Bus routes in Dubai
List of bus routes in Dubai
- List of bus routes and numbers in Dubai with areas, location guide, and route information.
- See separate page for Dubai Metro feeder buses.
- Contact number for RTA bus services is 800-9090 (toll-free in UAE).
- BS - Bus Station, MS - Metro Station.
- A, B, C, D, E, F, M, X prefixes and suffixes before or after bus route numbers:
- A, B, D refer to alternative routes, not necessarily with the same start and end points. For example 13, 13A, 13B, 13D between Gold Souq and Al Ghusais bus stations have same start end end points (or not, check #13). But 91 between Al Ghubaiba and Jebel Ali BS different from 91A between Gold Souq and Jebel Ali BS.
- C as prefix refers to central city or CBD routes.
- C as suffix refers to an alternative route.
- E as prefix refers to inter-emirate bus routes (not listed on this page).
- [?] E as suffix refers to an alternative route, e.g. 98E between Al Satwa and Al Quoz bus stations (but what happened to #98)?
- F refers to feeder bus to Dubai Metro stations (not listed on this page).
- [?] J refers to minibus or microbus services? Or Jumeirah Village services? Only one (J01) as of end 2015. See Al Freej Bus Service heading.
- [?] M? Example 11M?
- X refers to Express Service, does not stop at all bus stops along route. Not all express services use letter X, for example 91A and 13B are express services.
|J01||Extended 01 Nov 2015 to MOE?|
|J01||(Al Freej Bus) JVC, MOTE MS||Al Barsha, JVC||Jumeirah Village Circle to Mall of the Emirates MS|
|J02||IMPZ, Arabian Ranches, Studio City||Motor City, Sports City||2019 Apr 07||Me'aisem City Centre included.|
|J03||Dubai Studio City, Damac Hills||60 min||20 Oct 2019|
|J04||Dubai Studio City, Remraam||Damac Hills||20 Oct 2019|
|C1||Night bus from Satwa BS to DXB airport?|
|F02||Etisalat MS to Muhaisinah 4||20 Jan 2019||Metro feeder bus, start date not given.|
|X02||Al Ghubaiba BS||Loop to Satwa along Bank St and Mankhool Rd||Map ref 04 Apr 2017.|
|C3||Hor Al Anz||Rerouted 01 Jun 2010|
|4||01 Dec 2013 rerouted at DXB Terminal 1?|
|C4||Al Awir||01 Jun 2010||Lamcy Plaza loop removed 01 Dec 2013, use F18.|
|5||Cancelled 01 Jun 2010|
|5X||Cancelled 01 Jun 2010|
|C5||Al Awir||01 Jun 2010|
|6||Cancelled 01 Jun 2010|
|7||Al Quoz Bus Station||2019 Oct 20: Satwa BS removed from route.|
|C7||Al Qusais||01 Jun 2010|
|C8||Cancelled 01 Jun 2010|
|9D||Cancelled 01 Jun 2010|
|C9||Al Qusais||01 Jun 2010|
|C10||Palm Deira, Jumeirah 2||Deira, Karama, Jafiliya||End point near Mercato Mall from 01 Nov 2015.|
|X10||Cancelled 15 May 2010|
|X10||Gold Souq to Al Quoz BS||Cancelled 01 Nov 2015, use F26 instead.|
|11A||01 Dec 2013 rerouted at DXB Terminal 1?|
|11B||Rashidiya MS, Al Awir Bus Terminus||20 Jan 2019||Fridays only. Start date not given.|
|12X||Cancelled 15 May 2010|
|13B (X)||Gold Souq BS to Al Qusais BS||Naif Rd, Al Rashid Rd, DXB T2||Not bus 138. Express service (Dec 2014 route list).|
|X13||Al Satwa BS to Lulu Village||Dec 2014 route list.|
|14||Cancelled 01 Jun 2010|
|C14||Al Nahda 1||Extended to May Tower 03 Feb 2012|
|15||Ghubaiba BS to Al Khail Gate||Al Quoz Ind Areas 1, 2, 3||01 Dec 2013|
|16||01 Dec 2014 minor route changes.|
|18||Cancelled 01 Jun 2010|
|19||Cancelled 01 Jun 2010|
|C19||01 Dec 2014 minor route changes.|
|F19A||Business Bay MS||Al Amal St. Churchill, Sobha, U-Bora Towers Business Bay.||Map ref 08 Sep 2017.|
|F19B||Business Bay MS||Business Bay, South Ridge, Bay Square.||Map ref 08 Sep 2017.|
