Wednesday 03 June 2020 (UAE)
Sharjah Indian School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Sharjah Indian School
|School name||Sharjah Indian School|
|Type of institute||private non-profit K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian|
|Qualifications or Courses||CBSE, ICBSE|
|Head of school||K. Radhakrishnan Nair (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||Sharjah Indian Association (SIA)|
|Date founded||September 1979|
|Number of students (approx)||10,000|
|Number of staff (approx)||500|
|School area, location map||Al Ghubaiba - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 2324, Sharjah, UAE|
|Website||www.sissharjah.com (new window)|
|School fees structure||3,530-5,860 dhs per year (2014-2015)|
|Teacher salary range||1,100 - 2,100 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Sharjah Indian School admissions, reviews, notes
Sharjah Indian School reviews - add yours here.
Sharjah Indian School (SIS) (Sharjah Indian High School) admission and tuition fee structure
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2014-2015||4,500||3,660||3,350||3,350||3,350||3,530||3,530||4,020||4,020||4,020||4,060||4,160||4,160||5,860||5,860|
|Monthly tuition fees (AED) 2014-2015||450||366||335||335||335||353||353||402||402||402||406||416||416||586||586|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013||3,660||3,660||3,050||3,050||3,050||3,230||3,230||3,820||3,820||3,820||3,860||3,960||3,960||5,360||5,360|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2011-2012|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2010||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||2,300||2,300||3,300||3,300|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2006-2007||2,160||2,160||1,740||1,740||1,740||1,740||1,740||2,040||2,040||2,040||2,040||2,100||2,100||3,000||3,000|
- 2014-2015 registration fee AED 100, admission fee AED 200, internet charge AED 100 (AED 10 per month), bus transport AED 150-180 monthly.
- 2013-2014 fees unchanged from 2012-2013.
- 2012-2013 registration fee AED 50, application fee AED 200. Bus transport monthly fees AED 120 (Sharjah), AED 140 (Al Ghusais), AED 140 (Ajman).
- 2010-2011 fees information not supplied.
- 2008-2009 (and/or 2009-2010) fees are approximately 300 dhs per month for 10 months per year (3000 dhs per year) for first two children from the same family, a third child is charged 150 dhs per month. Unconfirmed, fee schedule not provided by school.
- 2007-2008 fee range AED 2,300-3,300 but unconfirmed. Entrance test and registration fee AED 10, admission fee AED 200 (might be out of date). Activity fees AED 120-130 for LKG to grade 12. Laboratory fees grades 8-12 AED 25, computer/IT fees grades 3-12 AED 150 (might have increased for 2007-2008). Bus transport fees per month: Ajman & Dubai AED 70, Sharjah AED 60, Umm A Quwain AED 125 (might have increased for 2007-2008, up-to-date fee information not supplied).
- 2006-2007 fee range unclear for which year is applicable.
- LKG (Lower Kindergarten) - KG1, UKG (Upper Kindergarten) - KG2.
- Location: off Al Wahda Rd (turn first right after Gold Center or New Gold Souq traffic signal going in Ajman direction, then first right again, then first left to get to main entrance), Al Ghubaiba (Al Ghubaibah, Al Gubaiba, etc), Sharjah. Road name given as Al Qasimiya Street refers to main road intersection with Al Wahda Rd, SIS is off Al Qassimiah St.
Sharjah Indian School contact details
- Nursery section - see Gulf Rose Indian Nursery in Sharjah.
- Boys section: tel +971-6-5671866, fax +971-6-5675166.
- Girls section: tel +971-6-5670560, fax +971-6-5672914.
- Previous information supplied (Mar 2010) was vice versa i.e. telephone number for boys campus +971-6-5670560, for girls campus +971-6-5671866.
- Additional (or old) phone number is +971-6-5545560?
Sharjah Indian School teaching jobs
- Teaching vacancies listed on SIS website (under Careers). Application forms available from school office. Salaries and benefits package not supplied.
