Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Uptown School in Dubai
|School name||Uptown School|
|Type of institute||private K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||International|
|Qualifications or Courses||IB, IBPYP, IBMYP|
|Head of school||Tim Waley (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||Taaleem|
|Date founded||September 2012|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||corner Tripoli and Algeria Rd, Mirdif, Mirdiff - location map|
|Postal address||Dubai, UAE|
|Website||www.uptownschool.ae (new window)|
|School fees structure||34,950-59,950 dhs per year (2013-2014)|
|Teacher salary range||7,900 - 15,700 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Uptown School admissions, reviews, notes
Start a new topic in the Dubai school reviews forum with comments about this school.
Uptown School Mirdif Dubai (US, USM, USD) tuition fee structure, reviews, general information
- Uptown Nursery School - PreKG at US complex Mirdif, information on this page.
- Uptown Primary School (UPS) - relocated to new Uptown School complex opened in September 2012. Before this date, the old UPS school was also called Uptown School.
- Uptown High School Dubai - Muhaisnah location closed June 2011. New Uptown campus in Mirdiff starts some secondary school classes from September 2013.
- Uptown International School, Uptown K12 School - same as the new Uptown School site in Mirdiff (this page).
|Annual fees (AED) 2014-2015||49,950||49,950||49,950||49,950||49,950||59,950||59,950||59,950||59,950|
|Annual fees (AED) 2013-2014||50,000||50,000||50,000||60,000||60,000||60,000||60,000||60,000||70,000||70,000||70,000||70,000|
|Annual fees (AED) 2013-2014||34,950||39,950||39,950||49,950||49,950||49,950||49,950||49,950||59,950||59,950||59,950||59,950|
|Annual fees (AED) 2012-2013||34,950||39,950||39,950|
- 2014-2015 fees are discounted for Grades 1-9, not for PreK and KG. Applications accepted up to Grade 10 (Uptown School information) or Grades 10-12 (Taleem information). Grade 10-12 fee amounts not supplied.
- 2013-2014 fees are discounted, fee amounts in italics according to KHDA information, not confirmed, assumed to be before discount. Application registration fee (new students) AED 500, for returning students, amount not supplied.
- 2012-2013 application fee AED 500, admission registration fee not yet supplied. Fees are discounted for 2012-2013 and 2013-2014. Fee amounts before discount not supplied.
- Curriculum offered will be International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program (PYP), Middle Years Program (MYP), and Diploma Program (DP).
- Special Needs students - Uptown School FAQs (22 Apr 2012) says "Will you cater for exceptional children? Yes, we will provide for these students and for those requiring additional learning support." Check with school what that means.
- Location and contact details:
- Uptown School new campus building at corner of Algeria St (D56) and Tripoli St (D83) in Mirdif (Mirdiff). Not the Uptown High School location in Al Muhaisnah 4 seen in some sources (is incorrect).
- Tel +971-4-251 5001 (general enquiries), +971-4-285 4975 (admissions). Mobile tel +971-50-188 3945 (unclear what for though). Admissions email email@example.com.
- Postal address not supplied, unknown if the same as the old Uptown Primary School address (PO Box 78181 Dubai).
- See Uptown Primary School (UPS) information about the old location of UPS behind Uptown Mirdif on 15th Street, and old Uptown School information when it was a primary school. This page used for information about the new Uptown School.
16 November 2013 review
- New Uptown School complex includes primary school from September 2013 (was at site behind Uptown Mirdiff). Unclear whether Uptown secondary school section will expand to Grade 10 or Grade 12 for September 2014.
- Uptown School information says "In September 2014, Uptown School will offer Pre-K to Grade 10"
- Taaleem information says for Uptown School "Grade 10 to 12 will open from September 2014 onwards"
- KHDA information: Tel +971-4-2515001, fax +971-4-2515010.
- Uptown School new complex development news and information:
- Total area of new campus is 6 hectares. Location at corner of Algeria and Tripoli Streets in Uptown Mirdif.
- Phase I Early Years section completed September 2012.
- Phase II (?) new Primary and Middle School opened September 2013.
- Phase III (?) Secondary School building and Gym under construction in 2013, opening September 2014?
- New campus facilities when completed will include: two libraries, wireless internet network, ITC integrated classrooms, two swimming pools (one 25m pool), sport fields and gym, art and music studios and practice rooms.
- IB accreditation:
- Uptown School has IB World School accreditation for the IB Primary Years Program (IB PYP).
- Candidate status for the IB Middle Years Program (IB MYP).
- IB Diploma Program to be offered for Years 11 and 12, starting September 2014 or 2015? Conflicting information supplied. Accreditation will be or is being applied for.
- Head of Uptown School Primary Section is Jaime Roth, started in 2012 as head of Uptown Primary School in its previous location. Previously he was Elementary School Principal at the American International School of Abu Dhabi.
- Uptown School Principal is Tim Whaley.
22 April 2012 review
- Uptown School is a new K-12 IB school opening in September 2012, starting with Pre-K (Uptown Nursery School) to KG2, then Grade 1 to 8 starting in September 2013, and higher grades from September 2014.
- Campus visits to see construction progress can be made by interested parents on the last Thursday of each month from March until June (29 Mar 2012, 26 Apr 2012, 31 May 2012, 21 Jun 2012) from 0800-0900. Telephone +971-4-2886270 to book a place. Bring shoes suitable for a construction site (not flip flops or high heels). Don't bring children.
- Built up area of new campus is about 300,000 square feet, plot size is about 672,000 sq ft (about 6 hectares).
- Facilities include 2 sports halls, sports field with 400 meter running track, 2 soccer/football fields, 2 swimming pools, indoor and outdoor playgrounds for KG students, libraries, 2 auditoriums. Also specialised teaching rooms, laboratories, and studios for Art, Design and Technology, Drama, ICT, Music, etc.
- Previously Uptown School was the name often used for the Uptown Primary School (the official name seemed to change occasionally) which is still operating in Mirdiff, located behind the Uptown Mirdif shopping center. Another Taaleem school, the Uptown High School in Muhaisnah, closed in June 2011.
- Principal Tim Waley is also the principal at Uptown Primary School. Previously he was the head of Raffles School Dubai West Campus.
Schools in the same area as Uptown School
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Al Mawakeb School Khawaneej||September 2018||K-12||Arabic, US||33,450-64,350|
Last update 17 November 2013
General comments - might not apply to Uptown School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- International schools in Dubai
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.