Beacon Education and Beacon schools
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Beacon Education Dubai
Note that Beacon Education no longer exists in Dubai, see the Taaleem information page. This page left here for archive reference.
Beacon Education was a school owner and operator based in Dubai. The name no longer exits as it merged with Taaleem Dubai when the two companies were bought by Madaares, and then Madaares became known as Taaleem, which is the current corporate identity umbrella for what was previously Beacon Education, the old Taleem, and Madaares. Some residents might still refer to Taleem schools as Beacon schools.
See the list of Taaleem schools for what were previously known as Beacon schools.
History of Beacon Education
- 2002/2003 - a group of educators in the UAE formed Beacon Education with the intention of providing high quality education services in Dubai and the UAE (and maybe further afield). The focus would be on establishing schools and nurseries with UK, US, and IB curriculums. The group consisted of Helal Almarri, Dr Mohamed Mustapha Khemira, Waleed Al Mokarrab Al Muhairi, and Ziad Azzam. Mr Ziad Azzam appointed CEO (was previously headmaster at the Chouiefat School in Dubai from 1996-2000, and then based at McKinsey & Co Middle East).
- February 2005 - Taaleem and Beacon Education join forces to open four new schools in their portfolio in September 2005 - American Academy for Girls, Dubai British School, The Children's Garden, Uptown Primary. Schools to be financed by Taaleem, and managed by Beacon.
- Beacon Education CEO in 2005 -
- April 2005 - Taleem and Dubailand announce a large new school project to be built in Dubailand. See the Taaleem page for more details.
- September 2006 - Raha International School, an IB school in Abu Dhabi, opens (announced March 2006)
- September 2007 - Beacon Education opens the Green Field Community School, an IB school in The Green Community, Dubai (announced February 2007).
- June 2007 - Madaares acquires Beacon Education and Taaleem.
- September 2007 - Ziad Azzam becomes CEO of Madaares and Chairman of Beacon Education, which still operates as a subsidiary of Madaares.
- May 2008 - Madarees becomes Taaleem and the Beacon Education name disappears.
Beacon Education profile and contact details
|CEO||Ziad Azzam (now Taaleem CEO)|
|Postal Address||PO Box 76691, Dubai, UAE||Now Taaleem|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Might not be valid, use email@example.com|
Some sources have contact details for Beacon Education as tel + 971-4-2887250 and fax 971-4-2887251. They are contacts for AAG Al Mizhar.
Last update Thursday 30-Jun-2011
- Dubai school providers - list of other education providers in Dubai and the UAE
- List of Beacon schools - archived list of what were previously known as Beacon schools (might not include new Taaleem schools after 2008)
- Madarees - archived information about the short life of Madarees
- Taleem - the new Madaares / Beacon Education
- www.beacon.ae - Beacon Education website (no longer available)
- [Disabled] Submit URL.