Al Safa Centre
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Al Safa Centre and Park n Shop
The Al Safa Centre is a small community shopping center on the corner of Al Wasl Road and 19th Street in the Al Safa 1 district of Dubai, next to Jumeirah College. Opposite Jumeirah 3 community sector, popular with residents in Jumeira, Umm Suqeim, Al Safa. The Park and Shop supermarket there was well-known amongst western expats for many years as having a decent pork section (it still does, but so do Waitrose and Spinneys now), and residents often refer to the complex as the Park n Shop Center rather than the Al Safa Center.
List of shops in the Al Safa Center
- ATMs - ADCB, and National Bank of Dubai (NBD) drive-thru.
- Baskin Robbins - ice cream cafe .
- Bookworm - toys and children's books.
- British Fish n Chips shop - decent enough battered fish and chips - one of the better ones in Dubai. Has outdoor seating section.
- China Garden - Chinese Restaurant (very small, does takeaway and home deliveries), tel +971-4-3943434.
- Desert Gallery - artwork, trinkets, and souvenirs.
- Fine Art Frames - picture framing, timings 0900-1500 & 1600-2100 Saturday to Thursday, 1500-2000 Friday.
- [Closed] Laser Hi-Fi.
- Park n Shop (Park and Shop) supermarket - good selection of products, pork section, not as large as the Spinneys Umm Suqueim down the road. Opening hours 0715-2200 Saturday-Friday. Post office mailbox and community noticeboard outside.
- Photomagic - photo developing, photography, photocopying, opening times 0800-2130 Saturday-Thursday, 1600-2130 Friday.
- Pizza Express - Italian restaurant, dine-in, takeaways, and home deliveries. Tel +971-4-3945616.
- Shakespeare Cafe (Shakespeare's, Shakespeares) - has a separate outside indoor airconditioned section for shisha smoking. Coffee shop was open during the day during Ramadan (might have to enter backside, but smoking area closed until Iftar), but seems to have stopped doing that in about 2010 or 2011.
- [Closed] Smokeys Barbeque - restaurant, cafe, reopening October 2009 perhaps.
- Super-Care Pharmacy, open 24 hours.
- The Cleaners - laundry services and drycleaning, open 0900-1300 & 1600-2100 Saturday-Thursday, closed Friday.
- The Hair Corridor - hairdressing salon.
- Video HiFi - DVD rentals, open 0930-2100 (to 2130 Thursdays and Fridays), tel +971-4-3947062.
- Wafi Gents Salon - barber.
Last update Wednesday 03-Dec-2014
- [Disabled] Submit URL.