Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
|School name||Choueifat Dubai|
|Type of institute||private profit-making K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Choueifat, UK, US|
|Qualifications or Courses||SABIS|
|Head of school||Mr Raymond Niblock|
|Executive body or owner||SABIS organisation|
|Number of students (approx)||3600|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Al Sofouh - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 21935, Dubai, UAE|
|School fees structure||19,800-38,000 dhs per year (2018-2019)|
|Teacher salary range||5000-6000 dhs per month (2007-2008)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Choueifat Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
Choueifat Dubai reviews - add yours here.
International School of Choueifat Dubai (ISCD, ISC-Dubai) tuition fee structure
|Grade or Year group||KG1||KG2||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2018-2019d||19,800||21,200||22,600||22,900||23,300||25,000||25,600||26,700||29,100||30,100||31,800||34,200||37,300||38,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014c||17,900||19,200||20,400||20,700||21,000||22,600||23,200||24,100||26,300||27,200||28,700||30,900||33,700||34,300|
- 2013-2014 fee schedule not confirmed.
- 2011-2012 admission, registration, tuition fees information not supplied.
- 2010-2011 fees are possibly AED 20,000-45,000 per year (not confirmed)?
- 2007-2008 fees are about AED 15,000-29,700 per year? Not confirmed, source unknown.
- 2006-2007 tuition fees are AED 12,000-24,000 per year.
14 April 2012 - new Chouiefat campus at Dubai Investment Park (press release)
- New International School of Chouiefat Dubai Investment Park campus (ISCGC-Dubai) announced, located in The Green Community, DIP.
- Student registration started 12 March 2012 at the ISC-Dubai office in Al Sufouh.
23 August 2007 review
- Dubai Choueifat School (not Chouiefat) or ISC-Dubai is quite well resourced with good sized swimming pool and other facilities.
- School hours 0800-1600 which is a little later than many other schools.
- Tuition fees for 2006-2007 are 12,000-24,000 dhs per year.
- Head's name not confirmed for 2006-2007 (was Ms Agnes Shaw but she left?)
- Choueifat organisation founded in 1886.
- See the Choueifat International School page for general comments on Choueifat schools (not Chouiefat).
General comments about SABIS network and Choueifat Schools are that they are quite intensive and academically rigorous - even elementary school students have regular exams. Teachers are expected to adhere strictly to the SABIS lesson plan structure and school policy is that they do not meet with parents. It's not everyone's cup of tea but students usually end up well prepared academically for further studies. And of course, lesson synchronisation across the Choueifat Schools means an easy transition if students move from one city to another - or even another country.
Teaching jobs at Choueifat Dubai
- Teachers in Dubai Choueifat School live on campus in shared accommodation mostly (married couples will get their own apartment) which is a more restrictive environment than living off-campus.
- Choueifat generally recruits younger newly qualified teachers (a cost-effective policy).
- Courses and levels taught do not always relate to the qualification of the teacher (e.g. secondary qualified teachers end up teaching young primary classes).
- A teaching qualification is not essential for obtaining employment in a Choueifat school (it's not clear how they get around UAE Ministry of Education requirements regarding teaching qualifications).
- A high proportion of teachers are recruited from Ireland (but the overall mix is international).
- Administrative workload is quite intense (marking) but lesson preparation is relatively light.
- Children of Choueifat teachers must attend Choueifat schools.
Schools in or near Al Sofouh close to Choueifat Dubai
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Dubai College||1978||secondary||UK||67,773-76,743||DC reviews|
|Reach Out Dubai||Autism Support Services||ROD reviews|
Last update 06 July 2019
General comments - might not apply to Choueifat Dubai
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- International schools in Dubai
- Best British school in Dubai - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.