Dubai Shopping Malls Group
Dubai Shopping Malls Group
Dubai Shopping Malls Group (DSMG) is a Dubai based organisation with shopping malls and centers in Dubai as its members. The DSMG supports the shopping industry in Dubai, organises and supports shopping events, and promotes Dubai to tourists as a shopping destination.
- DSMG was established in 1998 with the support of the Dubai Government Department of Economic Development
- DSMG promotional activities include participation in international and local exhibitions, road shows, retail promotional events for example raffles and shopping festivals, linking with tourism industry organisations, magazine publishing, and marketing campaigns.
- Some figures from a study on retail shopping in Dubai (date and source unknown, maybe 2009?): retail spending in Dubai of about AED 28 billion
- Number of shops in Dubai grew from 1500 in 1995 to over 5000 (in 2009?)
- Total Gross Leasable Area (GLA) in Dubai of 16 million sq feet end of 2009, estimated to be 20 million sq ft by end 2010, and up to 40 million sq ft by 2015 (DSMG website July 2010).
Dubai Shopping Festival Office and the DSMG
- The Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF) is an annual shopping promotion event in Dubai, usually held from end of January to end of February.
- The Dubai Summer Surprises is another DSF event, held in summer from end of July to end of August.
- The Dubai Shopping Festival Office (DSFO) and DSMG work together for the promotion and organisation of the DSF events.
DSMG membership requirements and fees
- Any Dubai Shopping Mall operating with a license from the Department of Economic Development (DED) in Dubai can apply for full DSMG membership.
- Any retail outlet that is in a DSMG member shopping mall can apply for Associate Membership.
- As of early 2010, there are more than 30 members of the DSMG?
|Membership Category||Number of Retail Outlets||Annual Subscription (2010 fees?)|
|Associate Member||AED 5,000|
|Member||Less than 350||AED 10,000|
|Member||Over 350||AED 20,000|
List of DSMG member shopping centers and malls (last update July 2010)
- Abu Hail Centre
- Al Ain Center
- Al Bustan Center
- Al Ghurair City
- Al Khaleej Center
- Al Manal Centre
- Al Mulla Plaza
- Burjuman Centre
- Dubai Festival City
- Dubai Marina Mall
- Dubai Outlet Mall
- Gold and Diamond Park
- Hamarain Center
- Holiday Center
- Ibn Battuta Mall
- Karama Centre
- Lamcy Plaza
- Madinat Jumeirah
- Mall of the Emirates
- Mazaya Centre
- Mercato Mall
- Oasis Centre
- Palm Strip Jumeirah
- Reef Mall
- Souk Al Bahar
- The Boulevard Emirates Towers
- The Dubai Mall
- Times Square
- Town Center Jumeirah
- Wafi City
Dubai Shopping Malls Group board of directors members
- Chairman of DSMG - Mr Majid Al Ghurair, CEO Al Ghurair Group (operates Al Ghurair City shopping mall).
- Mr Tom Miles, Senior General Manager Retail, Dubai Festival City
- Mr David Thurling, Managing Director, Nakheel Shopping Malls LLC
- Mr Fareed Abdelrahman, VP Division Asset Management, Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) Shopping Malls
- Mr Jim Badour, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Emaar Malls (developers of The Dubai Mall and Dubai Marina Mall)
- Nasser Rafi, CEO, Emaar Malls
- Mr Abdullah Ebrahim Bin Hussain, Director Local Affairs and Marketing, Wafi Center
- Ms Laila Suhail, CEO, Dubai Shopping Festival Office (DSFO)
- Eisa Adam - Past President of DSMG, General Manager of the BurJuman Center
DSMG contact details
- Liason office - BUZ Management and Marketing Consultancy, Office 405, Al Arif Business Bay Building, opposite HSBC building, Bur Dubai
- Postal address: PO Box 126093, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Tel +971-4-3539750, fax +9714 3539760, email: email@example.com
Last update Thursday 19-Aug-2010. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- Dubai shopping centers
- Dubai shopping malls
- Middle East Council of Shopping Centres (MECSC) - another shopping industry group, covering the ME region. Website www.mecsc.org, not .com.
- Shopping malls in UAE
- www.dsmg.ae - new Dubai Shopping Malls Group website? Has information about member shopping centers and malls.
- www.dsmgdubai.com - was the Dubai Shopping Malls Group website with details of stuff like GLA, owner, manager, etc. But turned to spam or is unavailable (last checked May 2010).
- [Disabled] Submit URL.