|20||Cancelled 01 Jun 2010|
|20 (new)||Al Warsan 3, Al Nahda (Dubai)||30 mins||DXB Terminal 2||2019 Apr 07||Rashidiya MS, International City endpoints?|
|22||Dubai Courts, Healthcare City|
|X22||Al Qusais Industrial Area 2, Business Bay MS||Business Bay, SZR, Al Ittihad Rd, Al Nahda.||2019 Oct 20, rerouted along Happiness Rd. Map ref 04 Sep 2017.|
|23||Cancelled 01 Jun 2010|
|X23||Gold Souq BS International City||Dec 2014 route list.|
|24||Frequency decrease 08 Mar 2016|
|X24||Al Nahda 1, Union MS||Al Ittihad Rd, Salahuddin Rd||Map ref 08 Sep 2017.|
|25||Al Qusais IA2, DXB Terminal 2||Damascus Rd, Al Nahda Rd||Map ref 08 Sep 2017.|
|X25||Karama BS||20-30 min||01 Sep 2015||Loop to Silicon Oasis, Academic City, Outsource Zone.|
|X28||DIC MS, Lulu Village||Along Jumeirah Beach Rd.|
|X28||DIC MS to Lulu Village||01 Dec 2014 end at DIC MS instead of Nakheel.|
|27||Downtown Dubai||Frequency decrease 08 Mar 2016|
|29||Al Ghubaiba BS||Downtown Dubai||Extended to Business Bay 01 Mar 2014.|
|N30||Dragon Mart 2, DXB Terminal 2||Rashidiya MS||01 Sep 2019||Night bus, timings 2200-0500.|
|34||Etisalat MS, Al Brayan Labour Camp||30 mins, Th-Sa||Oud Al Muteena, Al Khawaneej||2019 Jan 20||20 Oct 2019: Change from Fri only to Thu, Fri, Sat.|
|F34||Internet City MS, Production City||IMPZ||2019 Apr 07||Metro feeder route|
|F37||Mall of the Emirates MS, Sports City||2019 Apr 07||Metro feeder route|
|41||Cancelled 01 Jun 2010|
|42||Al Garhoud||01 Dec 2013 end point changed to GGICO MS.|
|43||01 Dec 2013 rerouted at DXB Terminal 1?|
|43||01 Sep 2015 - changed near Umm Al Romool RTA HQ|
|44||Lamcy Plaza loop removed 01 Dec 2013, use F18.|
|50||Dragon Mart, Al Khail Gate 1||Silicon Oasis, Dubai Mall, Business Bay||20 Jan 2019||Start date not given.|
|53||01 Sep 2015 timing extended to 0030 (1230 am).|
|53||01 Dec 2014 minor route changes.|
|C55||Al Awir||01 Jun 2010|
|F55||Ibn Battuta MS, DWC airport||30min||2019 Jan 20 frequency increased from every 60m to 30m.|
|F55A||Satwa BS, DWC airport||Night bus, see also Dubai Metro F55 feeder bus|
|56||Route 56: Danube MS, DWC staff village.||2 hrs, daily||20 Jan 2019||Fridays only ... 2019 Oct 20: Timings changed to daily every 2 hrs.|
|64A||Frequency decrease 08 Mar 2016|
|64A||01 Sep 2015 Samari, Ras Al Khor route changed|
|F70||Burjuman MS, Dubai Museum||Al Fahidi (Bastakiya)||20 Oct 2019||Metro feeder bus route|
|81||Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates||Jumeirah||01 Sep 2015||Along Jumeirah Beach Rd|
|85||DIC MS, Discovery Garden||Route changed to circular 01 Nov 2015.|
|88||01 Dec 2013 end point changed to Deira City Center.|
|88||01 Dec 2014 end at DIC MS instead of Nakheel.|
|91||Gold Souq Station, Jebel Ali Bus Station||2019 Oct 20: Rerouted to include Business Bay MS.|
|91A (X)||Gold Souk BS to Jebel Ali BS||Dec 2014 route list. Express service.|
|X92||Al Ghubaiba BS to DIP||Dec 2014 route list. DIP - Dubai Investments Park.|
|X94||Gold Souq BS to DIP||Dec 2014 route list.|
|95||Gold Souq BS, Omran Camp||Al Jafiliya, Jebel Ali IA||Map ref 2017 Sep 08|
|95A||Jebel Ali MS, Omram Camp Terminus||2019 Oct 20: Timings changed to daily every 2 hrs.|
|98E||Al Quoz Bus Station, Satwa||2019 Oct 20: Satwa BS removed from route.|
|99||Change in JAFZ Sep 2015. To Jebel Ali South Apr 2016.|
|102||Global Village (GV)||01 Nov 2017||From Rashidiya MS, only during GV period.|
|102||Global Village (GV)||31 Oct 2018||From Etihad MS, only during GV period.|
|103||Global Village (GV)||From Union Square, only during GV period.|
