| Home | Forum | Print or save as PDF |
| Where is Dubai? | Public holidays | Dress code |
| Where is Dubai? | Public holidays | Dress code |
Sunday 28 May 2023 (UAE)
The World islands Dubai list of developments
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Nakheel The World island archipelago group in Dubai
The World by Nakheel in Dubai. List of islands, developments, projects with owner name, date announced, project value, completion date, status (where information is available).
Scheduled or estimated completion dates in this table are unlikely to be realistic, especially as we march on through 2009 with little evidence of construction starting anywhere on The World, and various companies delay or put projects on hold as the global financial crisis and downturn in the Dubai property market prompts developers to pause for thought.
- If no entry in the status column, assume project is in the planning stages only, and don't hold your breath about any estimated completion dates unless some sort of construction work has actually started.
|Owner (*rumoured or unconfirmed)||Date
|City-D Development / Stars Dome Realty||May 2008||Pangkor Laut||2010|
|*David Beckham - unconfirmed|
|*Scandanavian shipping company|
|*Vijay Singh, Fiji|
|Unknown||Architect Diseño Earle||Kezhma Island residences|
|Antarctica||Dubai Multi Commodities Center||Feb 2008||Pearls of Arabia||2010|
|Antartica||*Michael Schumacher||Oct 2006||$7m|
|Asia, North||D51||VC Bank (developer World Development Co.)||May 2008||VC Bank resort||Dh1.5 bn||end 2010|
|Australia||Investment Dar, Kuwait (14 islands)||Apr 2005||Oqyana||$3.5 bn|
|Austria||Josef Kleindienst / Kleindienst Group, Austria||"Heart of Europe"|
|Beijing||*Bin Hu, China|
|Brunei||Salya Corporation||Apr 2008||Dh400m*||FTV resort*||Dh1.2 bn*||2011|
|Canada||Nakheel (20 islands)||May 2007||Coral Island||2010|
|Canada||All islands sold (Aug 2007 news)|
|China||D43||Oasis Group, island Huainan?||Jul 2008||Lynncoln World Island Resort||2010|
|Ecuador||ACI Real Estate (Germany)||Feb 2008||Leisure Resort||AED 2 bn|
|England||John O'Dolan & 10 others (Irish Times)||Sep 2008||$30.4m||"Greater Britain"?|
|Ethiopia||*Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie - denied||Nov 2007|
|Finland||Salya Corporation||Apr 2008||Dh400m*||FTV Palace*||Dh1.2 bn*||2011|
|France||Select Group Select Property JV||Jun 2008||Aquitainia||Dh5.5 bn||2012 2013|
|Germany||Kleindienst Group||Dec 2009||"Heart of Europe"||Started Feb 2010?|
|Great Britain||*Richard Branson - denied||Mar 2006|
|Great Britain||*Rod Steward - unconfirmed|
|Great Britain||SafMus Holdings (Jan 2009 report)||$63.3m||Britain The World||2014|
|Greece||E16||Baron Jean van Gysel de Meise||Aug 2007||$15.5m||V.Greece||$260m||2010|
|Greenland||G19||Sheikh Mohammed / Nakheel||Villa||2005||Completed|
|Greenland||Dubai Infinity Holdings (designer Karl Lagerfeld)||Jan 2008||$30m+||Isla Moda (Fashion Island)||2012|
|Greenland||Nakheel (tentative, GN report 11 Oct 2009)||One&Only Hotel Resort|
|Greenland||Major Trade - boutique hotel and residential villas||Feb 2010||Started Jan 2010?|
|Hong Kong||*Bin Hu, China|
|Huainan||*Bin Hu, China|
|Huainan? China||D43||Oasis Group||Nov 2008||Oasis resort Dubai (?)|
|Ireland||Larionovo, Ireland||Dh142m||Ireland in the Sun|
|Kazakhstan||Stars Dome Realty (sales agent)||2007||Pangkor Laut||2012|
|Lebanon||Wakil Ahmed Azmi||Sep 2011||AED 32m||Royal Island Beach Club||AED 38m||Feb 2012|
|Macao||*Bin Hu, China|
|Malaysia||D38||with Sumatra island ($60m?), Harshit Kantaria||$22m||Isola di Portofino|
|Monte Carlo||Heart of Europe|
|Markovo, Asia||Not sold? Large 247 m sq meters||$263m|
|Moscow||SafMus Holdings||2007?||Moscow The World||2015|
|Nanjing||*Bin Hu, China|
|Netherlands||Kleindienst Group||Dec 2009||"Heart of Europe"|
|New York||For sale (January 2009)?||$35m|
|New Zealand||Investment Dar, Kuwait (14 islands)||Apr 2005||Oqyana||$3.5 bn|
|Novaya Zemlya||Cinnovation Group, Singapore||Feb 2008||Nova Island Resort & Spa||$200 m|
|Orenburg||Perseus Property Management||2005||Perseus Resort||2010|
|Rostov||Perseus Property Management||2005||Perseus Resort||2010|
|Shanghai||Mr Bin Hu, Zhongzhou International President||Oct 2007||$28m||Hotel resort & villas|
|Siberia||Limitless (project under review - 12 July 2009)||Sep 2008||World Island Resort||$350m||2010|
|Siberia||Pearl Dubai, 1.6m sq ft island||2008?||Dh100m||Archangel|
|Somalia||Opulence Holdings||Nov 2007||Jal Aashwa||Dh1 bn|
|Spain||Select Group / Select Property JV||Jun 2008||Aquitania||Dh5.5bn||2012 2013|
|South America||Seven Tides (10 islands)|
|St Petersburg||Kleindienst Group||"Heart of Europe"|
|Sumatra||D88||with Malaysia island ($60m?), Harshit Kantaria||$22m||Isola di Portifino|
|Sweden||Kleindienst Group||"Heart of Europe"|
|Switzerland||Kleindienst Group||"Heart of Europe"|
|Taiwan||*Chinese company, or AA Properties Dubai?|
|Thailand||Profile Real Estate, Dubai ($16m?)||Sep 2006||$20m||Jasmine Gardens||$110m||2011||Cancelled?|
|Turkey||Günal Insaat, MNG Holding||Jun 2008||$50m||Turkey, The World|
|USA||All islands sold (Aug 2007 news)|
|Zanzibar||*One and Only||Jun 2006||resort|
Details of development on The World (some)
Coral Island (North America)
- Coral Island development by Nakheel on the Canada islands. Launched in 2007, luxury resort, area 73 hectares, 20 islands, 9.5 km of beach, 150 room hotel, marina. Accommodation includes 300 beach villas, townhouses, water-homes.
