| Home | Forum | Print or save as PDF |
| Where is Dubai? | Public holidays | Dress code |
| Where is Dubai? | Public holidays | Dress code |
Sunday 28 May 2023 (UAE)
Movies cinema film Dubai UAE
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Movies cinema film listings and times Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE
Movies, cinema, film listings, locations, and times Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Al Ain, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, RAK, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, UAQ, UAE - information and guide.
Special offers for cinema tickets in UAE
- du Tuesdays: du mobile numbers subscribe for buy one get one free tickets (or 50% off) at VOX cinemas. Applies to all shows except Theatre. You need a code, to subscribe send sms with the text "MOVIE" to 9979 from a du mobile phone. You'll receive a reply with subscription instructions.
To unsubscribe, send the text "UNSUB MOVIE"
to the same number.
- From 23 Feb 2019 a charge of AED 2 (+VAT) per week applies. You can subscribe, get a code, and unsubscribe after using it for occasional use, or to get a one-time-use code, send CODE to 9979. The offer doesn't work from Etisalat phones.
- HSBC credit card holders (not all, check): 2 for 1 (buy one get one free) tickets at all VOX cinemas. Only applies to standard cinema tickets. Not IMAX, Theatre, 3D, 4D, etcD. Monthly limit of 2 or 4 free tickets applies (since 2018?).
- NBAD Platinum credit card holders pay AED 5-15 (week days Sun-Wed) or AED 25 (weekends Thu-Sat, and public holidays) per ticket at Cine Royal (AED 5-20), Oscar Cinema (AED 5-20), Reel Cinemas (AED 10-25). Only valid for regular tickets, limited to maximum 8 tickets per month.
- [Update] Various other movie ticket offers from other UAE banks.
- [Expired?] NBAD premium credit cards. Free movies on Monday nights after 1800 (6pm) at Reel Cinemas. Only at Dubai Mall. Only for December 2014?
Sources for cinema, movie, and film times in UAE
Current showtime listings (checked Mar 2019)
- www.cinemauae.com - shows all (or most) current movie screenings in UAE, select city or emirate, with redirected links to online booking page for individual shows. Appears to only be available for today, not advance bookings.
- Khaleej Times cinema listings and times.
- www.khaleejtimes.com/uae-cinema-listing - lists all or most UAE cinemas and timings for the current week, also lists "coming soon" movies with release dates. Has popup messages that won't close (Mar 2019).
- [Redirects to new link, Mar 2019] www.khaleejtimes.com/uae_cinema_listings.asp?link=page1
- [No cinema times, only cinema information, not updated] www.dubaicityguide.com/site/entertainment/movies.asp
- [Offline] www.dubaimoves.com/movies/ - Dubai Moves film listings and showtimes, trailers, reviews.
- [Only VOX listings, VOX website is better] Gulf News - list of times and listings (if you can find it) - usually accurate and up-to-date but does not distinguish between standard and VIP seats. No obvious link on website, and link format changes every week. Do a "cinema listings" search on their home page. Or try something like Entertainment > Film & Cinema (www.gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/film), the latest link should be somewhere in the list of articles (20 July 2013).
- www.gulfnews.com/cinema-listing - link ok as of Mar 2019, but slow to load and only shows VOX Cinema listings. Can search by movie title and/or location.
- [Available but not updated since 2011? Checked Mar 2019] movies.theemiratesnetwork.com - looks like it might be a good resource with summaries and listings but movies and times are way out of date (08 April 2011).
- [Offline - Mar 2019] movies.weyak.ae - movie reviews, trailers, showtimes from Etisalat Weyak website. Only for Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and Dubai (08 April 2011).
- [Offline - Mar 2019] www.naviflix.com - mobile web application for movies in Bahrain, India, Jordan, Lebanon, Kuwait, Qatar, South Africa, UAE.
- [Available but no show times, Mar 2019] Time Out magazine Dubai - www.timeoutdubai.com/films has reviews and listings, but sometimes we've discovered their listing times don't match the actual times.
- [Mar 2019 update] Time Out films sections has reviews and a list of cinemas in the UAE but no show times.
Film reviews in UAE
Generally our default choice of review website is rottentomatoes.com, but if you're looking for UAE based reviewers, try one of these:
- www.gulfnews.com/going-out/movie-reviews (redirected from www.gulfnews.com/about-gulf-news/al-nisr-portfolio/e/movie-reviews).
- www.timeoutdubai.com/films - usually good reviews but depends a bit on whether reviewer is trying to give a decent review, or trying to show off how clever they are about history of films.
Abu Dhabi cinemas and movie theaters
Updates to be added - Abu Dhabi city
- Al Maryah Central mall, Al Maryah Island, VOX Cinemas multiplex, opening in late 2019?
- Not to be confused with Al Mariah Mall in Al Danah area of downtown Abu Dhabi.
- 2018 Sep 19: News from mall said opening date would be 27 Aug 2019.
