Ramadan / Ramadhan 2008 in Dubai and the UAE
See the main Ramadan page for current information about Ramadhan in Dubai
1429 AH (2008) Ramadan from 01 September 2008 to 30 September 2008
- Maghrib / Iftar times in Dubai from 18:39 on 01 Sep 2008 to 18:09 on 30 Sep 2008, 4 min later in Abu Dhabi, 6 min earlier in Fujairah
Ramadan 2008 in the UAE
- See one of these Dubai websites - they will usually have information on the more interesting activities and better Iftar tents to go to. See also the Ramadan Dubai 2007 notes.
- Tours of the Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi at 10am on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays.
- Shopping centers in Dubai with cafes or restaurants open during the day:
- Ibn Battuta Mall - Charlie's Subs - takeaways only (tel +971-4-3685454).
- Dubai Festival City - Casper & Gambini (downstairs, entrance from Canal Walk), possibly also some top floor food court restaurants for takeaways only (not confirmed).
- Mall of the Emirates - Karam / Karim Beirut Restaurant (tel +971-4-3412202), Salomontini (looks over Ski Dubai, tel +971-4-3475844), St Maxim's (tel +971-4-3413415), maybe Burger King in the food court for takeaways and/or children.
- Abu Dhabi Marina Mall - none
- Al Raha Shopping Mall - none
Restaurants and cafes that might be open daytime during Ramadan 2008 (unconfirmed)
- Fast food restuarants with drive-through sections eg MacDonald's in Dubai, KFC, Burger King etc
- Some fast food restaurants for walk-in takeaways
- Large 4 and 5 star hotels might have an outlet open, and will usually have room service.
- Limetree / Lime Tree cafe (tel +971-4-3498498) on Jumeirah Beach Road
- Dubai Media City food court outlets, also perhaps an outdoor smoking tent.
Eid Al Fitr 2008
Eid Al Fitr in 2008 start date is 30 September 2008. The UAE private sector will have a 2 day holiday, the public sector will have a 6 day holiday from 29 September to 04 October 2008 (announced 22 Sep 2008) - ministries and federal agencies will be closed, and reopen on 05 October 2008.
Related websites (new window)