Free Trade Zones Ras Al Khaimah
Ras Al Khaimah RAK free trade zones
RAK Free Trade Zone (RAKFTZ or RAK FTZ)
- Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone split into 4 areas or sections:
- RAKFTZ Al Ghayl Industrial Park
- RAKFTZ Business Park, in Al Nakheel Area of RAK.
- RAKFTZ Industrial Park, site is at Khor Khowair, near Saqr Port, about 15 km north of Ras Al Khaimah city.
- RAKFTZ Technology Park, location south of RAK city on the way to Ras Al Khaimah International Airport.
- RAK FTZ address and contact:
- PO Box 10055, tel +971-7-2041111,
fax +971-7-2280859, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Offices in Dubai (Twin Towers tel +971-4-2088555 & Fairmont Hotel tel +971-4-3124300), Abu Dhabi and India. Over 1000 new companies registered in 2005 and 2006.
- RAKFTZ liason offices in Germany, Turkey, USA.
- [Check] Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone Authority (RAKFTZA), overseas the RAK FZ?
- Set up costs from US$8700 for complete company formation package (about AED 32,000). Allow additional AED 5,000 for UAE residence visa.
- As of September 2006, 2500 companies started, 5 billion dhs invested in infrastructure, 12 billion dhs of investment coming in (but that includes 7 billion from one project announced Sep 2006).
- RAK FTZ was ranked 4th overall out of 115 Middle East Free Zones of the Future in a survey by fDi Magazine and Financial Times Business for 2011-2012. RAK FTZ was also rated 3rd for economic potential across the Middle East, and 5th in the Middle East for cost effectiveness (press release 07 September 2011).
- RAK FTZ is not the same as the RAK Investment Authority Free Zone (RAKIA FZ).
RAK FTZ section last updated 13 Sep 2011.
RAK FTZ Authority (RAK FTZA)
- Chairman of the RAK FTZA - Sheikh Faisal Bin Saqr Al Qassimi.
- CEO/Director General - Mr Oussama El Omari (Ossama, Osama, Oussama Al Omari).
- Facilities include a nursery - KidsZone Nursery (or Kids Zone Nursery).
RAK Free Trade Zone 2010
RAK Free Trade Zone virtual offices
- RAKFTZ and Servcorp are in partnership to offer virtual office space in the Dubai and Abu Dhabi Servcorp business centers - announced in an 02 June 2010 press release.
- Servcorp operates virtual offices around the world including in Asia, Australia, China, Europe, India, Japan, UK, USA.
- It looks like you need to be a RAKFTZ client first before you can establish a business presence in Abu Dhabi or Dubai through Servcorp, in other words, Servcorp does not arrange UAE trading licences or UAE residence visas.
- Servcorp Virtual Office costs in the UAE vary from about AED 500-2000 per month depending on services needed (as of June 2010).
- Emaar RAK was established in 2005 in RAKFTZ to provide property and real estate services for developments in RAK - in particular Al Hamra Village and The Cove.
- Emaar RAK contact: PO Box 10055, Ras Al Khaimah, tel +971-7-2041400, fax +971-7-2041404.
RAK Investment Authority Free Zone (RAKIA FZ)
- Different from the RAK Free Trade Zone
- PO Box 31291, Ras Al Khaimah, tel +971-7-2447253, fax +971-7-2445270, email email@example.com.
RAK FTZ Academy Zone
- RAKFTA Academy Zone is an academic and education free zone, part of RAK FTZ. Related to or the same as the $1bn RAK Education Mega-Park announced in November 2008?
- 7 out of 14 international educational institutes in Ras Al Khaimah have set up in the RAKFTZ Academy Zone.
- Countries where institutes are from include Egypt, France, India, Malaysia, Switzerland, USA with programs offered including short courses to degrees and vocational training in art, administration, computing and IT, languages, management, marketing, music, secretarial training.
- Swiss engineering university - opening 2011 or 2012?
- Vatel Emirates School for Hospitality and Tourism - open 2009
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi - new campus open 2009
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University (BVU) UAE - planned for the free zone or mega park (reported Nov 2008)?
RAK Education Zone (RAKEZ) is not a free trade zone, it is the Ras Al Khaimah government authority for schools and other educational institutes in RAK, operating under the umbrella of the UAE Ministry of Education (MOE).
Ras Al Khaimah Media Free Zone (RAKMFZ) - RAK Media City
- RAK Media City contact details: office phone number +971-7-2432626, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Postal address PO Box 32429, Ras Al Khaima, UAE.
- Established 03 January 2006 as an alternative to Dubai Media City.
- Also known as 'RAK Media Free Zone and Film City'.
- Old information (assumed to be invalid after update supplied) tel +971-7-2447424, +971-7-2447888 (and maybe tel +971-7-2445125), fax +971-7-2447454, email email@example.com.
Other projects in RAKFTZ under consideration or development
- RAK Center for Business Excellence or RAK Training Center for Business Excellence.
- RAK Education Zone.
- RAK Financial Center.
- RAK Industrial and Technology Park.
- Ras Al Khaimah other spellings include: Ras Al Khaima, Ras Al Khayma, Ras Al Khaymah, or Ras Al Kahima.
Last update Monday 02-Feb-2015
- Ras Al Khaimah - general information.
- Ras Al Khaimah FTZ forum topic - add questions, answers, comments.
|UAE FTZ:||Abu Dhabi free zones | Ajman free zones | Dubai free zones | Fujairah free zones | RAK free zones | Sharjah free zones | UAQ free zones | UAE free zone list|
- www.rakftz.com - RAK Free Trade Zone website.
- www.emiratesbc.com - RAK FTZ Business Center website (RAK business centers in the Fairmont Dubai, Twin Towers Dubai, and RAK FTZ). Not available Apr 2014 - is spam.
- www.emaarrak.com - Emaar RAK website. Not available Apr 2014.
- www.rak-ia.com - RAK Investment Authority website.
- www.rakmediacity.com - RAK Media City website (under construction when checked August 2006, still under construction February 2010).