Friday 20 September 2019 (UAE)
List of Islamic Banks in Abu Dhabi Dubai UAE
List of Islamic Banks in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE
- This list of UAE Islamic Banks includes UAE based banks with UAE ownership.
- Islamic banks and Sharia compliant banks refer to the same type of bank i.e. they follow Islamic principles with their operations, which usually means no collection or payment of interest (Riba), and no involvement in activities that are haram for example pork products, alcohol, gambling, pornography.
- Dubai Bank and Dubai Islamic Bank are separate independent banking entities.
- Also seen referred to as Hilal Bank, Al Hilal Islamic Bank, Crescent Bank. Official name seems to be Hilal Bank.
- Previously called National Bank of Sharjah (NBS). Not related to Bank of Sharjah (BOS).
- Was initially called Ajman Islamic Bank when established but dropped the word Islamic from their name soon after, however still operates as an Islamic bank.
- Dubai Bank is not related to Dubai Islamic Bank. Was not an Islamic bank when first established in 2002, became Sharia compliant in 2007. Taken over by Emirates NBD in 2011, but still operates as an Islamic bank?
- Renamed from Emirates Islamic Bank to just Emirates Islamic in November 2013 (or Emirates Islamic Group). Unclear why the name change to disassociate themselves from banking operations, they are still a bank.
- 07 Jan 2014 - Noor Islamic Bank rebranded itself as Noor Bank but said they are still an Islamic bank. Odd explantion given to explain why they wanted to make it less obvious they are an Islamic bank - a press release said it was to market themselves more to non-Islamic customer segments or something like that.
Last update Tuesday 14-Jan-2014. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L
Related websites (new window)