Thursday 16 July 2020 (UAE)
Dubai British School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Dubai British School
|School name||Dubai British School|
|Type of institute||private profit-making K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||A-level, IGCSE, GCSE|
|Head of school||Mark Ford (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||Beacon Education >> Madaares >> Taaleem|
|Date founded||September 2005|
|Number of students (approx)||1050|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Springs 3, Emirates Hills - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 37828, Dubai, UAE|
|Website||www.dubaibritishschool.ae (new window)|
|School fees structure||41,174-61,761 dhs per year (2014-2015)|
|Teacher salary range||12,000-15,000 dhs per month (2008-2009)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Dubai British School admissions, reviews, notes
Dubai British School reviews - add yours here.
Dubai British School (DBS) tuition fee structure and general information
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2014-2015||41,174||41,174||41,174||41,174||47,059||47,059||47,059||47,059||55,886||55,886||55,886||55,886||55,886||61,761||61,761|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014||38,843||38,843||38,843||38,843||44,395||44,395||44,395||44,395||52,723||52,723||52,723||52,723||52,723||58,265||58,265|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013||36,993||36,993||36,993||36,993||42,281||42,281||42,281||42,281||50,212||50,212||50,212||50,212||50,212||55,490||55,490|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2012||35,400||35,400||35,400||35,400||40,460||40,460||40,460||40,460||48,050||48,050||48,050||48,050||48,050||53,100||53,100|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2009||32,480||32,480||48,720||48,720|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2006-2007||28,000||28,000||42,000||42,000|
- 2014-2015 admission application fee AED 500. Registration fee up to 30% of annual fees for new students, re-registration fee for returning students 10%, non-refundable, deducted from Term 1 fees. Fees include costs for core text books, additional charges apply for some books and course materials, also for external examination fees.
- 2013-2014 (email supplied 07 Aug 2013) - application fee AED 500 (non-refundable). Re-registration fee for returning students is up to 10% of annual fees (non-refundable but deducted from Term 1 fee payment). Some textbooks included in fees.
- 2012-2013 tuition fees AED 36,993-55,490. Application fee AED 500 (non-refundable). Annual re-registration fee AED 500 (non-refundable, credited to fees for Term 1). Tuition fees include some textbooks.
- Fees payable in three unequal instalments (Term 1 is about 20%-40% higher than terms 2 and 3).
- DBS included in list of K-12 schools in Dubai although it is actually FS1 to Year 13.
- Location is between Springs 2 and Springs 3 districts of Emirates Hills community, across the main road from Jumeirah Islands community. Behind the Meadows Spinneys Town Center.
Teaching jobs and careers at Dubai British School (DBS)
- See DBS website (Home > Careers) for general information about teaching at DBS - minimum 2 years experience, UK or UK equivalent degree and teaching qualification (PGCE for example) required.
- See Taleem careers website for details of current vacancies at all Taaleem schools (careers.taaleem.ae).
- Pay range was AED 12k-15k in 2008-2009. Most teachers are recruited from the UK.
- 2011-2016: Mr Mark Ford, moved to Garden International School in Malaysia as principal.
- < 2010: Mr Andrew Homden (Principal). Moved to Jumeirah International Baccalaureate School?
- 2006: Ms Valerie Thomas-Peter (Principal).
- < 2006: Mr John Stow (Headteacher)
UAE Ministry of Education calendar dates 2014-2015
- Announced 24 March 2014 by the MOE.
|Semester 1 - Autumn Term||Semester 2 - Spring Term||Semester 3 - Summer Term|
|First day of term||Sun 31 Aug 2014||Sun 04 Jan 2015||Sun 12 Apr 2015|
|Last day of term||Thu 18 Dec 2014||Thu 26 Mar 2015||Thu 25 Jun 2015|
Dubai British School hoax job scam warning
- There are organisations attempting to con people out of money by advertising scam teaching jobs in Dubai for either non-existent schools, or by misrepresenting real schools such as Dubai British School (DBS). Global Recruiters appears to be one example of a UAE based teacher recruitment agent that raises questions and eyebrows, and lowers your bank balance.
- Do not ever send money to an alleged recruiter for a teaching job in Dubai (or any job in Dubai for that matter) - employers are suppposed to pay visa and recruitment costs, not you.
- The Dubai British School job fraud is for ESL teachers, posted on several internet websites in 2009 and 2010, and uses the email address email@example.com (note that this is not a real DBS email address, and the domain www.dubaibritish-school.com is a fake set up for the scam). Some advertisements and contact emails claim to be from the principal, Andy Homden (Andrew Homden). Mr Homden really is the DBS principal (in 2009 and 2010) but his name appears to be used fraudulently by the bogus advertisements.
- A statement by the real Andy Homden on the real DBS website, dated 25 June 2009, says "We are aware of a current fraud in which teachers of ESL are being targeted, offered contracts and then asked to send large sums of money to process visas and work permits."
- For any job, if you really are tempted to part with your money, at least contact the school directly to confirm they really are advertising the position with the recruiter you have used (and don't use the contact details provided by the recruiter, look them up independently).
- See forum topics for more information and discussion: Dubai British School teaching job and UAE teaching job scams.
31 March 2014
- Taleem is opening two new British curriculum schools near Dubai British School:
- Dubai British Foundation - a pre-school for FS1 and FS2 students in Jumeirah Islands, opening September 2014.
- British curriculum school for Years 1-13 in Jumeirah Park community, opening September 2015. Unnamed so far.
20 April 2012
- Head's name updated to Mark Ford (Principal) (started September 2011, was Head of Secondary School at DBS prior to that).
20 May 2010
- Principal Andrew Homden is moving (or has moved) to the new Jumeirah International Baccalaureate School (another Taleem school)?
18 January 2010 review
- Taleem announced in a press release 18 January 2010 that Dubai British School (DBS) had received accreditation from the Council of International Schools (CIS), a school and university accrediting body in the USA.
25 June 2009 review
- DBS website now available at www.dubaibritishschool.ae (not .com), previously was at Taleem website www.taaleem.ae/home.php?sch_id=1. Note that www.dubaibritishschool.com is not for DBS in Dubai (is spam when last checked).
- There is also a DBS school yearbook on its own website at www.dbsyearbook.com.
23 September 2008 review
- Dubai British School (DBS) principal is Andrew Homden according to DBS website (previously was Ms Valerie Thomas-Peter).
- Tuition fees unchanged from 2007-2008, KHDA information is that DBS requested approval for 40% increase but did not qualify as fees had risen by 16% for 2007-2008.
- DBS domain name www.dubaibritishschool.ae forwards to the Dubai British School section at www.taaleem.ae.
14 September 2007 review
- PO Box 76691 seen elsewhere for DBS is for Beacon Education.
- Class size maximums of 16 in Foundation, and 22 for Year 1 to Year 13 classes.
03 September 2006 review
- Years 11-13 to be added in 2006 (Sixth Form A-level classes are Years 12-13).
- Principal's email address given as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mr John Stow was previous head - school website shows Val Thomas-Peter (Sep 2006).
Last update 12 December 2015
General comments - might not apply to Dubai British School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Dubai
- Best British school in Dubai - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.