Eye of Dubai
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Eye of Dubai
Eye of Dubai (EOD) might refer to one of the following (all unrelated to each other as far as we know):
- Eye of Dubai investment company (or Dubai Eye investment company)
- Eye of Dubai information website (www.eyeofdubai.com)
- Dubai Eye Ferris Wheel
- Dubai Eye radio station
Dubai Eye Ferris Wheel
- Dubai Eye Ferris Wheel or Observation Wheel (not usually called the Eye of Dubai Ferris Wheel) is a large Ferris wheel planned as part of the Bluewater Island project in Dubai (announced 13 February 2013 - WAM). Also called the Bluewaters project - by Meraas Holding, off the Jumeirah Beach Residence coast (JBR The Walk) in Dubai Marina area.
- Height of Dubai Eye Ferris wheel will be 210 meters. It is expected to be the largest Ferris wheel in the world when completed.
- Las Vegas High Roller, opened on 31 Mar 2014, with a height of 168 m (550 feet) making it the tallest operating Ferris wheel or observation wheel in the world.
- London Eye is 135 meters high (443 ft).
- Singapore Flyer is 165 meters high (541 ft), was the world's tallest when completed in 2008.
- New York Wheel on Staten Island will be 190 or 192 meters high (completion expected in July 2015 ... or maybe delayed until May or July 2016).
- Primary design and construction contractors of the Dubai Eye are Starneth Engineering (Starneth BV) and Hyundai Engineering & Construction.
- Construction start date Q2 2013.
- Project cost AED 1 billion (Meraas has also unveiled plans for the Dh1 billion Dubai Eye ... - WAM 13 Feb 2013). Some reports say the project cost will be US$1.6 billion (AED 6 billion), but that appears to be for the entire Bluewater Island project, not just the Ferris wheel.
- Another Ferris wheel was planned in Dubai - the Dubai Wheel, or Great Dubai Wheel. First announced in June 2005 (and again in October 2006), project cost AED 250 million, forecast completion date in 2008 (then 2009), height 185 meters, location Dubailand Arjan development, reported as abandoned or cancelled in January 2012.
Eye of Dubai website
- Eye of Dubai website domain is at www.eyeofdubai.com. Or was - seems to have gone offline in early 2013 or late 2012? Not available when last checked (July 2013), and no results in Google (last checked July 2013).
- EOD is an information portal for Dubai and UAE tourists, visitors, residents. EOD printed guidebooks also available (or were available).
- CEO is Abdullah Al Harbi.
- EOD website awards included (not clear how websites are judged, or how meaningful the awards are - seems to be a pay for your award kind of set up):
- Golden Award for the Best Website in Travel and Tourism at the Pan Arab Web Awards 2007.
- Best Strategic Travel & Tourism Website award (Pan Arab Web Awards 2007).
- International Standards Web Technology award (Pan Arab Web Awards 2007).
- UAE diamond award for the Best Internet Website for 2009 (Special Academy for Internet Awards in the Arab Region - might be the same as Pan Arab Web Awards).
- Website sponsors include (or included): Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA), Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS), Dubai Municipality, Dubai Chamber (Dubai Chamber of Commerce - DCCI), Emaar Properties, Etisalat, Du Telecom.
- Contact details email email@example.com, tel +971-4-2666545 (unknown if still valid).
Eye of Dubai Investment Company LLC
- Also called Dubai Eye Investment Company?
- Linked to or the same as Eye of Dubai Investments, Five Star Real Estate, and Zabeel Mall (Zabel Mall, Za'beel Mall) - Five Star Real Estate owns 60% of Eye of Dubai, and Eye of Dubai owns Zabeel Mall in Dubai (or Za'abeel Mall) (under construction or abandoned/cancelled?).
- Dubai Eye Investments ownership structure is 60% Five Stars Real Estate Company, 30% Kuwaiti Grand Projects Company, 10% Investors Bank of Bahrain?
- Contact details the same for the different companies: tel +971-4-3455255, fax +971-4-3454886 or +971-4-3457770, email firstname.lastname@example.org, PO Box 120201 Dubai UAE. No website supplied or found.
- Might be the owner or developer of the Royal Dubai Mall (Royal Mall Dubai) (construction announced in Feb 2006), which became the J3 Mall.
Dubai Eye radio station
- Dubai Eye radio station (more information) at 103.8 FM. Mostly talk shows, news, current affairs related to Dubai and the UAE.
Last update Wednesday 02-Apr-2014. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.