Public PO Box in UAE
Public PO Box in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, UAE
Public PO Box services in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah and other cities and emirates in the UAE. If you don't have your own personal PO Box or access to your employer's PO Box, or are visiting the UAE, you can have mail delivered to a UAE post office address where it will be held for collection.
How to use a public Post Office Box address in the UAE
This information is for Public PO Boxes, i.e. an address anyone can use for mail delivery to or in the UAE. Online shopping orders from Amazon, AliExpress, etc can use these addresses to ship items to you. Information does not apply to Private, Personal, Individual, or Company PO Boxes.
New list of PO Box addresses EPG Aug 2016 (different from lists published in 2007 and 2003, but some reports included the old 2003 list when republishing the EPG press release).
- Visitors and tourists to the UAE can also use this service, as well as Emirati and expat residents.
|Emirate or City||Address||Collection location|
|Abu Dhabi||PO Box 3838 or 111188||Madinat Zayed CPO|
|Ajman||PO Box 6263||Al Bustan CPO|
|Al Ain||PO Box 88888||Central PO|
|Dubai, Bur Dubai||PO Box 111311||Karama CPO|
|Dubai, Deira||PO Box 88878||Deira Main PO, Hor Al Anz East|
|Fujairah||PO Box 3999||Central PO|
|Ras Al Khaimah||PO Box 30999||Central PO|
|Sharjah||PO Box 32223||Central PO|
|Umm Al Quwain||PO Box 660||Al Ras CPO|
Address format to use (if collecting from Karama CPO in Dubai for example):
- Your name (make sure it is the same as the ID you will use for collection)
PO Box 111311
United Arab Emirates
- A Zip Code or Postal Code is not used in the UAE. If forced to use a post code, use 00000 or AUH/DXB/RAK/SHJ/etc or your mobile number.
- Your name (make sure it is the same as the ID you will use for collection)
- Ask the sender to include your UAE mobile phone number on the address label (starting with +971). If this is done you'll get an SMS notifying you when the item has been delivered.
- If ordering online from a company that requires a post code or zip code and you don't have the option to leave that field blank, try using 00000, or your mobile number. UAE postal delivery does not use postal codes (note that "postal code" is not the same as "PO Box number").
- Bring original passport or Emirates ID. EPG information provided does not specify that ID is required for collection but expect to need some sort of government issued ID. A photocopy might or might not be accepted, don't count on it.
- Collection fee is AED 15 (Mar 2019). Previous information (2003 in KT, 2016 in GN) was fee range of AED 0.50 to AED 3.00 per item, AED 5 (Oct 2017 EPG information), AED 10 (2018? information).
- Collection process might involve several different counters, just start at the information desk if there is one, or any counter if there isn't.
- Assume an item will be held 1-3 weeks for collection before being returned to sender or disposed of.
- Lost, misdirected, or uncollected items might be returned to sender, might go to the central post office in that emirate, might go to Karama Central Post Office in Dubai, might sit in a pile behind the sofa, or might be sent to The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
Public PO Boxes in the UAE (central). Almost all post offices in the UAE have a public PO Box address, see EPG website for up to date addresses and locations. Exceptions (not all checked): EPG HQ, Das Island.
- Abu Dhabi Central Post Office, Madinat Zayed, PO Box 3838-111188, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Ajman Central Post Office, PO Box 6263, Al Bustan, Ajman, UAE.
- Al Ain Central Post Office, PO Box 88888, Al Ain, UAE.
- Dubai Central Post Office Karama, PO Box 111311, Dubai, UAE. Same PO Box is given as public address for Al Khor Post Office in Deira (not the same as Deira Main Post Office in Hor Al Anz East area).
- Fujairah Central Post Office, PO Box 3999, Fujairah, UAE.
- Ras Al Khaimah Central Post Office (RAK), PO Box 30999, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE.
- Sharjah Central Post Office, PO Box 32223, Sharjah, UAE.
- Umm Al Quwain Central Post Office (UAQ), Al Ras, PO Box 660, Umm Al Quwain, UAE.
- Note that PO Box 99999 is for the EPG Head Office in Garhoud (Deira), and is not a public PO Box service. If mail not for EPG is addressed to that PO Box, it might end up at EPG HQ, or Karama Central Post Office, or some other random unknown location.
