Dubai Metro Yellow Line
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Dubai Metro Yellow Line
The Dubai Metro Yellow Line (or Gold Line?) is a possible route through the Bawadi development in Dubailand, following Al Qudra Road (which connects with Umm Suqeim Road running past Mall of the Emirates and down to the Burj Al Arab). The Yellow Line was first seen mentioned in a MEED report dated 30 June 2006, and then again in April 2008 (unknown source) as being developed and operated by Alstom and Serco (Serco hold the operating contract for the Red Line of the Dubai Metro from 2009-2010). As the Dubailand project seems to be slow, suspended (but we wouldn't like to say abandoned), further progress on the development of the Yellow Line seems unlikely at present.
Other comments indicate that the Yellow Line might have referred to the Jumeirah Palm metro which commenced operations in May 2009 and is eventually expecting to connect to the Dubai Metro Red Line at the TECOM station. However, it is not currently referred to as the Yellow Line.
Another possibility is that the Yellow Line could become the AlSufouh Tram project which is under construction through 2009 and 2010. But we don't have any evidence for that, it was just a thought on our part, prompted by the information about the possible Magenta Line on the Palm Deira being a tram project.
Yellow Line information and background
- Distance of the Yellow Line will be
- Trip time
- Proposed route of the Yellow Line is
- Total number of Yellow Line stations is
- Average speed of Yellow Line trains
- Each train expected to have
- Carriage dimensions
- Estimated cost of the Yellow Line
Dubai Metro Yellow Line stations
|Station name||Theme||Open date||Area||Level||Comments|
Dubai Metro Yellow Line construction schedule and timeline
- < August 2008 - feasibility study and outline design prepared by "Out and About in Palm Deira" consultants.
- 31 August 2008 - MEED reports that the RTA was preparing to accept consultancy tenders for the design stage of the Orange, Black, and Magenta lines of the Dubai Metro.
Dubai Metro Yellow Line operating information
Dubai Metro Yellow Line Park n Ride facilities
Last update Wednesday 25-Dec-2013
- Dubai Metro - main information page
- Dubai Metro - forum topic, ask questions and/or add your comments about the new metro
|Dubai Metro project||Dubai Metro information | Nol Cards | Dubai Metro feeder buses | Dubai Metro website|
|Dubai Metro lines||Dubai Metro Red Line | Dubai Metro Green Line | Dubai Metro Blue Line | Dubai Metro Purple Line|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.