- 2009 (?) to present: K. R. Radhakrishnan Nair (principal, previously or also headmaster), email address email@example.com (last checked 07 Jan 2015).
- 1989-2009 (?): K. N. N. Pillai (principal).
12 April 2012
- A school bus assistant who had been accused of molesting a 4½ year old female student at SIS in December 2011, was acquitted by the court in Sharjah. The defense lawyer, Abdullah Salman of Mohammad Salman Advocates & Legal Consultants, was quoted by the Gulf News Xpress as saying "The court has given the accused an acquittal due to lack of evidence"
29 December 2011
- A 4½ year old kindergarten girl at SIS was allegedly sexually molested by a school bus attendant or conductor according to media reports. The parents filed a complaint with the Sharjah Police who then arrested the suspect on 26 December 2011. The incident apparently occured on 21 December 2011.
- An Emirates 24-7 report on 28 December 2011 titled "One more Kindergarten schoolgirl sexually molested on bus" said Meanwhile according to a source in Al Qasimia hospital the girl was first brought to the hospital a few days before Christmas with severe bleeding. "She was again brought two days later. It was a case of urinary tract infection," said the hospital staff.
- An Emirates 24-7 report on 29 December 2011 quoted Nizar Talangara, General Secretary of the Sharjah Indian Association (who oversee the school) "In the bus trip there are 27 stops. She boarded the bus at the 14th stop and there were 13 stops after she was on the bus to school. Also, if there was any such incident the school officials would have noticed it first. ... The child was never alone on the bus, but was with other schoold children"
07 September 2011
- Sharjah Indian School domain at www.sissharjah.com. Previously was at www.sharjahindianschool.org (which is now spam).
- Email updated to firstname.lastname@example.org. Previously was email@example.com or (which might still be valid).
19 January 2011
- There were reports that the mother of a female SIS student attacked one of the bus drivers for allegedly "misbehaving" with the student. The Emirates 24-7 report said The conductor is said to have misbehaved with the girl who is studying in Class 8 after having befriended her on Facebook. The report also quoted Mini Menon, Vice Principal of girls wing at the school as saying "The parent only had an argument with the driver. It could be for many reasons but I can tell you it is nothing serious."
- Emirates 24-7 also referred to 2 (or 3) previous incidents of "misbehaving" between bus conductors and female staff or students, quoting an unnamed school official as saying "The conductor, incidentally, is the brother of another staff member who was dismissed about six months ago for misbehaving with a female staff member. After he was sacked from his job, the management offered the position to his brother. ... About three years ago a bus conductor was caught misbehaving with a nursery student. Parents complained to the principal, who, instead of taking action against the conductor, asked the parents not to go public. After a few months, he was caught again and only then did the management sack the employee." The report said the Vice Principal denied the stories.
15 October 2010
- Sharjah Indian School (SIS) expansion, with 52 new classrooms added, is complete and school is operating a single shift system according to an Emirates Business report 13 October 2010.
- The principal KR Radhakrishnan Nair said in the report "The construction work was completed ahead of schedule and well within the budget. Although we had contracted the work for Dh9m, the job was completed with half a million to spare"
- SIS plans to introduce the Indian Central Board of Secondary Education International Curriculum from 2011 (CBSEI or ICBSE?). Fees are expected to increase when the new program is introduced.
04 March 2010 review
- Sharjah Indian School (SIS) appears to still be open (or has reopened if it was closed), although the website home page says "Under Renovation"
- Principal, K. Radhakrishnan Nair, was quoted in the Gulf News 20 February 2010 in a report about schools in Dubai wanting to return to the shift system as saying " But our new block should be ready by this April and then we will do away with the shift as per our agreement with the ministry," referring to the Sharjah Education Zone (SEZ) requirement that the school stop its shift system by the end of the year (not clear if the SEZ meant end of 2010, or end of the 2009-2010 academic year).
