| Where is Dubai? | Public holidays | Dress code |
RTA fines in Dubai
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
RTA fines in Dubai
RTA fines, penalties, violations in Dubai, UAE. RTA fine payment and enquiry. List of Salik fines, road user fines, vehicle and transport fines, public transport passenger fines, parking fines. Police traffic fines are different from RTA fines.
The Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) oversees traffic related activities in the emirate of Dubai, and issues fines to motorists and public transport users who don't follow the RTA rules. Fines are also issued in Dubai by the Dubai Police to motorists not following the UAE federal traffic laws. In other emirates, fines are issued by the police or other traffic related authorities e.g. Abu Dhabi Police in Abu Dhabi, Sharjah RTA and Sharjah Police in Sharjah, etc.
Information on this page does not have any sort of legal authority. Most importantly, although government issued legislation documents in the UAE might have English translations available, the Arabic versions have legal authority.
RTA fines vs Dubai Police fines
- UAE traffic fines - list of federal rules and fines which apply to all of the UAE, updated in 2017. Sometimes referred to as the RTA list of fines but that's incorrect, the RTA has their own list of violations and penalties which is different. Speeding fines for example are issued by the police traffic department in each emirate. Public transport related fines in Dubai are issued by the RTA.
- The traffic police in Dubai and other emirates issue fines related to using transport and roads in the UAE. So does the RTA but the RTA fines are related to Dubai specific rules about parking, licenses, public transport, etc. Fines related to speed limits, dangerous driving, driving licenses, etc are issued by the traffic police.
RTA fine enquiry and payment
- To find the fines enquiry and payment section on the RTA website, try one of these:
- www.rta.ae/wps/portal/rta/ae/home/fines-inquiry, or if that's a fail, then try ...
- traffic.rta.ae/trfesrv/public_resources/ffu/fines-payment.do?switchLanguage=en (redirects to messy looking URL).
- Home > Services > Driver and Car Owner Services > Pay Vehicle Fines
- Home > scroll (or Ctrl+End) to end of page > Fines Inquiry and Payment
- [Error, why?] The RTA link is supposed to return enquiries for RTA as well as traffic police fines from car number plate, and they can be paid through the RTA portal. When we tried, a fine issued on a vehicle from another emirate didn't appear. Or maybe we misunderstood and it's only for RTA and Dubai Police traffic fines, not fines from other emirates.
- [Error, why?] We tried the driving licence number search and received a message which said no fines were issued, even though there were (they showed up when we searched the Dubai Police fine enquiry).
RTA traffic department UAE fine payment machines
- From Dec 2013, the Dubai RTA has started, or will start, installing machines or kiosks around Dubai where you can pay traffic fines and do other driving and traffic related jobs. The machines won't drive your car or change a flat tire though.
- Locations are RTA customer service centers at Al Barsha, Deira, Um Al Ramool, Al Twar Municipality Center. Other locations include Dubai Airport (which terminal not specified, probably T1 or T3), Union Square Metro Station.
- See also Driving in Dubai information.
RTA public transport fines: abra, bus, ferry, metro, taxi, tram
List of fines is for violations of the 2013 legislation concerning the "Unified Fare Scheme for Public Transport", which is public transport for which passengers use a Nol card. This includes bus, ferry, metro, tram, waterbus transport; and probably includes abras and taxis.
