Hamriya and Sharjah free trade zones
There are two free zones (FZ) or free trade zones (FTZ) in Sharjah as follows. Hamriyah is on the coast between the emirates of Ajman and Umm Al Quwain (a bit of Sharjah splits the two). Sharjah Airport Free Zone is off the Sharjah Airport road heading out of Sharjah, before you get to the airport. Port Khalid is the main seaport, in the downtown area of Sharjah, and is not a free zone.
Hamriyah Free Zone (HFZ)
- Hamaria / Hamria / Hamriya Port and Free Zone (FZ) contact details and postal address: PO Box 1377, Sharjah, UAE, tel +971-6-5263333, fax +971-6-5263555,
- Director General Dr Rashid Al Leem.
- Established 12 November 1995.
- Comments about insufficient electricity supplies?
- Infrastructure and port facilities being expanded in 2010?
- DHL announced in July 2010 a new bonded
storage facility in HFZ.
- Hamriya Free Zone Authority (HFZA) is the organisation in charge of HFZ.
Hamriya Free Zone and Port expansion (Gulf News 18 June 2010)
- Hamriyah Free Zone recently completed AED 800 million worth of infrastructure development including phases 3 and 4 of the inner harbour project to accommodate larger vessels, and increase capacity to 40 ships.
- Hamriyah Inner Harbour has an additional 2 basins with depth from 5-9 meters, and an additional 3.8 km of quay wall.
- Free zone marine operations will include facilities for ship maintenance and repairs, oil rig manufacturing, and other maritime industries.
- Road network increased by 80 kilometers.
- 700 new companies joined HFZ from January to June 2010, total number of companies is 4,700.
- Total investment in HFZ is over AED 11 billion.
Sharjah Airport International Free Zone (SAIF)
- PO Box 8000, tel +971-6-5570000, fax +971-6-5571131, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Established September 1995.
- Chairman Sheikh Abdullah Bin Mohammed Al Thani.
Other entry points for goods in Sharjah
- Port Khaled / Port Khalid and Sharjah Container Terminal, not a free zone
- Khorfakkan / Khor Fakkan Port on the East Coast of the UAE (up the road from Fujairah), not a free zone
Related websites (new window)
- www.hamriyahfreezone.ae - Hamriyah Free Zone (HFZ) websites. Also at www.hamriyahfz.com.
- www.saif-zone.com - Sharjah Airport Free Zone (SAIF) website. Domains www.saif.com (SAIF Corporation in Oregan, USA) and www.saif.ae (no website) appear to be unrelated to the Sharjah FZ.
- Dubai directory - add your link free