Law and Lawyers and Legal Matters in Dubai
List of Lawyers in Dubai and UAE, legal help and advice, information, and guide
List of Legal Firms and Lawyers in Dubai, UAE (not a complete list)
This is a selection of lawyers and legal firms from embassy and consulate sources, or others we have heard of. Not that that's any guarantee that they're any good, but hopefully there's slightly less chance of getting a dud company. If you are trying to select a legal firm blind, as it were, start with either your own consulate or embassy (they usually have a list), or try the US or UK embassies and consulates.
- Afridi and Angell - website www.afridi-angell.com, offices in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah.
- Al Bahr Advocates an Legal Consultants - Mohammed Al Shaiba sometimes answers legal questions in the Gulf News on Fridays.
- Al Sharif Advocates & Legal Consultants - Location and postal address: Hamarain Center, Gate 8, 1st Floor, PO Box 8867,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Contact details tel +971-4-2628222 , fax +971-4-2628111, email
email@example.com, website www.dubailaw.com.
- Al Tamimi & Co (Tammimmi / Tammimi / Tamimmi) - many would regard Al Tamimi as the top law firm in Dubai. Website www.tamimi.com.
- Al Yafee Advocates & Legal Services - unknown, website www.alyafee.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +971-4-3334482.
- Allen & Overy
- Bin Shabib & Associates - www.binshabib.com, Jimmy Haoula (a partner) writes commentary for Property Weekly magazine.
- Clifford Chance
- Clyde & Co - ranked first in survey by Which Lawyer? online, out of a list of 27 law firms practicing in the UAE (10 September 2007 press release) - Clyde & Co is the only firm on the list with all areas of expertise ranked as ‘recommended' or higher. The areas covered by the directory are ‘Telecoms/IT', ‘Dispute Resolution', ‘Corporate and M&A', ‘Banking and Finance', ‘Energy' and ‘Intellectual Property'. Website www.clydeco.com - Clyde & Co website, has information about Dubai and Middle East offices.
- DLA Piper
- Floyd & Howard FZC - tel +971-4-3124986, email email@example.com, website www.floydandhoward.com.
- Fulbright & Jaworski
- Hadef Legal Consultants and Advocates - (website www.hadalaw.com not available?)
- James Berry & Associates tel +971-4-3317552, fax +971-4-3317553, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, web www.jamesberrylaw.com, location 304B API World Tower, Sheikh Zayed Road, PO Box 52294, Dubai, UAE, Managing Partner James Berry.
- Musthafa & Almana Associates - website www.musthafa-almana.com
- Sami Al Midfa Advocacy & Legal Consultants, Office 1004 Al Reem Tower, Al Maktoum Road, Deira, Dubai, PO 32367, Dubai, UAE, tel +971-4-2272701, fax +971-4-2277422, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Partners/lawyers/consultants include Sami Al Midfa - University of UAE, Adv. Khaled Abdel Wahab - University of Cairo, Carol S. Alderson (has a slot on Dubai Eye radio 12pm Tuesdays?), Adv. Mosaad Taher - University of Sanaa in Yemen.
- Trench & Associates Legal Consultants - website www.trenchlaw.com
List of lawyers and law companies in Abu Dhabi, UAE (not a complete list)
List of lawyers and law companies in Sharjah, UAE (not a complete list)
Free legal advice in Dubai and UAE
- It's worth phoning a legal firm to speak to a lawyer and ask for an opinion - sometimes you might get enough information just over the phone. Or you might be able to go for an intial brief consultation (possibly free, or not too expensive) which, again, gives you enough information to make a decision about whether to continue with legal advice or not.
- Dubai International Financial Center Courts (DIFC Courts) at DIFC has a Pro Bono Legal Clinic, started in February 2012 (first clinic held on 16 February 2012 at the Monarch Hotel, Dubai), with volunteer lawyers offering legal advice at no charge. Contact DIFC Courts to make an appointment (it sounds like you can't just turn up). See DIFC Courts website for clinic timings or tel +971-4-4273333.
Last update Saturday 21-Apr-2012. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.