Inter-emirate intercity bus services UAE
List of inter-emirate and intercity bus services in UAE
List of inter-emirates and intercity buses in the UAE between Dubai and Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Al Ain, Al Gharbia (Western Region), Dhaid, Fujairah, Jebel Ali, Hatta, Masafi, Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain (UAQ). Timetable, fares, first and last buses, frequency of service.
Good services operate between Dubai and Sharjah, Dubai and Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi and Al Ain. Ok services operate between Dubai and Fujairah, Sharjah and East Coast destinations, Abu Dhabi city and other towns in Abu Dhabi emirate, Dubai or Sharjah to Northern Emirates (Ajman, RAK, UAQ); poor services between Dubai and Al Ain, or Sharjah and Al Ain; no direct services between Abu Dhabi or Al Ain and Northern Emirates or East Coast (but journey is possible via Dubai or Sharjah); between Al Gharbiya (Western Region of Abu Dhabi emirate) and emirates other than Abu Dhabi (connect via Abu Dhabi city).
There are no 24 hr intercity bus services in the UAE. Route E306 between Dubai and Sharjah is almost 24 hrs.
Notes about the list of bus routes in table below:
- BS = Bus Station, MS = Metro Station. RTA = Roads and Transport Authority (usually Dubai, if Sharjah then is SRTA). DOT = Abu Dhabi Department of Transport.
- There are no public bus services operated by transport authorities in the emirates of Ajman, Fujairah, RAK, UAQ ... not yet.
- Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station is the Al Wahda Bus Station. Sharjah Central Bus Station is Al Jubail Bus Station. There is no Dubai Central Bus Station (there are several bus stations used for intercity routes), but Al Ghubaiba Bus Station is the closest approximation.
- Deira City Center is the name of a Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) shopping mall in Deira (also called, or renamed as, City Centre Deira), not a reference to a central or CBD area in Deira. Similarly for Ajman City Centre, Fujairah City Centre, Mirdif City Centre, Sharjah City Centre.
- Al Ghubaiba and Deira City Centre bus stops and metro stations are in different, but nearby locations. This can be confusing because a number of buses stop outside the metro station exits, but not the intercity buses which operate from the nearby bus stations which are both a 5 min walk away from the respective metro stations.
- [Check] Union Square Bus Station (for intercity routes) (Exit 2 from metro station?) is not the same as Union Metro Station bus stops (A, B, C, D). And even more confusingly, intercity route E16 to Hatta, stops at Union MS Bus Stop D, not Union Square BS.
- [Check and update] Rolla Park and Rolla Square refer to the same location (a park in downtown Sharjah). There is a bus stop and a bus terminal in different locations. Rolla Park or Rolla Square usually refers to the bus stop. The bus station is called Rolla Bus Terminal. But don't rely on anything being 100% correctly referenced (this page or any other source), just make sure to allow 5-10 mins for walking between the bus stop and the bus terminal if necessary.
- Start and end times, frequency timings are approximate (websites checked Jul 2017).
- Check RTA Wojhati website for detailed schedules, timetables, and route maps for RTA buses to and from Dubai.
- Sharjah RTA (Mowasalat) and Rihlati trip planner websites do not have intercity bus information; Sharjah Transport website offline.
- Al Ghazal website does not have bus route timings or schedules.
- Dubai RTA and Abu Dhabi Department of Transport (DOT) operated buses generally follow scheduled times (but allow for delays due to traffic congestion). Sharjah Transport (KGL) are usually ok also. Al Ghazal buses seem to be more random about following scheduled times.
- Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Sharjah transport authority intercity coaches are modern and comfortable. Al Ghazal operates mostly older Toyota Coaster minibuses which are less comfortable, especially at busy times.
- [Check] Abu Dhabi fares most recent information provided was dated 01 Nov 2012 (checked 19 Jul 2017). Fares do not change often so they might still be correct.