News reports and press releases
- 2017 May 17 press release from EPG said "Each post office in the UAE has a unique Public P.O. Box number ... People can give this P.O. Box number, along with their mobile number, to senders of mail and parcels, including e-commerce companies."
- 2016 Aug 10 press release from EPG said "Emirates Post's Public Post Box service, which is offered to residents as well as visitors, allows people to have an address for receiving mail through dedicated post boxes at all post offices across the UAE." Note that some sources included an incorrect list of PO Box addresses (dating from 2003) when they republished the press release.
Current and historical list of public PO box numbers (confirm accuracy direct with EPG)
|Emirate or City||2003 list||2007 list||2016 list||2019 check|
|Abu Dhabi CPO||111188||3838||3838-111188||3838 or 111188|
|Ajman CPO||666688||6263||6263||PO Box 6263|
|Al Ain CPO||222288||88888||88888||PO Box 88888|
|Dubai, Bur Dubai, Karama CPO||333388||111311||111311||PO Box 111311|
|Dubai, Deira Main||444488||88878||88878||PO Box 88878|
|Fujairah CPO||888888||3999||3999||PO Box 3999|
|Ras Al Khaimah CPO||999988||30999||30999||PO Box 30999|
|Sharjah CPO||555588||32223||32223||PO Box 32223|
|Umm Al Quwain CPO||777788||660||660||PO Box 660|
|Collection fee per item||AED 0.50-3||AED 5-10||AED 15|
Archive list of Public PO Box numbers (full list at URL www.emiratespost.ae/content/english/publicbox.jsp) Jan 2007, service fees 50 Fils to AED. 3.00 per piece.
- Abu Dhabi Central, PO Box 38384
- Ajman Central, PO Box 6263
- Al Ain Central, PO Box 88888
- Dubai Central (Bur Dubai, Karama), PO Box 111311
- Dubai, Deira, PO Box 88878
- Fujeirah Central, PO Box 3999
- Ras Al Khaimah Central, PO Box 30999
- Sharjah Central, PO Box 32223
- Umm Al Qaiwain Central, PO Box 660
Public PO Box service launched in Feb 2003 (check date) at 9 post offices (central post office in each emirate, additionally Deira in Dubai and Al Ain in Abu Dhabi) (repeated in news reports Aug 2016 but conflicted with EPG information). Later expanded to other post offices. Original Public PO Box numbers were (assume invalid unless confirmed with current EPG information):
- Abu Dhabi Central, P.O. Box 111188
- Ajman Central, P.O. Box 666688
- Al Ain Central, P.O. Box 222288
- Dubai Central Karama, P.O. Box 333388
- Dubai, Deira Main, P.O. Box 444488
- Fujairah Central, P.O. Box 888888
- Ras Al Khaimah Central, PO Box 999988
- Sharjah Central, P.O. Box 555588
- Umm Al Quwain Central, P.O. Box 777788
- Parent category: Emirates Post Group.
- Child pages:
- Related pages:
- Private PO Boxes in UAE. Mail delivery in UAE.
- Post Offices in Abu Dhabi, Post Offices in Dubai, Post Offices in Sharjah, Post Offices in UAE, etc.
- www.epg.gov.ae/portal/_en/locations.xhtml - UAE Post Office locations, timings, Public PO Box numbers.
- www.epg.gov.ae/portal/_en/service.xhtml?service=service136 - EPG Public PO Box service details.
EPG Public PO Box service news
- 2017 May 17 (EPG press release): "Emirates Post upgrades Public P.O. Box service to handle e-commerce deliveries at all post offices", www.epg.gov.ae/portal/_en/newsdetail.xhtml?news=news951
- 2016 Aug 10 (EPG press release): "EPG's Public P.O. Box service allows people to have UAE mailing address without owning a P.O. Box", www.epg.gov.ae/portal/_en/newsdetail.xhtml?news=news710
Last update Monday 25-Mar-2019.
|UAE postal services:||Emirates Post Group | Postal and zip codes | Private PO Boxes | Public PO Boxes|
|UAE post offices||Abu Dhabi post offices | Ajman post offices | Al Ain post offices | Dubai post offices | Fujairah post offices | RAK post offices | Sharjah post offices | UAQ post offices|