| Where is Dubai? | Public holidays | Dress code |
New bus routes and service changes in UAE
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
New bus routes and service changes in UAE
New bus routes and service changes in UAE, updates announced for changes to current services or new routes starting in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, and other emirates and cities in the UAE with public transport bus services.
- List of bus routes in Dubai - table with current bus route numbers information, and explanation of prefixes and suffixes.
- BS - Bus Station, MS - Metro Station.
- ×: Table not yet updated. ✓: Table updated.
Intercity bus route updates
× 18 Jul 2019
- Route E102 (intercity): Ibn Battuta MS to Mussafa Shabia BS via Abu Dhabi Airport. Bus stops at:
- Mussafah Shabiya Bus Station, Mussafah Park, Al Najah Private School, Al Ain University of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi International Airport Terminal 1 and Terminal 3, Ibn Battuta Metro Station.
Abu Dhabi bus route updates
19 Sep 2019
- X09: Fridays only, Abu Dhabi main bus station to Mushrif area churches. From 0600-2100 every 30 mins.
- X10: Mohammed Bin Zayed City BS to Al Zahiya City air terminal (Al Zahiyah). Daily service 0600-2200, every 60 mins.
Dubai bus route updates
- RTA announcements of changes to public transport schedules and new routes in Dubai are usually published by WAM and UAE newspapers.
Route updates 2019
✓ 20 Oct 2019, announced 13 Oct 2019 (WAM)
- New routes
- Route 321, loop around DSO from Dubai Silicon Oasis High Bay to Silicon Oasis Lake, via DSO HQ, frequency 30 minutes during peak times. Some stops on route include: DSO HQ, Silicon Oasis Lagoon, The Blue Oasis, Emirates Staff Buildings, Silicon Oasis Indian School, Silicon Park, Silicon Oasis Axiom, Silicon Oasis North Park, Imperial Tower, City Oasis, University View, Axis Residence.
- Route J03 from Dubai Studio City to Damac Hills, frequency every 60 minutes.
- Route J04 from Dubai Studio City to Ramram (Remraam, Remram).
- Metro Link service F70 from Burjuman Metro Station to Dubai Museum via Al Fahidi Heritage Village.
- Route changes
- Route X22 from Al Qusais Industrial Area 2 to Business Bay MS will be re-routed along Happiness Street.
- Route 91 from Gold Souq Station to Jebel Ali Bus Station, rerouted to include Business Bay MS in both directions.
- Route 98E from Al Quoz Bus Station to Satwa will no longer stop at Satwa Bus Station.
- Route 7 will be extended to Al Quoz Bus Station but will also no longer stop at Satwa Bus Station (Al Bida’a Bus Stop?).
- Route 34 will operate on Thursday, Friday, Saturday every 30 minutes.
- Route 95A will operate daily, frequency every 2 hrs.
- Route 56 will operate daily, frequency every 2 hrs.
- Reference: www.wam.ae/en/details/1395302794457, 13 Oct 2019, "RTA launches four new bus routes, improves others from 20th October"
01 Sep 2019, reported 30 Aug 2019 (WAM)
- ✓ New night bus route, N30. Between Dragon Mart 2 at International City, and Dubai International Airport,Terminal 2, via Rashidiya Metro Station. Operating hours 10pm to 5am. Frequency not given.
- × Frequency timings adjusted for 11 other bus routes: 11A, 24, 34, 50, 56, 95, 95A, 96, F53, X25, N55. Details not provided.
- Reference: www.wam.ae/en/details/1395302782934, "RTA launches a new night bus service", 30 Aug 2019.
× 18 Jul 2019
- New routes
- Route F36: Mall of Emirates MS to Arjan via Al Barsha South, Dubai Science Park.
- Route 77: Baniyas MS to Dubai Airport Terminal 3 via Deira City Centre, DXB Terminal 1.
- Route E102: Mussafah, Abu Dhabi to Ibn Battuta Mall, Dubai via AUH T1 and T2. See intercity bus route updates.
- Route changes:
- Route J01: Mall of Emirates MS to Jumeirah Village Circle; Al Barsha South section removed, replaced with new route F36.
- Route F32: Mall of Emirates MS to Dubai Sustainable City; Dubai Science Park section removed, replaced with new route F36.
