-in.
- Kailash Parbhat (Parbat) vegetarian supermarket, canteen style self-service for cheap daytime dine in.
- KCal, healthy food, takeaways and deliveries only during the day.
- Red Rose Mart & Cafe takeaways only no dine-in.
- Salt & Pepper Village takeaways only no dine-in.
- Cluster T:
- Friends Avenue Cafe, Fortune Executive Towers, open daily 0800-1800, tel+971-4-5545813.
- Public Cafe, open 0800-1900 daily, dine in.
- SUBites Biryani Restaurant, One Lake Plaza, open 1100-2300 (?) daily, dine-in, tel +971-4-4390535.
- Cluster U: [?] East Asian Kitchen, Al Seef Tower 3, open 1100-2200, tel +971-4-4226929.
- Cluster V: Baldwin Cafe, Gold Crest Views Tower. Open daily 1000-2400 dine in, smoking area, tel +971-4-4477024.
- Cluster Y:
- [?] Fraiche, Swiss Tower, open daily 0800-2200.
- [Presumably for children and mothers only] Kiddies Cafe, Lake Shore Tower, Cluster Y, open 1000-1900, tel +971-4-3608571. Play area for children, has a summer camp available.
- [?] Nofara Cafe, Swiss Tower, Cluster Y, daily 1100-2100, tel +971-4-4322023.
- Eclair La Petite Duchesse open daytime (seriously delicious eclairs).
- Mall of the Emirates (MOE, MOTE) and Kempinski Hotel (2015):
- Upper food court SkiDubai end, dine-in possible behind screens but not all outlets open. McDonalds is. Can also get takeaways from other outlets in MOTE and bring to food court area. Lower food court (other end of mall) closed for dine-in but some outlets open for takeaways.
- Paul's, Barista, Seattle's Best Coffee, Shake Shack, Costa Coffee all open for takeaways - consume in upper food court if you want to stay in mall. Starbucks closed until Iftar. Several other places open for takeaways.
- St Tropez, Salamontini, Karam Beirut (smoking permitted), all open from 1200 for dine-in. Apres closed until 7pm.
- [Check opening time] Aspen, Kempinski Hotel, open from 1200, tel +971-4-3410000.
- Salero Tapas Spanish restaurant and bar, Kempinski Hotel, open from 1100 for dine-in, smoking area.
- Mirdif City Center (Mirdiff City Centre): South Food Court area (near Borders book shop) open for dine-in eating of takeaways from food court and other outlets. Not very many places open daytime though - only Nawab Indian, Panda Chinese, McDonalds, KFC, Costa Coffee. North Food Court (above Carrefour) closed for dine-in but some outlets open for takeaways, take them to the South Food Court area to consume. A few other places open for takeaways - Caffe Nero, Paul's, Ocean Basket seafood restaurant.
- Palm Island Jumeirah:
- Anantara The Palm: The Lotus Lounge afternoon tea 1500-1700 Sat-Thu, AED 145 pp, tel +971-4-5678304.
- Asia Republic, Atlantis Hotel Resort, 1200-2200 Sat-Wed, 1200-2300 Thu-Fri. Tel +971-4-4262626.
- Jumeirah Zabeel Saray Palm Island: Sultans Lounge Afternoon Tea and Jing Tea Pairing 1430-1830 daily, AED 225, tel +971-4-4530444.
- Sheikh Zayed Road between Trade Center and Defence roundabouts: a few places open for takeaways, none or almost none for dine-in (we haven't found any) except in hotels. Or go to DIFC.
- Emirates Towers: E.T. Sushi, and Alta Badia. Both open for lunch from 1200-1500.
- Souk Al Bahar - see Downtown Dubai. Only Baker & Spice open for dine-in. Burger Rebel open for takeaways and possibly deliveries. All other outlets closed until Iftar.
- Souq Madinat Jumeirah (Souk), includes Mina A'Salam, Al Qasr:
- Koubba Bar open 1000-0200 (0300 on Thu-Fri)
- Noodle House: takeaways only
- Pierchic open 1230-1530 for lunch (not Sundays)
- Perry & Blackwelder's Original Smokehouse 1200-0200
- Segreto open 1200-2330.
- Tortuga, daily 1200-2400.
- TECOM area: Costa Coffee opposite Byblos Hotel open 24 hrs for dine-in. Rose and Crown in Byblos Hotel open from 11am, smoking permitted.
- Wafi Center and Pyramids (2015 timings):
- Nothing open in shopping center daytime except MarryBrown in food court for takeaways only.
- Pyramids restaurants: Carter's (smoking area, 1200-0200), Asha's (1200-1500), Thai Chi (1200-1500), Cactus Cantina (from 1200) open for daytime dine-in. Seville's, Vintage, Qbara open from 2000 (8pm). Medzo closed for Ramadan. Spin Dubai and Maset Al Yakout information not provided. FB post from 2014 has different timings.