|Al Wahda BS||Mussafah BS||<> X60,X65,X80||DOT AUH||15||04 Oct 2013|
|Mussafah BS||Al Wahda BS||> X86,X87,X88,X89||15||04 Oct 2013|
|Al Wahda BS||Al Ain||X90, no Mussafah stop||25||0430||2400||30 min||19 Jul 2017|
|Al Wahda||Al Sila'a (Silaa)||X89||45||04 Oct 2013|
|Al Wahda||Dubai||E100, E101||RTA||25|
|Al Wahda||Ghayathi, Gayati||X86||35||04 Oct 2013|
|Al Wahda||Jebel Dhanna Ferry||X87||35||04 Oct 2013|
|Al Wahda||Liwa - Mezairaa||X60||30||04 Oct 2013|
|Al Wahda||Liwa - Hameem||X65||04 Oct 2013|
|Al Wahda||Madinat Zayed||X60 to Liwa||25||04 Oct 2013|
|Al Wahda||Mirfa||X80 to Ruwais||25||04 Oct 2013|
|Al Wahda||Ruwais||X80,X86,X87,X88,X89||35||04 Oct 2013|
|Al Wahda||Tarif||X80,X81,X86,X87,X88,X89||20||04 Oct 2013|
|Al Wahda||Tarif||700 via Mussafah|
|AUH Airport||Al Ain||490||10||04 Oct 2013|
|AUH Airport||Ruwais||X81||04 Oct 2013|
|Mussafah BS||Al Ain||440||10||04 Oct 2013|
|Mussafah BS||Ruwais||X81 from AUH||04 Oct 2013|
|Ruwais||AUH Airport||X81, no Mussafah stop||04 Oct 2013|
|Al Ain||AUH Airport T1, T2||490||0450||2050||2 hrs||19 Jul 2017|
|Al Ain||Dubai||Al Ghazal||20||0540||2300||40 min3||14 Apr 2014|
|Al Ain||Mussafah BS||440||0400||2000||2 hrs||19 Jul 2017|
|Al Ain||Eastern Region||350,360,380,390,550|
|Ghubaiba BS||Abu Dhabi||E100E100||RTA||25||0420||2400||10-20 min||19 Jul 2017|
|Ibn Battuta Mall BS MS||Abu Dhabi||E101E101||RTA||25||0415||0100||10-60 min||19 Jul 2017|
|Gubaiba BS||Al Ain||Al Ghazal||20||0540||2340||40 min3||14 Apr 2014|
|Union MS||Ajman||E400||RTA||12||01 Aug 2017|
|Union MS||Fujairah (via DXB T1)||E700||RTA||25||19 Jul 2017|
|Sabkha BS||Hatta via Madam||E16||RTA||10||19 Jul 2017|
|Abu Hail MS||Sharjah Jubail BS||E307A||RTA||10||19 Jul 2017|
|Deira City Centre BS||Sharjah Jubail BS||E307||RTA||10||19 Jul 2017|
|Ghubaiba BS||Sharjah Jubail BS||E306, 24 hrs||RTA||10||19 Jul 2017|
|E306N see E306|
|Sabkha BS||Sharjah Jubail BS||E303A||RTA||10||19 Jul 2017|
|Satwa BS via Karama||Sharjah Jubail BS||E304||RTA||10||19 Jul 2017|
|Union metro station||Sharjah Jubail BS||E303||RTA||10||19 Jul 2017|
|Ahli Club, Stadium MS||Sharjah Taawun BS||E301||RTA||10||19 Jul 2017|
|Ras Al Khaimah|
|Jubail bus station||Al Ain||Al Ghazal?|
|Jubail bus station|
|Rolla Square2||Jebel Ali||E308||10||0545||2245||75m-2hrs||01 Jul 2012|
|Umm Al Quwain|
|Dubai Union Square||Sharjah, Ajman||E400|
|Dubai Union Square||Fujairah||E700|
|Ghubaiba Bus Station||Abu Dhabi||E102 (or E1?)||20||0500||2300||20 min||03 Sep 2013|
|Ghubaiba||Abu Dhabi||E102 (or E1?)||20||2300||0100||1 hr||03 Sep 2013|
|Ghubaiba||Abu Dhabi (Gazal)||15|
|Gubaiba Station||Al Ain||Al Ghazal||20||0540||2340||40 min3||14 Apr 2014|
|Ittihad Station||Ajman||7||0600||2200||30 min||03 Sep 2013|
|Ittihad Station||Ajman||E401 via Sharjah||7|
|Ittihad Station||Fujairah||E701||25||0600||2200||1 hr||03 Sep 2013|
|Ittihad Station||Ras Al Khaimah||E601 (via UAQ)||20||0600||2200||1 hr||03 Sep 2013|
|Sabkha (Deira)||Hatta||E16, E201, or E216?||7|
|Dubai various||Sharjah||E301-E307, E309||5||0600||2400||15-60 min||03 Sep 2013|
|Ghubaibah||Sharjah||E306 (almost 24 hrs)||10||2400||0400||1 hr||03 Sep 2013|
|Ittihad Station||Sharjah > Ajman||E401|
|Jebel Ali2||Sharjah Rolla Sq||E308||10||0715||2115||75m-2hrs||01 Jul 2012|
|Ittihad Station||Umm Al Quwain||E601 (bus to RAK)||7||0600||2200||1 hr||03 Sep 2013|
Last bus timings if after midnight are for the next day e.g. Thu 0100 means 1 hour after Thu midnight not Wed midnight. Yes we know that should be Fri 0100 to be precise but we're thinking about the "Last bus" that day or night, and the RTA timetables use the same convention.