- Route 50: International City Dragon Mart 2 to Al Khail Gate 1, diversion after International City towards Al Manama St.
- Route F60: Al Rashidiya MS to Downtown Mirdiff Gate, different route inside Mirdiff Community.
- Route 367: Extension to Dubai Silicon Oasis via Al Warqaa, International City and Academic City.
07 Apr 2019, Sunday, new routes and changes, announced 02 Apr 2019 (WAM)
- ✓ [partially but double check, also inter-emirate and metro pages not updated] × 9x new routes. Frequency timings given for during peak hours.
- Route 20: Al Warsan 3 to Al Nahda. Via Airport Terminal 2, Rashidiya Metro Bus Station, International City, frequency up to every 30 mins.
- Route J02: International Media Production Zone (IMPZ) to Arabian Ranches. Via Dubai Studio City. Frequency up to every 30 minutes.
- Route 310: Rashidiya Metro and Bus Station to International City. Frequency max every 8 minutes.
- Route 320: Rashidiya Metro Bus Station to Silicon Oasis and Academic City. Frequency up to every 8 minutes.
- Route F34 (metro feeder): Dubai Internet City Metro Station to Dubai Production City. Via IMPZ. Frequency up to every 20 minutes.
- Route F37 (metro feeder): Mall of the Emirates Metro Station to Dubai Sports City. Frequency every 20 minutes during peak hours.
- :) :) :) At last!!!!! Route E201 (intercity): Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Al Ain Bus Station. Frequency up to every 30 minutes during peak hours.
- Route E315 (intercity): Etisalat Metro Station to Muwaileh Bus Station in Sharjah.
- Route E316 (intercity): Rashidiya Metro Station to the University of Sharjah (Airport Road Interchange).
- × Route changes and cancellations. Frequency timings given for during peak hours.
- Route F30 will stop at Dubai Studio City instead of Arabian Ranches. New route J02 from IMPZ goes via Studio City to Arabian Ranches.
- Route F04 will become a loop with transfers at Al Khaleej Road opposite the Gold Souq Bus Station.
- Route 50 will stop at Business Bay.
- Route F09 will be extended to Dubai Frame from Jafiliya Metro Station.
- [What?] Route 24, a new loop service, will be provided to connect Sahara Centre with the existing route.
- [Cancelled] Route 365, see new services 20, 310, 320.
- [Cancelled] Route 366, see new services 20, 310, 320.
- [Cancelled] Route F29, see new services F34, F37, F30, J02.
- Reference: "RTA will open 9 new bus routes", 02 Apr 2019, www.wam.ae/en/details/1395302752639.
× [partially completed] 20 Jan 2019 announced, start date not given.
- New routes
- [×] E411: Etisalat MS to Ajman, intercity.
- [×] F02: Etisalat MS to Muhaisinah 4. Metro feeder bus route.
- ✓ 50: International City Dragon Mart to Al Khail Gate 1, via Silicon Oasis, Dubai Mall, Business Bay.
- ✓ 11B: Rashidiya MS to Al Awir Bus Terminus, Fridays only.
- ✓ 34: Etisalat MS to Al Brayan Labour Camp Al Khawaneej 2 via Al Qusais BS, Fridays only.
- ✓ 56: Danube Metro Station to DWC Staff Village, Fridays only.
- ✓ Route changes: F55 (Ibn Battuta MS to Al Maktoum International Airport) service interval reduced from 60 to 30 mins (frequency increased from 1 to 2 per hour).
- Reference: "Six new bus routes opened in Dubai", 20 Jan 2019, www.wam.ae/en/details/1395302733793.
Route updates 2018
- × 05 Jan 2018: Free Shuttle Route FS1 will resume between Jumeirah Lake Towers MS landside to Ibn Battuta MS, frequency every 3 mins. Replaces metro track closure between those two stations.
- × Apr 2018: Route DPRI to Dubai Parks and Resorts (Route DPR?).
Route updates 2017
× [partially completed] From 27 Sep 2017 (WAM 23 Sep 2017):
- X02, map ref 04 Sep 2017
F19A, map ref 08 Sep 2017
F19B, map ref 08 Sep 2017
X22, map ref 04 Sep 2017
X24, map ref 04 Sep 2017
25, map ref 08 Sep 2017
95, map ref 08 Sep 2017
× 11 Apr 2017: 11x new RTA bus routes (10 metro feeder routes), 13 changes to other routes, starting 15 April 2017.