Check or update
- 25°55° Cafe Bistro, Dubai Marina
- Bidi Bondi, Palm Jumeirah
- Business Central Towers: Little More
- Carluccio's - open in Abu Dhabi, Eastern Mangoves. Dubai branches no information provided.
- Citywalk - all cafes, restaurants closed daytime. Paul's might be open for takeaways.
- [??] Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club: Boardwalk restaurant, daily 1200-0100, tel +971-4-2956000.
- Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa: Loca
- Dusit Thani
- [Children's play area, probably restricted to mums and kids only] Funky Monkeys Playland cafe, open from 0900 to 2000 or 2100, Sheikh Zayed Road, Safestway Supermarket, tel +971-4-3884114.
- [Not open daytime, or no information for 2015] Hard Rock Cafe, Festival City
- La Cantine du Faubourg
- La Petite Maison
- Lime Tree Cafe
- Meydan Hotel: Farriers International Restaurant: breakfast buffet 0630-1100, lunch 1200-1500, tel +971-4-3813111.
- Milk & Honey Gourmet Cafe: Palm Jumeirah branch (Shoreline Building 10) open 24 hrs (?), tel +971-4-4328686. Mercato mall branch unknown, tel +971-4-3433733. Emirates Hills Town Center 1 branch unknown, tel +971-4-4356363. Another new branch not open yet.
- Movenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate
- Movenpick Hotel JBR - The Talk: breakfast 0630-1030 (buffet AED 100), lunch 1230-1500 (buffet AED 130), tel +971-4-4498888.
- More Cafe - Gold and Diamond Park branch closed, Dubai Marina branch closed daytime, DIFC branch open.
- Noodle House
- Paul's Cafe (Paul Bakery and Restaurant) - some or all branches open for takeaways only? Deira City Center open for dine-in 0830-2400 (check, seems unlikely, might be incorrect information), tel +971-4-2958404.
- Pret To Go
- Reform Social & Grill, The Lakes. Open daytime for dine-in. From 0800-0100, tel +971-4-4542638.
- Shakespeare's Cafe (Shakespeare & Co.): Silicon Oasis 7 Towers branch open 0700-0200 (?), tel +971-4-3209072. Other branches (Al Safa closed daytime)? Souk Al Bahar branch closed for renovations.
- Spikes Bar, Emirates Golf Club, open from 0600, tel +971-4-4179800.
- Sophie's Cafe, Riva Complex, Shoreline Apartments (building 8, Al Nabat). Open 0900-2100, tel +971-4-4515982.
- The Dubai Mall: La Porte Des Indes?
- [??] The Pavilion, Downtown Dubai, daily 1000-0100?
Abu Dhabi restaurants, cafes, pubs, bars open daytime during Ramadan, 2015 list
By outlet or hotel name (2015)
- Abu Dhabi Country Club: Mondo Pizzeria, 1200-0200, tel +971-2-6577785.
- Al Ain Palace Hotel: Kuya Juan, 1200-1500 and 1900-0300, tel +971-2-6794777.
- Cafe Arabia, Villa 37, Mohammed Bin Khalifa St, 0830-2330, tel +971-2-6439699.
- Carluccio's (ref FB 17 Jun 2015):
- [?] Carluccio's Eastern Mangroves, open from 0900 or 1000 to 2300 or 2330 daily, tel +971-2-6412231.
- Carluccio's The Galleria branch open from 0900 for takeaways and delivery only.
- Carluccio's Yas Mall branch closed daytime.
- Fairmont Bab Al Bahr: CuiScene, 0630-1030, 1200-1530, tel +971-2-6543238.
- Jones the Grocer [check timings, FB page says 0900-2230]:
- Khalidiya branch: 1130-2300, tel +971-2-6395883.
- Al Mamoura branch: 0900-2300 Sun-Thu, 1000-2300 Fri-Sat, tel +971-2-4438762.
- Al Raha Gardens, Gardens Plaza branch: 1130-2230 daily, tel +971-2-5574882.
- Al Muneera branch: 0900-2300 daily, tel +971-2-6767141.
- La Brioche, tel +971-2-6419811 [check which branches and timings, not all of them open for daytime dine-in, some timings supplied seem to be incorrect].
- Delivery 0800-1500 at following branches: Boutik Mall tel +971-2-6436473, Al Seef +971-2-6414211, Khalidiya +971-2-6813353, Khalifa City +971-2-5567076, Khalifa Street +971-2-6269300.
- Al Ain, Al Khabisi branch, open for delivery 1000-1300 and 1800-2200.
- Daytime dine in: Khalifa City branch tel +971-2-5567076 from 0800-1300 (might be a typo, timings also given as 0800-0100). Khalidiya +971-2-6813353, Khalifa Street +971-2-6269300, Najda Street +971-2-6434822.
- All other branches open from Iftar to normal closing time.
- Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, tel +971-2-6742020:
- Cafe Palmier, 0630-2200 daily.
- Wheat, 0700-1900 daily.
- Living Room Cafe, Khalidiyah, tel +971-2-6396654.
- Marriott Courtyard Hotel, Hamdan St: Fifth Street Cafe, 0600-1300, tel +971-2-6982222.
