Sharjah hotels, resorts, and serviced apartments
Sharjah hotel and tourist numbers¹
- Sharjah has 41 hotels and 68 hotel apartments (total of 109 hotels)
- Total of 4275 hotel rooms and 4248 hotel apartment rooms (total 8523 rooms)
- Number of tourists visiting Sharjah: 600,000 in 2001, 900,000 in 2007, 1.5 million in 2008
- Hotel occupancy rates in Sharjah: 86% in 2008
- Mid-2009 figures from Sharjah Commerce & Tourism Development Authority (SCTDA) released 12 October 2009. Numbers include hotels in Khorfakkan and Kalba in the Eastern Region of Sharjah.
Sharjah hotel ratings and classifications
A Sharjah hotel classification law was brought in at the start of 2008 (Sharjah Executive Council Law No. 16 of 2007).
Alcohol in Sharjah hotels
Note that hotels in Sharjah do not serve alcohol (no bars or in-room minibars) as Sharjah is a dry emirate (mostly - Sharjah Airport and Sharjah Wanderers Club are the exceptions).
List of Sharjah hotels and resorts (only a selection)
- Centro Hotel (an Air Arabia hotel) - 3 stars, 300 standard rooms and suites, at Sharjah Airport, managed by Rotana Hotels, open April 2010. Facilities include wireless internet in rooms, business centre, gym, swimming pool, meeting rooms, dining area.
- Centro Sharjah near Sharjah International Airport - opening announced 26 June 2011 (press release). Not clear if it's the same one that opened in April 2010 (opening again) or a different one. General manager is David Jamieson, facilities include 306 rooms, meeting rooms, gymnasium, swimming pool, crew lounge, restaurants ("C.Taste" and "C.Deli").
- Citymax Sharjah - Abu Shagara, corner King Faisal and Al Wahda Streets, 260 rooms, 24 hr restaurant and coffee shop. Scheduled opening date November 2009
- Oceanic Hotel in Khorfakkan - on the east coast of the UAE. Tel +971-9-2385111, www.oceanichotel.com.
- Swiss-Belhotel Resort Sharjah (open 2011) - 4 star, near Sharjah-Ajman border, beachfront hotel. Facilities include 350 rooms and suites, some villa accommodation, Asian and seafood restaurants, coffee shops and bars (presumably non-alcoholic since Sharjah is a dry emirate), ballroom and function rooms, swimming pool, squash courts, tennis courts, gym, shopping, cinema.
- Samaya Hotel Sharjah - open by June 2008?
List of hotel apartments and serviced apartments in Sharjah
Last update Thursday 14-Jul-2011
- Car rental in Sharjah
- Flights to Sharjah
- Visas for Sharjah
- Abu Dhabi hotels | Budget hotels in Dubai | Dubai Hotels | Fujairah Hotels | Ras Al Khaimah Hotels
- [Disabled] Submit URL.