- [Check] Business Bay MS multiple routes: F14 (changed), F19 (new, not to Bay Square), F41 (new, to Bay Square)
- "Backyard Business Bay" in RTA press release might be reference to backside of Business Bay (Al Khail Rd side of canal), or The Backyard bar (and restaurant?) in the nearby Steigenberger Hotel. It seems peculiar to us that the RTA would highlight a bus stop with the name of an establishment which serves alcohol, but it also seems to be a remarkable coincidence if it was just a coincidence.
- New bus routes:
- [What?] Route F9: Al Ghubaiba Bus Station (BS) to Business Bay Metro Station (MS) "through Jumeirah Street" (Jumeirah Beach Rd?).
- Route F04: Gold Souq BS to Deira City Centre BS.
- Route F06: Rashidiya MS to Rashidiya Community.
- Route F07: Etisalat MS to Dubai Municipality staff quarters in Al Qusais.
- Route F09: Al Wasl Park to Jafiliya BS via Satwa.
- Route F19: Business Bay MS to Ubora Towers.
- Route F27: Al Nahda MS to Dubai Airport Free Zone and Airport Terminal 2.
- Route F28: Emirates Towers MS to Satwa BS via World Trade Centre MS.
- Route F32: Mall of the Emirates Metro Station (MOE MS) to Arabian Ranches 2 via Dubai Studio City and Sustainable City.
- Route F35: MOE MS to The Greens and Al Barsha Heights (TECOM).
- [What?] Route F41: Business Bay MS loop via South Ridge, "Backyard Business Bay" (?), Ubora Towers. Map shows via Bay Square to bridge over canal and back towards metro station along canal on Al Khail Rd side of Business Bay. Maybe RTA or press release writer is referring to that as "Backyard Business Bay".
- Changes and cancellations
- Route 7: Service will terminate at Satwa BS instead of Al Ghubaiba BS.
- Route 8: Service through King Salman Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud Street but will not serve Knowledge Village and Dubai Media City.
- Route 17: Service rerouted to new Al Wasl Residential Complex behind Public Transport Agency in Muhaisnah 4.
- Route 29: Terminates at Dubai Mall instead of Business Bay MS.
- Route 43: Terminates at Terminal 2 of Dubai International Airport instead of Dubai Festival City.
- [What?] Route A64: Will serve Umm Al Romool (Al Ramool).
- Route 85: Via Ibn Battuta MS in Discovery Gardens towards Dubai Internet City.
- Route 93: Terminates at Mall of the Emirates instead of The Greens.
- Route E98: Rerouted to start from Satwa BS to Al Quoz BS, but not via Al Jafiliya MS.
- [What?] Route C15: Terminates at Deira City Centre BS instead of Al Wasl Park BS.
- Route F08: Terminates at Dubai Festival City instead of Toyota Service at Dubai Festival City.
- [What? See also F41] Route F14: The service will be modified to run in a circular route to serve Business Bay metro station, Ubora Towers, "Backyard Business Bay (?)" and South Ridge.
- Route F55A: Renamed as N55 (since is only a night service), and extended to end at Al Ghubaiba BS.
- Route 7: service frequency increased from every 30 min to every 20 min at peak times.
- Route 365: frequency increased from every 10 min to every 8 min during morning peak times.
- Route 366: frequency increased from every 10 min to every 8 min during evening peak times.
- Route 4: cancelled, covered by new route F4 (F04).
- Route F2: cancelled, covered by new route F6 (F06).
- Reference: "RTA to launch 11 bus routes, improves 13 others", 11 Apr 2017, www.wam.ae/en/details/1395302608058. Also RTA pdf flyer.
Route updates 2016
11 Apr 2016 (reported date, date not given for when changes take effect):
- C04 frequency reduced.
- 27 frequency reduced.
- 99 extended to Jebel Ali South.
06 Mar 2016
- New route F01.
- Route frequency increased on 365, 366, and E303 (Dubai to Sharjah).
