Tuesday 23 April 2019 (UAE)
Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZ)
Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone (JAFZ), Dubai
- JAFZ is the Jebel Ali Free Zone area in Dubai (or sometimes the Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone).
- JAFZA is the Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority which oversees the JAFZ.
- Established in May 1980 on 25 acres of land, now covers over 750 acres (according to JAFZA website, established in 1985 according to several other sources).
- Chairman of JAFZA is Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem (Executive Chairman, Ports, Customs and Free Zone Corporation).
- CEO of JAFZA is Salma Hareb (or Salma Al Hareb).
- JAFZA, Dubai Ports Authority, and Customs Department merged into the Ports, Customs & Free Zone Corporation (PCFC).
- Manufacturing, wholesale, warehousing, import and export facilities.
- JAFZA license allows operations within the JAFZ. Customs fees are due if goods exported to Dubai and other emirates.
- 100% foreign ownership permitted, 100% repatriation of capital and profits, no import duties (into JAFZ).
- No taxes - unclear how long. As long as no taxes in Dubai proper plus 15 years?
- FZE - Free Zone Enterprise. FZCO - Free Zone Company.
- Minimum capital requirement 500,000 to 1,000,000 dhs (or 0 dhs if setting up a branch of a company).
- Jebel Ali Free Zone, PO Box 17000, Jebel Ali, Dubai, UAE, tel +971-4-8813000, fax +971-4-8815554.
- JAFZA customer relations tel +971-4-8812222.
- Jebel Ali Customs, at main gate of Jebel Ali terminal, open 24/7, tel +971-4-8816374, fax +971-4-8816903.
Last update Sunday 29-Dec-2013
Related websites (new window)
- www.jafza.ae - Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority website, information about JAFZ rules, procedures, and setting up.
- www.jd.ae - JAFZ directory, searchable list of companies in the Jebel Ali Free Zone.