- One&Only Coral Island, The World - hotel resort, project cancelled in 2008 as a result of the financial crisis according to Arabian Business report 23 May 2012.
Heart of Europe by Kleindienst Group (Bloomberg report 03 August 2010)
- Six islands - Austria, Germany, Monte Carlo (?), Netherlands (Holland) (?), St Petersburg, Sweden, Switzerland. Bought by Joseph Kleindienst in 2006.
- Plans include 6 hotels including a 7-star resort, an aquarium, schools, day-care centres, lighthouses, congress centre, bars & discos, residential villas (and apartments?)? Information from Joaquin Torres Architects architect and design firm.
- "We are still expecting to complete The Heart of Europe by our scheduled date of 2015" - comment from Josef Kleindienst, CEO of Kleindienst Group (Arabian Business 20 January 2011).
- Resort themed after European countries of Austria, Germany, Holland, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland.
- Project value AED 3.1 billion (US$840 million). Total internal area of construction about 500,000 sq meters.
- Hotel Sisi
- Austria - wedding chapel and honeymoon hotel
- Germany - holiday villas costing $1.9 to $5.5 million each, 12 sold as of August 2010.
- Monte Carlo - beach bar and club, opening planned for New Year's Eve end 2010? Delayed to end 2011.
- St Petersburg - residential villas
- Sweden - replica of a European city center, with an air-conditioned street
Royal Island Beach Club - Lebanon Island
- Information moved to Royal Island Beach Club Lebanon page.
- Fashion themed resort on islands of Finland and Brunei.
- Estimated project cost AED 2.4 billion ($653m).
- Project under review in 2010 according to Salya Managing Director Rakesh Chandola.
- Island of Finland reportedly for sale in February 2011.
- Owner (and developer?) AA Properties in Dubai
- Construction start date planned for late 2010, of 12 beach villas and 3 houses
- Bloomberg report 03 August 2010 said Dubai developer and real-estate broker AA Properties, the owner of the island called Taiwan, plans to start building 12 beach villas and three houses there later this year, partner Jeroen van der Geer said in an interview. The company is completing an agreement with builder Arabtec Holding Co. worth as much as 300 million dirhams, he said.
Thailand - Jasmine Gardens project
- 01 March 2012 - Arabian Business reported that Jasmine Garden might or will be cancelled, saying "A source close to the project has revealed it is now set to be canceled by Dubai’s Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA), with an official announcement due shortly."
- August 2011 - rumours of the Jasmine Garden project being cancelled?
- Jasmine Gardens is an Asian themed villa resort complex.
Revised construction schedules for some islands (based on Emirates Business reports 19 October 2009)
- Aquitainia (France & Spain islands) - construction start date 2010 Q1 or Q2, completion by end 2013 (Mark Scott, CEO of Select Property).
- Great Britain island - construction start date before end 2009 implied. Safi Qureshi of Premier Real Estate (owner) reportedly said "It is a matter of days and weeks before the announcement of what we are doing. We will only make the announcement once we start work."
- Finland - reportedly for sale February 2011, AED 63.2m ($17.2m), 17% less than original price of AED 74m (Emirates Business 02 February 2011).
- Kathmandu - reportedly for sale for AED 55.5m ($15.1m) in February 2011.
- Pangkor Laut (Khazakstan island) - main contractor appointment by November 2009, project handover by 2012 (agent Stars Dome Realty, Chief Executive is Sofia Zigangirova).
- Sapporo island reportedly for sale for AED 77.6m ($21.1m), 11.4% less than original price of AED 86.4m (02 February 2011).
Last update Sunday 27-Apr-2014. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- The World Dubai - general information, and timeline of development for Nakheel's The World.
- The World, Nakheel - forum discussion topic, with list of developments and more details about them.
- Dubai offshore islands - list of offshore developments.
- List of Dubai The World islands
- Palm Islands Dubai
- Palm Jumeirah Dubai
- The Universe Dubai - another big Dubai offshore development by Nakheel ... maybe.
Related websites (new window)
- www.irelandinthesun.com - Ireland in the Sun development, on the Ireland island. Update: is spam now (Apr 2014).
- www.jg.ae - website for Jasmine Garden on the Thailand island, where you can buy villas. Update: domain for sale, flash intro, no information about Jasmine Gardens (Apr 2014).
- www.kleindienst-group.com - Kleindienst Group website, developer of Heart of Europe.
- www.lynncoln.com - website for Lynncoln resort? Registered to Dubai Oasis Real Estate LLC but no content (checked Jan 2010).
- www.oqyana.com - website for Oqyana development on Australia and NZ islands. Not updated since 2009? Limited information available, all flash (Apr 2014).
- www.perseusworld.com - website for Perseus development on Rostov and Orenburg islands, apartments for sale. Update: not available (Apr 2014).
- [Disabled] Submit URL.