|103||Global Village (GV)||via Al Jafiliya MS||31 Oct 2018||From Al Ghubaibah BS, only during GV period.|
|104||Global Village (GV)||via Al Jafiliya MS||<2017||From Al Ghubaibah BS, only during GV period.|
|104||Global Village (GV)||31 Oct 2018||From Rashidiya MS, only during GV period.|
|105||Miracle Garden||Only afternoon, evening4||17 Dec 2015||Express from Mall of the Emirates MS, fare AED5.|
|106||Global Village (GV)||01 Nov 2017||From MOE MS, only during GV period.|
|300||Frequency decreased 08 Mar 2016|
|310||Rashidiya MS, International City||8-20 min||2019 Apr 07|
|313||Al Quoz BS||Al Quoz||Cancelled 01 Nov 2015, use F26 instead.|
|323||Al Quoz BS||Al Quoz||Cancelled 01 Nov 2015, use F26 instead.|
|320||Silicon Oasis, Rashidiya MS||8-20 min||Academic City|
|321||Silicon Oasis High Bay||Silicon Oasis internal route||20 Oct 2019|
|330||Silicon Oasis, International City||Academic City, Outsource Zone|
|333||International City - Warsan 3||03 Feb 2012||Cancelled 01 Dec 2013|
|365||Frequency increased 08 Mar 2016|
|366||Frequency increased 08 Mar 2016|
- not used
- not used
- not used
- Schedule for express bus route 105 (Dec 2015) MOE to Miracle Garden: Operates Sun-Thu from 15:56-20:03, frequency every 20 mins; Fri-Sat from 12:04-22:04, frequency every 15 mins. Trip duration about 20-30 mins. Service is direct, no stops between start and end points.
Al Freej buses in Dubai
- Al Freej or AlFreej is a new bus service concept launched by the RTA in July 2015.
- Smaller than normal buses are used, mini buses with 12-17 seats.
- Fare payment is with NOL cards, same as used for metro and other buses in Dubai.
- First route, J01 or J1 is a 12km route between Mall of the Emirates (MOTE, MOE) and Jumeirah Village Circle (JVC). It does not service Jumeirah Village Triangle (JVT).
- Route has designated bus stops but passengers can request drop off or pick up (wave your hand) anywhere along route, as long as it is safe for bus to stop.
- Route can also be varied at driver's discretion for example to drop off elderly or disabled passengers.
Night bus routes in Dubai
- C1 (or C01) between Dubai Airport (DXB) terminals 1 (arrivals area) and 3 (not terminal 2), and Satwa Bus Station, approx every 30 mins between 0100 and 0500 (frequency reduced in 2012? from every 15 mins), every 10 mins (approx) from 0500-0100. Update Mar 2016: frequency increased to every 15 mins again (from when?)?
- *C2 (or C02) between Dubai Airport terminal 2 (not T1 or T3) and Zabeel Park. Frequency every 15 mins from 0015 and 0500, every 10 mins from 0500-2400. No longer operating, cancelled date unknown?
- *401 between DXB T1 arrivals and Al Sabkha bus station via Union Square, every 30 mins. Cancelled, date unknown?
- *402 between DXB terminal 1 arrivals and Al Ghubaiba bus station via Karama, every 30 mins. Cancelled, date unknown?
- F55A between Satwa Bus Station and Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC). Start date 27 Oct 2013. Route ...
Dubai Airport bus routes
- Dubai airport bus transfers - DXB bus page content moved there.
Air-conditioned bus shelters in Dubai - RTA AC Bus Shelters Project
- 28 Jan 2014 (Emirates 24-7) - Mohammed Al Ali, Director of DubaiBus, RTA was quoted as saying "We will build 1,200 new bus shelters, and this will be done in three phases. Currently, we are looking at the installment of the first 400 bus shelters" referring to an additional 1200 bus shelters to be built in Dubai, covering the entire bus network.
