List of UAE visas
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
UAE visa table - list of possible residence and visit visas available
Do not rely on this table as the actual rules seem to vary depending on expat or visitor nationality, emirate of arrival, and any other random factors you can think of. Contact the DNRD helpline for official information (for Dubai), preferably two or three times to see if you get the same answer.
|Conference Visit Visa||30 days||Dh100||no||01 Aug 2008|
|Employment Visa||30 days||arranged by employer, not a work permit, entry only|
|Exhibition Visa||see Conference Visa|
|Family visit visa||30/90 days||Dh620*||no*||01 Aug 2008||*possibly yes, Dh1120 for 90 days, min salary|
|Family Visit Visa||60 days||Dh100||not available||min 3-6k salary requirement, Dh2000 deposit|
|Friend Visit Visa||30 days||01 Aug 2008||min 10k salary, Dh1000 deposit, not confirmed|
|Friend Visit Visa||60 days||Dh100||not available||min 3-6k salary requirement, Dh2000 deposit|
|Investor Visa||3 yrs||Dh300||invest Dh70k in partnership with UAE National|
|Maid visa UAE||1 yr||Dh5100||yes|
|Medical Visit Visa||90 days||Dh1000||yes, 1x||01 Aug 2008||renewal Dh500|
|Mission Entry Visa||14 days||Dh220||no||not available||only from hotels or companies|
|Mission Visa||90 days||Dh600||yes, 1x||not available||renewal Dh1200, need Temporary Work Permit first?|
|Mission Visa||90 days||Dh200||no (yes?)||01 Aug 2008||cost 600 dhs? renewable for 500 dhs?|
|Mission Visa business||14 days*||Dh320||no||*possibly 14 days, intended for professionals on short business trip|
|Multi-entry Visa||180 days||Dh1000||not available||30 day max per visit, company application only|
|Multi-entry visa||180 days||Dh2000||yes, ?x||01 Aug 2008||14 day max stay each visit|
|Parent residence visa||1 yr||Dh100||yes||01 Aug 2008||deposit Dh5000, need special FNRD permission|
|Relative Visa||see Family Visa|
|Residents Permit||see Residence Visa|
|Residence Visa||3 yrs||yes||employer or sponsor should arrange|
|Residence Visa property||3 yrs||Dh5000*||yes||*estimated, may vary (no longer valid)|
|Residence visa property||6 mths||Dh2000||yes||01 Jun 2009||Validity period might be 180 days, conditions apply.|
|Residence visa family||1-3 yrs||yes||Dh5000 deposit needed for parents|
|Student Visa (residence)||ask college or university when applying for entry|
|Student Visit Visa||60 days||Dh1000||yes, 2x||01 Aug 2008||UAE university registration, renewal Dh500|
|Tourist Visa||30 days||Dh120||no||not available||only from hotels and tour operators|
|Tourist Visa||30 days||Dh110||yes? 1x||01 Aug 2008||only from hotels and tour operators|
|Transit Visa||96 hours||Dh30||no||not available||might be free - conflicting information seen|
|Transit Visa||96 hours||Dh100||no||01 Aug 2008||need outbound ticket, some reports say 14 days|
|Visit Visa 30 days||30 days||Dh500||no||01 Aug 2008|
|Visit Visa 30/60 days||30 days||free*||yes, 1x||*free visit visa countries, 30 days from Jan 2009, see UAE visa run|
|Visit Visa 60 days||60 days||yes, 2x||not available|
|Visit Visa 90 days||90 days||Dh1000||no||01 Aug 2008|
|Visit Visa GCC*||30 days||Dh100||yes, 1x||01 Aug 2008||renewal Dh500, *GCC nationals / citizens|
|Visit Visa GCC*||30 days||Dh100||yes, 1x||01 Aug 2008||renewal Dh200, *visitors with GCC nationals|
|Visit Visa extension||30 days||Dh500||no||not available|
|Visit visa renewal||30 days||free*||unknown||*only for visit visa on arrival nationalities|
|Work Permit||not a visa, employer arranges after arrival in UAE|
|Work Visa||see Work Permit or Employment Visa|
- This information is correct to the best of our knowledge as of 18 May 2010
- * in "Effective" column means that visa type is expected to be no longer available after 01 August 2008.
- * Residence Visas available via property purchases are in a state of flux with some reports saying they are not available. Whatever the true story is, no developer can "guarantee" a visa, and never could. They could only ever apply on your behalf to the UAE immigration / residency department, which would make the final decision.
- Nationalities eligible for free visit visas on arrival will continue to be able to receive them after 01 August 2008, according to statements reported on 09 June 2008.
- Visitors from countries which get a visit visa on arrival may still have a 60 day visit visa after 01 August 2008, even though passport will be stamped with a 30 day visa. Or it might really be only 30 days. Ask when you arrive how long it's valid for ... and tell others in the visit visa discussion. Or worse, the stamp says 60 days but it's only valid 30 days - see UAE visit visa validity period.
- If "Effective" column is empty, then that visa type will continue to be available as far as we know.
- Most Visit Visas will require a deposit of 1000-2000 dhs to be left with the Naturalisation and Residency Department, refunded after visitor departs the UAE.
- Limitations on renewal for free visit visas supposed to be 2x according to some reports but that information out of date from August 2009. The visit visa on arrival can be extended once for 30 days at the immigration department for a fee (about AED 600 in 2009), or do a Hatta visa run to obtain a new visa (or go to any convenient land border crossing).
- Employers are required to arrange and pay for employee residence visas and work permits (but not their families).
Change in visa rules 29 July 2008
29 July 2008 - New visa rules apply from 07:30 this morning (as opposed to 01 August as previously stated). Conflicting reports in the press, based on conflicting statements from various officials, left everyone confused. If you're from one of the visa on arrival countries, you'll probably have an easier time of it. Bring money for visa fees, patience, and politeness, and assume visa rules will be implemented randomly depending on the mood of the official you're dealing with at the entry point or visa office. Do not assume this table is correct as the actual rules seem to be in flux.
Last update Wednesday 01-Sep-2010
- Dubai visa - discussion topic, add your comments, questions, corrections.
- New rules for Dubai visas - from 29 July 2008 (forum topic).
- Visa Dubai - explanations and details of visa information above.
- Visit visa renewal - different ways to renew a visit visa.
|UAE visas||UAE visa forum | UAE visa | UAE visa list | UAE visit visa | Multi-entry visa UAE | Visa ban UAE | MOL UAE|
|UAE visitors||Mission visa UAE | Renew UAE visa | Relative visit visa UAE | Tourist visa UAE | Transit visa UAE | Visa arrival nationalities | Visa fees UAE|
|UAE residents||Residence visa UAE | Cancel UAE visa | Immigration Dubai | Immigration UAE | Maid visa UAE | Property visa UAE | Sponsor parents UAE | Sponsor spouse UAE | Student visa UAE | Visas UAE nationals|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.