- SIS shift system was in operation from 1979 to 2004, then suspended until 2008 when it was resumed to satisfy high demand for school places.
- Mr Nair was also quoted in the Gulf News 03 March 2010 in a report about weather affecting students doing CBSE exams.
- SIS was also referred to in a Khaleej Times report 14 February 2010 about parents complaints regarding the selection draw for KG classes.
- Previously K N N Pillai was the principal (date of change unknown)? Mr Nair was deputy principal prior to becoming head of school? But SIS website says Mr K.R.Radhakrishnan is the Headmaster and Mr K.N.N. Pillai is the Principal (might be old information)?
30 June 2009 - Sharjah Indian School closing
- Sharjah Indian School (SIS) has been instructed by the Ministry of Education (MOE) to close, according to a Gulf News (GN) report 30 June 2009. The reason was that SIS was running an afternoon shift from 1300-1700 (1pm to 5pm) without permission from the MOE, and the MOE had already warned them on 14 and 24 May 2009. SIS's trade licence will expire in September 2009. Oddly, the MOE had reportedly given permission in 2008 for SIS to operate a shift system.
- SIS was reported as saying they would be building a new, larger, school: "We need permission from the ministry to allow us to continue next year in the same premises until we construct a new building" said a spokesman for the school according to the report.
- Another GN report on 30 June 2009 said that the school might be able to remain open if new premises are constructed - A private education official from the Ministry of Education said the ministry could give the school a chance to remedy the situation and comply with ministry regulations.
- The principal, K.R. Radhakrishnan Nair, was quoted as saying "The construction of our new block was supposed to start in March."
- SIS website supposed to be at www.sharjahindianschool.org but not available when checked. Old SIS website at members.fortunecity.com/sisonline/index.htm (last updated in 2000?).
15 May 2008 review
- Sharjah Indian School (SIS) has restarted its shift system to provide extra places. The Xpress reported on 15 May 2008 that "The Sharjah Indian School (SIS) added a third shift - 1pm to 6pm - last month to its existing two shifts to make room for the 3,000 extra students it admitted this academic year. The Ministry of Education has approved the extra shift."
18 November 2006 review
- Also known as Sharjah Indian High School, but school operates KG, primary and secondary sections, not just a senior school.
- Mr Pillai became principal of SIS in 1989.
- Number of students about 4500, number of staff about 200? Unconfirmed.
- Fees information unconfirmed, and could be lower than stated amount.
- SIS was established in 1979 with 280 students and 13 teachers. SIS official opening date 05 September 1979, opened by His Excellency M H Ansari, Indian ambassador at the time.
Schools in or near Al Ghubaiba close to Sharjah Indian School
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Al Ahliya Private School||1982||Arabic, MOE|
|Al Amal Kindergarten and School for Deaf||1983||K-12|
|Al Amana Private School||2004||K-10||Arabic, UK||7,250-10,500|
|Al Aroubah Private School||primary||Arabic|
|Al Mawahib British Private School||primary||Arabic/UAE||10,000-17,000|
|Aspam Indian International School||September 2013||primary||Indian||12,000-15,000||AIIS reviews|
|French School Sharjah||1978||primary||French||18,700-22,500||FSS reviews|
|German School Sharjah||1976||K-10||German||17,500-33,000||GSS reviews|
|Pakistan Islamia Secondary School Sharjah||Pakistan||2,700-5,000||PISSS reviews|
|Progressive English School||1981||K-12||Indian||4,620-8,120||PES reviews|
|Sharjah City for Humanitarian Services||1979|
Last update 07 January 2015
General comments - might not apply to Sharjah Indian School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Sharjah might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- Indian schools in Sharjah
- Study in Sharjah - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Sharjah - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Sharjah - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Sharjah education||Nurseries in Sharjah | Schools in Sharjah | New schools in Sharjah 2019-2020 | Special needs in Sharjah | Colleges in Sharjah | Universities in Sharjah|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.