- E100 Dubai Al Ghubaiba <> Abu Dhabi Al Wahda:
- Al Ghubaiba > Abu Dhabii (stops at Samha and Shahama Village in Abu Dhabi emirate, does not stop in Dubai): First bus Sun-Wed 0430, Thu 0420, Fri 0440, Sat 0440. Last bus Sun-Wed 2400, Thu 0100, Fri 0105, Sat 0100.
- Abu Dhabi > Al Ghubaiba (stops at Samha only in Abu Dhabi, also stops at Jafiliya metro station and Ports & Customs Dept in Dubai): First bus Sun-Wed 0420, Thu 0430, Fri 0440, Sat 0440. Last bus Sun-Wed 2400, Thu 0100, Fri 0100, Sat 0100.
- E101 Dubai Ibn Battuta Mall <> Abu Dhabi Al Wahda:
- Ibn Battuta Mall > Abu Dhabi (stops at Samha and Shahama Village in Abu Dhabi emirate): First bus Sun-Wed 0445, Thu 0415, Fri 0515, Sat 0445. Last bus Sun-Wed 2315, Thu 0115, Fri 0145, Sat 0015.
- Abu Dhabi > Ibn Battuta Mall (only stops at Samha, not Shahama Village): First bus Sun-Wed 0440, Thu 0430, Fri 0430, Sat 0430. Last bus Sun-Wed 2300, Thu 0100, Fri 2400, Sat 2400.
- Not clear if this route still operating - Dubai RTA does not have it in intercity bus route list supplied Mar 2014. No cancellation notice provided.
- Interval between buses inconsistent. An RTA official at Al Ghubaiba station in Dubai told us in Apr 2014 that Al Ain buses depart when full, not according to any schedule. Our interpretation and experience is that generally the schedule is followed (every 40 mins from 0540 to 2340 daily) but don't rely on it - especially if the big bus is waiting for passengers (most of the time minibuses are used), and especially around Iftar time during Ramadan. Duration is about 2 hrs, sometimes longer if traffic or slow driver. This variability seems to apply more to routes operated by Al Ghazal (similar comments heard about the Sharjah to Al Ain route schedule not being followed).
- Bus fare amounts are one way only, if not updated, from 2008?
- Dubai-Sharjah routes started January 2004, other routes at later dates.
- Emirates Express between Dubai and Abu Dhabi launched 15 March 2005.
- Dubai-Al Ain route operated by Al Ghazal.
- Ittihad Bus Station renamed as Union Bus Station, is near Union Square metro station.
- Dubai to Sharjah first bus at 0600, last bus at 0400, every 15-60 mins from 0500 to 2300 depending on route, and every hour from 2300 to 0400 on route E306 to Al Ghubaibah bus station in Dubai.
- The prefix "Al" for place names (Arabic for "The") appears to be used or not used without following any consistent rules. For example:
- In Dubai, Al Satwa and Al Karama areas are often referred to as just Satwa and Karama. But the Al Karamah area in Abu Dhabi is more often referred with the "Al" prefix rather than just Karamah. And spelling is usually with "h" for the Abu Dhabi area, without for the Dubai area.
- Al Ghubaiba bus station in Dubai is randomly referred to as Al Ghubaiba bus station or Ghubaiba bus station. Same for Al Jubail bus station in Sharjah.
- Rolla Square in Sharjah is sometimes called Al Rolla Sq but more often just Rolla Sq.
- Al Wahda bus station in Abu Dhabi is rarely or never referred to as just Wahda bus station.
- Al Wasl Road in Dubai (Iranian Hospital Rd) is randomly referred to as Al Wasl Rd or just Wasl Rd.
- Burj Al Arab in Dubai is (almost) never called Burj Arab. And Burj Khalifa is rarely called Burj Al Khalifa.
- Sharjah and Fujairah are occasionally referred to as Al Sharjah and Al Fujairah. Dhaid is often called Al Dhaid. And Al Ain is always Al Ain, never just "Ain". But Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Bur Dubai, Deira, Dibba, Dubai, Kalba, Khorfakkan, Masafi, RAK, UAQ are never (or almost never for Kalba) prefixed with "Al" (Masafi is though if referring to the Iraqi football team, or some UAE based companies).
- Bus station and place names have different spellings e.g. Deira (Deirah, Derah), Ghubaiba (Al Ghubaibah, Gubaiba, Gubaibah, Gubaybah, Gubaiyba, Gubiba, etc), Jebel Ali (Jabal Ali), Masafi (Masafih), Ras Al Khaimah (RAK, Ras Al Khaima, Ras AlKhaimah, Ras Alkhaima), Umm Al Quwain (UAQ, Um Al Quwin).
Airport transfers by bus in the UAE
- Bus from Abu Dhabi to Dubai Airport Terminal 1, 2, 3: Careful when relying on route search results, the Google seems to think T2 is in the same place as T1 and T3 (it's not). Results also suggest a bus from Jafiliya metro station to T1 or T3; don't bother, just take the red line metro from Jafiliah MS if going to T1 or T3. For T2 you'll need a bus or taxi.