- Mikado Cafe, Al Hana Tower, Khalidiya, 0800-2300 daily, tel +971-2-6677557.
- Park Rotana: Cooper's Bar & Restaurant, 1200-0200 Sat-Wed, 1200-0300 Thu-Fri, tel +971-2-6573333.
- St. Regis Abu Dhabi, Corniche, tel +971-2-6944553:
- Cabana Bar & Grill, 0900-1900 non-alcoholic drinks only, no food.
- The St. Regis Bar, 1100-2300 daily, smoking area.
- The Terrace on the Corniche, 0630-1030 (or 1100 Fri-Sat) and 1300-1600 Sat-Thu, Friday brunch 1300-1600.
- Azura closed for Ramadan, other outlets open from sunset.
- The Third Place Cafe, Corniche Rd (or behind Corniche Rd), Villa T3, near Hilal Bank and Chevrolet, Khalidiya. Open 0800-2300 daily, tel +971-2-6811877.
- Zuma Abu Dhabi, The Galleria mall, open for lunch 1200-1500 daily, tel +971-2-4015900 (2015).
By area or location (2015)
- Abu Dhabi Country Club: Mondo Pizzeria, 1200-0200, tel +971-2-6577785.
- Abu Dhabi Golf Club: Cafe 28, 0600-2400, tel +971-2-5588990.
- Al Raha Beach:
- Andiamo, Al Zeina, Al Raha Beach, 0800-2200 daily, tel +971-2-5565775.
- Cafe Firenze, Al Zeina, 0700-2400, tel +971-2-5564643.
- Nandos, Al Zeina, 1200-2330, tel +971-2-5558012.
- Nolu's Cafe, Al Bandar, 1100-2300 daily (FB), tel +971-2-5579500.
- Al Raha Gardens:
- Circle Cafe, 0800-2300, tel +971-2-5561550.
- Jones the Grocer, Gardens Plaza branch, 1130-2230 daily, tel +971-2-5574882.
- Al Maryah Island (see also The Galleria):
- Rosewood Hotel, Al Maryah Island: Aqua, 0630-1000 and 1200-1530, tel +971-2-8135552.
- Eastern Mangroves Promenade:
- [Check timings] Carluccio's Eastern Mangroves, open from 0900 or 1000 to 2300, tel +971-2-6412231.
- Flooka, 1200-1500, Iftar-0130, tel +971-2-4418244.
- Masdar City:
- Jim’s Kitchen Table, 0900-2100 daily, tel +971-2-4919401.
- Saadiyat Island:
- Fanr, Manarat Al Saadiyat, 1000-2300, tel +971-2-6575888.
- Hawksbill Restaurant, Saadiyat Beach Golf Club, 0600-2200, tel +971-2-4998107.
- Safina, Saadiyat Beach Club, 1200-1500, tel +971-2-6563500.
- St Regis Saadiyat Island, tel +971-2-4988888: Olea Restaurant open for Breakfast, Lunch, Iftar until 2100, and Dinner from 2100-2300. Turquoiz Bar closed daytime, open 2000-0100. 55&5th The Grill and Sontaya closed until 13 Jul, Manhattan Lounge closed for Ramadan. Pool and beach club lunch from 1200-1830.
- Souq Qaryat Al Beri:
- Noodle House, 1200-2330, tel +971-2-5581699.
- Sowwah Square - see The Galleria
- The Galleria, Al Maryah Island:
- Bentley Bistro & Bar, 1200-0200, tel +971-2-6262131
- Nolu's Downtown Cafe, The Galleria mall, open 1100-1500 (FB) or 1600, and again from 1800, tel +971-2-6441516.
- Zuma Abu Dhabi, 1200-1500 daily for lunch, from 1900 for dinner, tel +971-2-4015900.
- Yas Links Golf Club, Hickory's Sports Bar, 0630-2400, tel +971-2-8107710.
- The Foundry, Southern Sun Abu Dhabi, 1200-1500, tel +971-2-8184888.
Iftar and Suhoor meals and buffets, hotel deals, events during Ramadan 2015 in the UAE
- Date of last update in brackets.
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque - free Iftar meal. Non-Muslims can attend (but dress conservatively)? Tel 800-555 (2011).
- Al Ain Wildlife Park & Resort (Al Ain Zoo) - 2100-0200 (9pm to 2am), last entry tickets sold at 0100 (2010).
To be updated as and when information is supplied.
- Ramadan tents, buffets, etc.
- Competitions, events, exhibitions, special offers.
- To be updated.
Ras Al Khaimah (RAK)
- To be updated.
- To be updated.
Last update Wednesday 09-Oct-2019
- Ramadan in the UAE - general Ramadan information, and for the UAE.
- Sheikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi - tours throughout the year.
- Cafes open day time Ramadan 2015 - reply with names of any restaurants, cafes, coffee shops open during the day in Dubai and UAE.
- Ramadan UAE 2014 - previous information.
- Ramadan UAE 2013 - previous information.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.