- 2016 Sep 08: Announcement that Gulf Related (the mall developer) signed a leasing agreement with Majid Al Futtaim Cinemas to open a 21-screen VOX Cinemas multiplex in the mall. Planned opening date 2018. Theatres will include an IMAX Laser, 4DX, Theatre by Rhodes, VOX Kids, and VIP Cinemas.
Updates to be added - Abu Dhabi emirate, not in city
- Cine Royal Ruwais Mall
- Abu Dhabi Mall - Grand Cinemas, tel +971-2-6459499
- Abu Dhabi Marina Mall - Cinestar Cinemas changed to VOX Cinemas, tel +971-2-6818434 or +971-2-6818484?
- Al Hamra Plaza - Eldorado, tel +971-6763555
- Al Mariah Center (Al Maria Mall) - Grand Cinemas, tel +971-2-6785000
- Al Raha Mall - Al Raha, tel +971-2-5562008
- Delma Mall (Dalma Mall) - Mussafah, 14 sceen cineplex opening date 14 July 2011 (or sooner)? Tel +971-2-5502525
- Khalidiya Mall - Cine Royal, tel +971-2-68194444
- Mussafah - Grand Safeer, tel +971-5521515
- National Cinema - tel +971-2-6711700
Ajman cinemas and movie theaters
- Ajman City Center - Cinestar Cinemas changed to VOX Cinemas, tel +971-6-7482555
Al Ain cinemas and movie theaters
- Al Ain Mall - Grand Cineplex, tel +971-3-7511228
- Al Ain Rotana Center - Grand Rotana, tel +971-3-7544447
- Al Foah Mall - Oscar Cinemas
- Bawadi Mall - +971-2-7840300
- Club Cinema - tel +971-3-7222255
Movie nights in Dubai, outdoor cinema in Dubai, drive-in cinema, other unusual movie experiences ...
|Daily||The Dome Box, VOX Galleria(?)|
|Sunday||Level 43(?), Wafi Mall Pyramids rooftop|
|Tuesday||Reform Social and Grill, The Scene Club|
|Wednesday||The Scene Club, [XVA Gallery ... or not]|
|Thursday||JLT (winter, not every week)|
|Friday||JLT (winter, not every week)|
- [2013-2014, not in 2014-2015 or 2015-2016?] Bastakiya Cinematheque XVA Gallery. Art house and popular film screenings with an introduction and intermission (so you can get coffee and food from their cafe) on Tue or Wed nights at 1900 (7pm), free entry, tel +971-4-3585117. Location XVA Art Hotel, Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood (previously called Bastakiah), or DIFC (in 2012). Website www.xvahotel.com or www.xvagallery.com or check one of their FB pages. Previous films shown included V for Vendetta, silent cinema (Charlie Chaplain, Buster Keaton), Alfred Hitchcock, Batman (?), How to Draw a Bunny (2002), Seraphine (2008), The Art of the Steal (2009), Freud's Naked Truths (2012), etc.
- JLT Park Outdoor Movie Nights. Free outdoor screenings of movies on Thursday and Friday nights during winter. Fortnightly not weekly.
Movie starts 1900 or 2000 (varies each week, check FB for latest update).
- [Update] Level 43 Sky Lounge rooftop bar outdoor cinema (Movie with a View). Location: Four Points by Sheraton hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road, so if you get bored of the movie you have a nice view of Dubai to look at instead. Outdoor movie screenings by Urban Entertainment (UE) starting on Sun 28 Feb 2016 at 1900 (7pm) with screening of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. Information supplied by UE said it would be the "... first of many Rooftop Cinema screenings ..." but schedule of future screenings not provided. UE supplies pop-up inflatable cinemas for hire. Tel (hotel): +971-4-3169888, or +971-4-3169726 for reservations. Ticket prices not given, unless free for customers. Food and drink package AED 100 for popcorn, food platter, and a drink (not specified if alcoholic or non-alcoholic).
- [Update] Reform Social and Grill, The Lakes, Emirates Hills. Weekly Tuesday night outdoor cinema at 2000 (8pm) from October-June. Ticket prices not given but presumably free for paying customers. Couples burger and drink package AED 230. Tel +971-4-4542638, website www.reformsocialgrill.ae.
- The Baggot at McGettigan's, JLT. Private function and event room with Monday Movie Nights starting around 8pm. Ticket price AED 35 but ticket cost can be redeemed towards popcorn, Stella beer, wine. Theme changes each month.