There are no direct public bus links between different airports in the UAE. Indirect links are possible but time-consuming and require at least one bus-bus or bus-metro (in Dubai) change. Most efficient way usually involves a taxi for at least part of the journey. Better yet, don't plan your trip to the UAE with different departure and arrival airports.
Airport codes: AAN = Al Ain Airport, AUH = Abu Dhabi Airport, DWC = Al Maktoum Airport, DXB = Dubai Airport, FJR (not FUJ) = Fujairah Airport, RKT (not RAK) = Ras Al Khaimah Airport, SHJ = Sharjah Airport.
- AUH > AAN: Bus 490 from AUH T1 or T2 (stops at both) to Al Ain Central Bus Station > Taxi to Al Ain Airport (no direct bus service). Infrequent and slow: every 2 hrs, duration 3 hr 40 min (!), last bus 8:50pm from AUH, 9pm from Al Ain Airport.
- AUH > DWC (Al Maktoum International Airport near Jebel Ali): Bus to Al Wahda bus station > Intercity bus E101 to Ibn Battuta Mall > bus F55 to DWC (allow 4-6 hrs or seriously consider a taxi for AED 200).
- AUH > DXB Terminals 1 or 3 (Dubai International Airport): Bus to Al Wahda bus station > Intercity bus E101 to Ibn Battuta Mall > metro Red Line to T1 or T3.
- AUH > DXB Terminal 2:
- Bus to Al Wahda bus station > Intercity bus E100 to Al Ghubaiba bus station but exit at Jafiliya metro station bus stop > bus C26 to DXB T2 (bus stops at arrival and at departure areas).
- Bus to Al Wahda bus station > Intercity bus E101 to Ibn Battuta Mall > metro Red Line to Jafiliya or ADCB (Karama) > bus C26 to DXB T2.
- If you want to sound clever to someone annoying, suggest they go Abu Dhabi to Sharjah by direct bus, and then take the 313 "Express" bus from Sharjah to DXB T2. They'll curse you on the way to Sharjah when they get stuck in Sharjah-Dubai Ittihad Rd car park traffic jam, and will be sticking pins in dolls when they have to return through the same jam to go back to DXB T2. We have seen this as a real suggestion on traveler forums, don't do it.
- Taxi to Rashidiya metro station, metro Red Line to T1 or T3 (but will only cost an extra AED 20-30 to continue journey by taxi directly to airport). Note that Bus Route 111 SHJ Airport to Rashidiya MS is no longer operating.
- Bus 99 to Al Jubail bus station > E303 to Union Square BS > Red Line metro to T1 or T3.
- Bus 99 to Al Jubail bus station > E307 to Deira City Centre bus station > walk 5 min to Deira City Centre metro station > Red Line metro to T1 or T3.
- Bus 14, 15, 88, or 99 to Al Rolla Terminal (not Rolla Park) bus stop > Bus 113 to Rashidiya MS > Red Line metro to T1 or T3.
- Bus 14, 15, 88, or 99 to Al Rolla Terminal (not Rolla Park) bus stop > Bus 313 to DXB T2 > taxi to DXB T1 or T3.
- Bus 14, 15, 88, or 99 to Al Rolla Terminal (not Rolla Park) bus stop > Bus 313 to DXB T2.
- Bus 99 to Jubail bus station > Bus 313 to DXB T2 but this option a bit superfluous since more buses go from airport to Rolla Terminal, and Bus 313 starts from Rolla.
Updates to routes and new routes
- 01 Sep 2015 (PR 25 Aug 2015), frequency increased on routes E101, E307, E400.
Sharjah Transport inter-emirate bus routes
- Sharjah Transport operates intercity bus services (one-way bus fares in brackets) between Sharjah and Abu Dhabi (AED 30), Ajman (AED 3), Al Dhaid (AED 20), Dubai (AED 5), Hamriya, Jebel Ali (AED 10), Khorfakkan (AED 20), Ras Al Khaimah (AED 25), Umm Al Quwain.
- New routes launched July 2009.
- Operating times 0500-2300 (5am-11pm)?
Wifi wireless internet service on RTA inter-city buses
- 20 Dec 2013 (WAM) - all intercity buses operated by the Dubai RTA will have wireless internet services for passengers by the end of January 2014. Wifi has been available on Dubai-Abu Dhabi bus route since 2013 (date?).
Last update Friday 18-Aug-2017. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- Buses between Sharjah and Dubai
- Dubai bus routes
- Dubai subway (Dubai Metro)
- RTA Dubai - Roads and Transport Authority Dubai.
- www.alghazaltransport.ae - Al Ghazal Transport website. No bus route information (Jul 2017).
- [Disabled] Submit URL.