List of Dubai mega and not so mega projects
See separate list of Dubai property developments. This is a list of other large, or not so large but inspired or fanciful project developments in Dubai.
- Al Maktoum International Airport
- Al Sufouh Tram
- Apeiron 7 star hotel
- Aquiva Floating Hotel megayacht (to be moored on the Thames River in London)
- Arabian Canal
- Burj Dubai - renamed as the Burj Khalifa when opened on 04 January 2010.
- Business Bay Canal - 2km from Business Bay to Jumeirah Beach across Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Safa Park and Al Wasl Street, estimated cost over AED 1.5 billion. Will include a suspension canal rising above the Dubai Metro.
- Deira market expansion (same as Deira Waterfront?) - 4 km between Dubai Creek and Hamriya Port, estimated cost AED 3 billion for phase I and II. Facilities include 6 hotels, residential and commercial towers, a marina, storage facilities, loading and unloading bays, and parking lot.
- Deira Waterfront - developer Deira Waterfront Development LLC, a subsidiary of the Investment Corporation of Dubai (ICD). Announced 14 April 2011? Phase one a marketplace to replace the existing fish market next to Hamriyah Port, completion scheduled for Q3 2013.
- Downtown Jebel Ali (DJA)
- Dubailand - with many sub-developments which are megaprojects themselves
- Dubai Lighthouse - at The World Dubai
- Dubai Metro
- Dubai Opera House
- Dubai Planetarium
- Dubai Wheel (also called the Great Dubai Wheel)
- Dubai Zoo
- Free zones in Dubai
- Global Village
- Hydropolis Underwater Hotel
- Jebel Ali entertainment area (complex, zone, hub) - announced 26 November 2012. Five different theme parks, development cost AED 10 billion, developer Meraas Holding.
Phase I, Dubai Adventure Studios, expected to be completed by 2014?
- Bollywood Park - Bollywood theme park, with a theater to showcase musical productions.
- Children's theme park - for pre-school and primary school children.
- Dubai Adventure Studios - first announced December 2011, Hollywood branded adventure park.
- Marine and water life park - animals, rides and attractions.
- Night safari park - based on the Arabian desert.
- Madinat Jumeirah - a complex of hotel resorts, bars, nightclubs, restaurants, cafes, with an Arabian souk theme. Near the Burj Al Arab. Expansion announced 17 November 2012, worth AED 2.5 billion, to extend inland towards Mall of the Emirates, will include a luxury five-star hotel, villas, more restaurants and retail stores.
He directed that the project should be completed by the end of 2015..
- Meydan racecourse
- Mohammed Bin Rashid City (MBR City) - announced 24 November 2012, a joint venture between Dubai Holding and Emaar Properties. Will include the largest shopping mall in the world (Mall of the World - to be developed in conjunction with Universal Studios), over 100 hotels, golf courses, arts hub, small business development center. Will also include the previously announced Mohammed Bin Rashid Gardens project. Location is between Sheikh Zayed Road, Emirates Road and Al Khail Road. Art hub, or avenue with art galleries, to be called "Cultural Crossing", will link MBR City with Downtown Dubai and Business Bay.
- Mohammed Bin Rashid Gardens project - announced in 2008.
- Ski Dubai - indoor skifield in Mall of the Emirates.
Last update Wednesday 16-Jan-2013. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
Related websites (new window)