The Galleries, Jebel Ali
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
The Galleries, Jebel Ali, Dubai
The Galleries Jebel Ali, is a mixed use commercial, residential, and retail development in the Downtown Jebel Ali mega-project being developed by Limitless. Apart from the 4 office blocks, there's not much there. Construction on the large apartment towers behind The Galleries appears to have been abandoned (in 2010?), giving the general area a bit of a derelict ghost town feel. Although in November 2013, Limitless was reported as saying they would restart the project with completion expected in 2015. As of 2014, not much seems to be happening.
- The Galleries is the flagship project of Limitless, located in Zone 1 of Downtown Jebel Ali, off Interchange 8 (serves Downtown Jebel Ali and JAFZA) on Sheikh Zayed Rd near Jebel Ali station on the Dubai Metro (Red Line). Original marketing said The Galleries would have its own metro station - perhaps referring to Jebel Ali station, which looks close enough to walk to, but by the time you do in mid-summer sun your sweaty body will wish you hadn't. And good luck finding the covered walkway reported in the press which say you can reach The Galleries "via the Jebel Ali Metro Station, linked to the complex by a shaded walkway." We haven't found it.
- Ground area includes 20,000 square metres of landscaped grounds with pools, fountains, shaded gardens, and a 300-seat amphitheatre.
- The Galleries has 4 A-grade office towers, each with its own shaded podium garden ... vaguely. The reality is a few shrubs, benches, and umbrellas outside the cafes and restaurants.
- The Limitless slogan for Downtown Jebel Ali is "Big city buzz, small town charm". It probably needs an update.
The Galleries Shopping Mall and services
- Restaurants, cafes and shops opening from July 2010 and later.
- Food and drink outlets include 1762 Deli and Cafe, Appetite (closed?), Caribou Coffee (closed?), Mushmaool Arabic food and cafe (open Aug 2010, closed?), Nordsee (closed, or didn't open?), Oregano, Subway, The Lounge cafe.
- Other stores, services, and commercial tenants include Blom Bank France, Capitalstone, Citibank, Diamond Lease, Ericsson, Fresh Plus convenience store (Aug 2010), Kraft Foods, L'Oreal, Permasteelisa Gartner, SPX Corporation, Standard Chartered Bank.
- Littlewoods Nursery branch - opening date September 2014 or later.
The Galleries Flea Market
- Date: Saturday 12 March 2011, unknown if there a plans to repeat or have a regular flea market session. Times not supplied.
- Free entry for customers, AED 200 per stall for sellers.
- Organised by Dubai Flea Market (also hold flea markets in Safa Park and Uptown Mirdif) (press release 14 February 2011).
Last update Thursday 02-Oct-2014. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- [Error] www.downtownjebelali.com - Downtown Jebel Ali (DJA) website, with information about The Galleries. Well, it did, but now forwards to The Galleries project page on the Limitless website, which returns a page not found error. Kind of says it all really.
- www.limitless.com - Limitless website.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.