Al Farooq Mosque Dubai
Al Farooq Mosque in Dubai
Al Farooq Mosque in Dubai (or the Blue Mosque) is in the suburb of Umm Suqeim, near Jumeirah. Opening date expected to be beginning of Ramadan 2011. Al Farouq Mosque is one of only 3 mosques in the UAE which non-Muslims can visit. The other two are Sheikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi, and the Jumeirah Mosque in Dubai.
- Full name is Al Farooq Omar Bin Al Khattab Mosque and Islamic Center. Mosque is named after Umar Bin Al Khattab, the second Caliph after Abu Bakr.
- Exterior design based on the Sultan Ahmed Mosque (or Blue Mosque) in Istanbul.
- Capacity 2,000 people.
- Construction and developer is the Al Habtoor Group? Mosque construction funded by Khalaf Al Habtoor?
- Facilities include Islamic Center or school for teaching the Holy Quran and Islamic courses, lecture theater, research library (with 4,000 texts).
- Internal area of mosque is 8,700 sq meters. Prayer hall or worship hall area is 4,200 sq m.
- Central dome is 30 metres high. Mosque has 4 minarets, each 70 meters high.
Al Farooq Mosque construction timeline and history
- 29 July 2011 - official opening date of the Al Farooq Mosque in Dubai?
- Construction start date Ramadan 2010 (September 2010). Completion expected by Ramadan 2011 (August 2011).
Last update Wednesday 15-Aug-2012. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.