|Item||Description of violation||Amount
|1||Using Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services, or entry into/exit from areas where fare is applicable, without payment of the applicable fare.||200|
|2||Failure to present the Unified Card upon request.||200|
|3||Using a card designated for others.||200|
|4||Using an expired card.||200|
|5||Using an invalid card.||200|
|6||Using a counterfeit card.||500|
|7||Selling Unified Cards without prior permission from the Authority.||200|
|8||Damaging, vandalising, or destroying equipment or seats on Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services.||2,000|
|9||Spitting, littering, or performing any act that would compromise the cleanness of Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services.||200|
|10||Causing a disturbance or inconvenience in any way to users of Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services.||100|
|11||Smoking inside Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services.||200|
|12||Carrying hazardous items, including weapons, sharp tools, or inflammable materials, inside Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services.||1,000|
|13||Carrying alcoholic beverages inside Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services.||500|
|14||Selling or promoting, in any way, goods and commodities inside Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services.||200|
|15||Failure to comply with the instructions of the inspectors or authorised personnel of the Authority or obstructing the performance of their duties.||200|
|16||Misusing lifts or escalators.||100|
|17||Boarding the Public Transport Facilities and Services by climbing or jumping.||100|
|18||Using Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services contrary to the Authority’s instructions posted on signboards.||200|
|19||Entry into restricted areas inside Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services in violation of posted warning signs and boards.||100|
|20||Opening the doors or attempting to access or leave Public Transport while it is moving between stations and stops.||100|
|21||Accessing or sitting in areas designated for specific categories.||100|
|22||Bringing animals into Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services, except guide dogs for blind persons.||100|
|23||Carrying or using materials or equipment that may cause inconvenience to users of Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services or endanger their safety.||100|
|24||Using any security or safety device or tool, including emergency exits where it is not necessary.||2,000|
|25||Sleeping in passenger shelters or any place where sleeping is prohibited.||300|
|26||Causing any distraction or visual obstruction to the driver of Public Transport while he is driving.||200|
|27||Standing or sitting in non-passenger areas inside Public Transport and Public Transport Facilities and Services.||100|
|28||Putting feet on seats.||100|
|29||Eating and drinking in areas where eating and drinking are not allowed.||100|
|30||Parking vehicles in areas designated for metro users for a period exceeding the permitted period.||100/day to 1,000|
Reference: Regulation No. (1) of 2013 Amending Regulation No. (3) of 2009 Concerning the Unified Fare Scheme for Public Transport in the Emirate of Dubai.
RTA parking fines
Only a partial list of fines, see relevant legisalation for a complete list.
|Item||Description of violation||Amount
|1||Parking a Vehicle without paying the applicable Parking Fee, or failing to display the parking ticket in a prominent place at the time the fine is issued||150|
|2||Exceeding the maximum duration for using a Public Car Park||100|
|3||Using a car park after expiry of the parking ticket||100|
|4||Committing any act that may disrupt the use of Public Car Parks||200|
|5||Driving or Parking a Vehicle on a pavement||200|
|6||Parking a Vehicle in a no-parking area in a Public Car Park||200|
|7||Parking a Vehicle that does not bear a number plate in a Public Car Park||1,000|
|8||Parking a Vehicle in Public Car Park spaces designated for Persons with Disabilities without a Permit or after expiry of the Permit; or failing to display such Permit in a prominent place at the time the fine is issued||1,000|
|9||Parking in a Public Car Park space reserved for others, or failing to display the reservation Permit in a prominent place at the time the fine is issued||1,000|
|10||Displaying Vehicles for sale or rent without a Permit||1,000|
|11||Building a shade for a Public Car Park space without a Permit||1,000|
|12||Causing damage to a Public Car Park; or causing damage to or tampering with a Parking Fee collection machine or a Public Car Park sign||1,000|
|13||Relocating or removing a Public Car Park sign or equipment without the relevant Permit||10,000|
- Reference: Executive Council Resolution No. (5) of 2016 Regulating Car Parks in the Emirate of Dubai.
- RTA fine payment and enquiry
- RTA fine payment instalments
- RTA bicycle fines
- RTA Salik fines
- RTA taxi fines
- RTA tram fines
- Parent category: RTA. Transport in Dubai.
- Child pages: none.
- Related pages: Dubai Police. Traffic fines in UAE. Public transport in Dubai.
- www.rta.ae/wps/portal/rta/ae/home/open-data/licensing-legislations - for RTA related laws, decisions, resolutions.
- www.rta.ae/wps/portal/rta/ae/home/fines-inquiry - for RTA fines enquiry and payment.
Last update Saturday 26-Oct-2019.
Related websites (new window)
- [Disabled] Submit URL.