- Route frequency decreased on 24, 27, 64A, and 300.
Route updates 2015
✓ 01 Nov 2015, New route F26, modifications to C10, F47, J01 and 85, cancelled routes 313, 323, X10:
- New route F26 (or replacement/modification of old F26 route). Replaces cancelled routes 313 and 323.
- J01: Extended to Mall of the Emirates MS, and covers more of Jumeira Village Circle (Jumeria).
- F29: Two more bus stops in IMPZ added.
- F47: Route diversion in Jebel Ali Industrial Area to driving school.
- C10 from Hamriyah Port (Palm Deira) Ends at Hassa Bint Al Murr Masjid bus stop (near Mercato Mall and Town Centre) instead of Jumeirah Beach Park bus stops. Due to Dubai Canal construction near Beach Park.
- Jumeirah Beach Park 1 and 2 bus stops (near Chili's and Emirates Hospital) closed because of construction for the Dubai Canal Project. Press release said closure is permanent. Which means a long walk to Hilton Beach Club bus stops 1 and 2 towards Bur Dubai, or cross the zone boundary and pay extra to get on or off at Matar Bin Fadil Mosque bus stops in Jebel Ali direction from the Beach Park stops. Bus routes affected are 8, 81, 88, F55A, and X28. Route C10 also affected by Water Canal construction with change in the end point.
✓ 01 Sep 2015:
- New routes:
- X25 express service from Karama, Bur Dubai, Oud Metha to Dubai Silicon Oasis, Academic City, and Dubai Outsource Zone.
- F24 metro feeder bus from Stadium MS along Amman Rd to Al Ghusais (Al Qusais) Industrial Area, past Sahara Mall and the New Medical Centre.
- 81 between Mall of the Emirates and Dubai Mall along Umm Suqeim Rd, Jumeirah Beach Rd and Al Safa Rd.
- Route changes: 43 (Umm Al Ramool near RTA Head Office), 64A (Samari at Ras Al Khor), F29 extended to Centrium Tower at IMPZ, 99 (Jebel Ali Free Zone new road opened).
- Intercity routes E101, E307, and E400 have increased frequency during peak hours.
- Timing changes: Route 53 timing extended to 0030 (12:30 am), F10 timings now include Friday mornings.
Route updates 2014
- ✓ 01 Dec 2014:
- Routes 88 and X28 changed to end at Internet City MS instead of Nakheel MS.
- Minor changes to routes F8, 16, C19, and 53.
- Jul 2014
Route updates 2013
✓ 01 Dec 2013 (start date): New routes 15, F18, F42. Route cancelled 333. Routes shortened or diverted:
- F12: diverted along Mankhool Rd for better connection time to Al Jafiliya MS.
- Bus 15 from Al Ghubaiba bus station to Al Quoz and Al Khail Gate communities through Al Quoz Industrial Areas 1, 2, and 3. Other route points include Al Fahidi MS, Satwa Mosque, Jumeirah Post Office, Al Safa Dubai Municipality Center.
- 4, 43, 11A: Changed at Dubai Airport Terminal 1?
- C4 and 44: Lamcy Plaza loop removed from routes C4 and 44, replaced by new feeder bus F18.
- 42: route now finishes at GGICO Metro Station, previously went to Airport Terminal 1 MS.
- 88: route now finishes at Deira City Center, previously went to Airport Terminal 3 MS.
27 Oct 2013:
- Night bus F55A from Satwa BS to DWC, runs hourly from 2200-0600. Route is Al Satwa Bus Station past Al Qaderi Mosque, Special Needs Centre, Jumeirah Post Office, Hilton Beach Club, Jumeirah Beach Park, Al Ghareefa Council, Jumeirah Mosque (3), Umm Suqeim Park, Wild Wadi, Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah City, Al Sufouh Rd to Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC). See also F55 Dubai Metro Feeder Bus from Ibn Battuta Mall metro station to DWC (daytime route).
Last update Saturday 26-Oct-2019. Page development 4L 5C.
- Dubai Metro bus routes
- Intercity and inter-emirate buses in the UAE
- List of bus routes in Dubai
Related websites (new window)
- www.rta.ae - news and press releases sometimes available on the RTA website, otherwise check WAM and UAE newspapers.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.