- Or in a different statement from the RTA in the same report "... the RTA is planning to launch the 2nd phase of AC bus shelters project, which will include the development of about 400 locations around Dubai (followed by two more phases of 400 locations each)."
- As of end 2013 about 650 airconditioned bus stops in Dubai.
A/C not working in Dubai bus stops
- Some or many of the airconditioned bus shelters don't have working a/c, resulting in a sauna effect when waiting inside during spring, summer, autumn (fall), and on sunny days during winter.
- One problem is that bus commuters leave the doors open, perhaps thinking that the a/c will cool the outdoors eventually. Obviously it won't but the a/c motors will get stressed and give up eventually.
- Bus stops with non-working a/c seem to be more prevalent in the more popular areas for bus usage, so even if the proportion of less intelligent passengers is the same, that still means a greater number of thoughtless people leaving the doors open. Another theory is that the RTA has less interest in maintaining a/c units in busy areas. The dumb passenger theory certainly has merit, as is obvious to anyone trying to get off a bus or metro during busy times when boarding passengers think it makes sense to push on to the bus or metro train before waiting for departing passengers to exit.
- There is or was also a problem with the electrical connections - the RTA said some bus stops didn't have electricity to power the a/c units, or there was a faulty connection, or something. We wonder if this could also be a reference to faulty neurons and synapses in some of the public transport users in Dubai.
Bus timetable electronic displays at bus stops - Real Time Passenger Information system (RTPI)
- One bonus of the a/c bus shelters is that some or all of them have TV screen displays of buses on their way to you, and estimated waiting time before arrival. The times seem to be reasonably accurate, and are given in Arabic and English.
Bus Stations in Dubai
- Abu Hail Bus Station (Hor Al Anz Bus Station)
- Al Ghubaiba Bus Station (Ghubaibah) - Bur Dubai, near Shindagha Tunnel, next to Carrefour Shindaghah.
- Al Jafiliya Bus Station (Al Jafiliyah).
- Al Karama Bus Station.
- Al Quoz Bus Station (Al Qouz).
- Al Qusais Bus Station (Al Ghusais)
- Al Sabkha Bus Staion, Deira.
- Al Satwa Bus Station.
- Deira City Center Bus Station - not exactly at Deira metro station, is in the
- Gold Souq Bus Station (Gold Souq) - near Deira Fish Market.
- Ibn Battuta Bus Station - Ibn Battuta Mall metro station.
- Jafiliya Bus Station (Jafiliyah) - not really a bus station, is the bus stop outside Jafiliya metro station, land side exit.
- Jebel Ali Bus Station - Gate 8 of Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA).
- Karama Bus Station - see Al Karama Bus Station.
- Rashidiya Bus Station (Rashidiyah).
- Satwa Bus Station - see Al Satwa Bus Station.
- Union Bus Station - behind Union Square and Union metro station.
Bus depots in Dubai
- Al Khawaneej Bus Depot - new in August 2010, constructed over 15 months, construction cost AED 121 million, capacity 284 buses, facilities include parking yard, an air-conditioned maintenance workshop, painting workshop, refueling station, washing bay. Five Dubai Metro feeder bus routes operate between Rashidiya Metro Station and Al Khawanej Bus Depot - F3, F4, F5, F6, F10 (press release 31 August 2010)?
Bus route updates
- New bus routes - news, announcements, updates moved to new page.
Last update Monday 28-Oct-2019. Page development 4L 5C.
- Dubai Metro
- Dubai Metro bus routes
- Dubai RTA
- Dubai taxis
- Public transport in Dubai
- Intercity buses from Dubai
- Sharjah bus routes from Dubai
- www.rta.ae/wps/portal/rta/ae/public-transport/dubaibus?lang=en - link to Dubai Bus section on RTA website (last checked OCt 2019).
- [Content moved to www.rta.ae] www.dubai-buses.com - RTA bus route maps and information website. Sort of ... availability for downloads of individual route maps and schedules is inconsistent.
- [Not an official RTA website] www.dubai-bus.com: listed here because the domain name is similar to the official RTA bus information website. Website says "Dubai-Bus.com is unoficial [sic] website." It seems to be mostly just a copy of the RTA's website. Perhaps useful if the RTA wants a backup, but is blocked in the UAE (both du and Etisalat) so that's not very helpful for the RTA.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.