Ramadan 2007 in Dubai and the UAE
This page contents archived from main Ramandan information page for Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and other UAE emirates
1428 AH (2007) Ramadan from 12 September
2007 to 11 October 2007
Ramadan 2007 Iftar tents and marquees - some suggestions
Mosques in Dubai will have charity Iftar tents with water, dates, salads, rice, meat, and yogurt for the many laborers and workers in Dubai breaking their daily fast, some set up by the UAE Red Crescent Society. At the other end of the scale, residents can spend several hundred dhs on a lavish buffet spread at one of the many hotels in Dubai. For something less extravagent, head to one of the many Arabic restaurants in Dubai.
- Diwan Al-Khayal at Jumeirah Beach Hotel (JBH) - live band with Damascene music.
- Emaar Properties Ramdan Iftar Tent on Burj Dubai Boulevard, close to Old Town Island in Downtown Burj Dubai (and get a view of the tallest building in the world). Set menus cost between Dh 120 and Dh 165 per person, live music includes Oud player. Open 2100-0300 daily. Impressive, some say a bit snobby, but then that's Downtown Burj Dubai for you.
- Emirates Bank (EBI) - their new branch on Jumeirah Beach Road (opposite the Jumeirah Beach Hotel) has a Ramadan Fair and Zyara Tent from 8pm to midnight, and EBI customers get a 50% discount.
Activities in Dubai during Ramadan 2007
- Deira City Centre is hosting a Fruit of the Date Palm exhibition, in association with the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding (SMCCU), which shows the life and culture of Emiratis (UAE Nationals) focusing on the date palm. Open from 1000-0100 daily (perhaps not on Friday mornings though).
- The Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding (SMCCU) is offering tours of the Dubai Grand Mosque (non-Muslims can take part - dress appropriately) and Bastakia in the evenings, along with an Iftar meal. Book at the Ramadan Majlis in Ibn Battuta Mall (nowhere near Bastakiya), or tel mobile +971-50-5858463 or +971-50-5858439. Tours only during Ramadan on Sat, Mon, Thu.
- Ramadaniat Al Qasba 2007, at Qanat Al Qasba, Sharjah, 2030-0000 (midnight).
- Cultural Majlis, Ibn Battuta Mall, China section, 2000-2300.
Restaurants and cafes open during the day in Ramadan 2007
- Saint Maxim, St Maxim's (tel +971-4-3413415) cafe/restaurant in Mall of the Emirates is open for breakfast, lunch and coffee. On the first floor.
- Limetree, Lime Tree cafe open from 0730-1800 (tel +971-4- 3498498) on Jumeirah Beach Road, but their Ibn Battuta Mall branch is closed for the month of Ramadan.
- Many drive-through fast food restaurants eg Macdonald's, KFC, Burger King are open (for drive-thru), and some of the non-drive-thru ones are open for takeaways.
- The larger hotels will usually have a restaurant or cafe open during the day, and also room service.
- Dubai Media City food court outlets are open during the day during Ramadan. They also have an enclosed smoking tent outside.
Last update Monday 30-Jun-2014