School fees in Sharjah
Private school tuition fees in Sharjah emirate
School tuition fees in Sharjah are governed by the Sharjah Education Zone (SEZ), renamed or re-established as the Sharjah Private Education Authority (SPEA) in 2018. SEZ also regulates schools in Khorfakkan and Kalba on the East Coast.
School fee increases in Sharjah
Resolution No. 203 of 2008 allows private schools in Sharjah to increase their school fees by 5-10% per year. It appears that schools must ask for permission from the Sharjah Education Zone (SEZ) first. The 2008 rule supersedes the 2001 resolution which permitted an increase only once every three years.
- 2015 Jun 06: Progressive English School fee increase was 40% despite the previous news about permitted fee increases.
- 2015 May 31: Fee increases permitted by the SEZ for 48 private schools for 2015-2016. Fees increased by 3-10%. School names not given.
- 2014 Jun 25: The Sharjah Educational Zone (SEZ) gave approval for 60 schools (out of a total of 94 private schools in Sharjah) to increase school fees for the academic year 2014-2015. Conflicting information about amount of fee increase. According to the KT, the SEZ said the fee increases were 2% to 5%, and there was a 13% increase in the number of schools asking for a fee increase compared to 2013. Other reports said that the average increase in fees was 13%. A list of school names with fee increases was not made public. Reported in E24, GN, KT, TN.
- The Khaleej Times quoted Hessa Al Khaja, Head of Private Education Department in Sharjah, as saying: "The number of schools that requested fee hike increased by 13 per cent as compared to the last year".
- 2013 Mar 31: The Sharjah Education Zone (SEZ) said that 43 schools (out of a total 86 private schools in Sharjah) asked to increase tuition fees by 5%-10% for 2013-2014.
- 2012 Apr 27: The Gulf Today reported that the Head of the Private Education Department at the Sharjah Educational Zone (SEZ), Hissa Al Khajah, said that no school is allowed to increase tuition fees, except after obtaining a permit approving the increase according to the regulations which were set by the Ministry of Education regarding the private education sector in the country.
- 2010 Jul 06: Up to 35 private schools in Sharjah have been given approval by the Sharjah Education Zone (SEZ) to increase school fees by 15%-30% for 2010-2011 according to a Khaleej Times report 06 July 2010 of statements made by Fawziya Hassan, Director of the SEZ, on 05 July 2010. The names of the schools were not reported. The director said that Sharjah schools were permitted fee increases of 5%-10% after 1 year, 10%-20% after 2 years, and 20%-30% after 3 years of no increases.
List of schools in Sharjah with fee increases for 2014-2015
- American School of Creative Science - Grade 4 only.
- International School of Creative Science
- Sharjah British International School fees increased 1%-10% (AED 14,500-30,000 for 2013-2014 to AED 15,400-30,190 for 2014-2015).
Sharjah schools increasing fees for 2013-2014
- Sharjah Indian School fees increased about 10% from 2012-2013.
Sharjah schools increasing fees for 2010-2011
- A 20 May 2010 report in the Gulf News included the Sharjah OOEHS as possibly increasing fees - "... the 10 to 15 per cent increase announced by at least four GEMS-run schools like Our Own English High School in Sharjah ..."
- Parent category: Education.
- Child pages: School detail pages if relevant.
- Related pages: School fees in UAE and Dubai. School fees in Abu Dhabi.
Last update Friday 25-Oct-2019.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.