- The Dome Box. A 360° and 4D cinema experience at Box Park Al Wasl Rd with a steampunk theme designed by Bluehaus Group (not Blauhaus). Opening date 18 Sep 2015. Customers lie on bean bags or lean against poles and watch short films (about 10-30 min long) on a hemispherical screen, a similar effect to watching a 3D film. Projection is high quality HD 4K. Ticket price AED 45 for two films, or AED 75 for 4 films (tickets valid for 6 months). Operating times 1200-2200 weekdays, 1200-2400 weekends. School groups can book a slot from 0900-1200 weekdays. List of films showing in 2015-2016 include: Africa (8 min), Adventures into the Deep (8 min), Astronaut (23 min), The Life of Trees (33 min). Film selection expected to increase during 2016. Popcorn, drinks, ice cream, etc available. Cinema capacity 80 people. Website www.thedomeboxdubai.ae, FB page at facebook.com/TheDomeBoxDubai. Location corner of 35th St (Umm Amar Rd) and Al Wasl Rd, short walk from bus stops on routes 12, 15, 93, F20.
- The Galleria Mall VOX rooftop cinema (Al Wasl Rd). Free movies weekly in winter until Feb 2016. Opened as a VOX Cinemas location from 16, 17, 18, or 19 Feb 2016 (different dates given as opening dates in various news sources). Ticket prices, movies, times not provided and not available on VOX Cinemas website when checked. Except for invitation only opening night film: Hail, Caesar (and conflicting date information provided). Toll free or landline number not supplied.
- [Update] The Scene Club, independent film screenings at Dubai Knowledge Village Conference Centre auditorium, Block 1. Schedule is two (or four?) films per month, Tue and Wed night. Films are not censored, and movie nights include Q&A session with someone connected to film being screened (actor, director, etc), similar to DIFF format. Also networking opportunities on movie nights. Membership with free one month trial (annual AED 260, 425, or 850 in 2016). Premium membership includes invitations to new movie previews and other events. Website www.thesceneclub.com.
- VOX Theatre by Rhodes. Popcorn and hamburgers with a Gary Rhodes sticker served to your seats, and pleasant lounge area to sit in before movie starts. Film tickets AED 160, food and drink not included. See VOX Cinemas for more.
- Wafi Mall Pyramids Rooftop Gardens outdoor movies (Movies Under The Stars) on Sunday nights during winter, start time 2030 (8:30pm), seating on bean bags. No booking required. Free entry. Drinks and food available. Tel +971-4-3244100 for more information.
Dubai cinemas and movie theaters
List updates to be added
- Cinema Akil, Boutique cinema in Warehouse 68, Alserkal Avenue, Al Quoz. Website www.cinemaakil.com. Email email@example.com.
- Al Habtoor Hotel Sheikh Zayed Road Safa Park interchange - Grand Metroplex, tel +971-3438383. Aging a bit but at least it's relatively quiet. Closed.
- Al Ghurair City: Grand Cinecity, tel +971-4-2289898. Relatively old.
- Al Nasr Cinema
- Al Shindagha City Center: VOX Cinemas.
- Arabian Center Mirdiff (Mizhir, Mizhar, Muhaisnah): CinemaCity, tel +971-4-2845900.
- Burjuman Center: VOX cinemas open in new extension 2014-2015?
- City Walk extension Al Satwa Rd, Reel Cinemas open in early to mid 2016.
- Deira City Center: Cinestar Cinemas changed to VOX Cinemas, tel +971-4-2949000
- Dragon Mart 2 (Dragonmart extension): Novo Cinemas.
- Dubai Festival City Al Garhood: Grand Cinemas, tel +971-4-2328328.
- Dubai Mall Downtown Dubai: Reel Cinemas, tel +971-4-4491988. Comfortable but very busy in weekends especially Thursday and Friday evenings. Meaning lots of talking patrons, to each other or on their mobile phones.
- Dubai Marina Mall: Reel Cinemas. Semi-VIP theaters only, more expensive than standard but half the price of platimum or gold suites in other theaters.
- Ibn Battuta Mall Jebel Ali - Grand Megaplex, tel +971-4-3669898.
- IMG Worlds of Adventure, Novo Cinemas 12-screen multiplex, including an IMAX Laser theatre (the largest in the UAE as of opening date in 2019).
- Special opening offer: half price tickets or buy one get one free until 09 Mar 2019.
- Jebel Ali Free Zone - Donya Cinema, tel +971-4-8812838
- Lamcy Plaza Bur Dubai - tel +971-4-3368808.
- Hyatt Hotel Deira Corniche - Galleria Cineplex, tel +971-4-2737676. One of the older cinema theaters in Dubai. Old.
- Mall of the Emirates Al Barsha - Cinestar Cinemas changed to VOX Cinemas, tel +971-4-3414222
- Mercato Shopping Mall Jumeirah - Grand Cinemas changed to VOX Cinemas, tel +971-4-3499713 or +971-4-3854440 (VOX)
- [Closed indefinitely] Meydan IMAX
- Mirdiff City Center - VOX Cinemas, tel +971-4-2840001.
- Shindagha - Plaza Cinema, near Shindagah Carrefour and Shindhagah Tunnel in Bur Dubai, tel +971-4-3939966.
- [Update] Wafi Center Mall - Vox Cinemas complex opening by end of 2019?
- 2019 Jan 07 - press release announced Vox Cinemas would open 16 screen multiplex in Wafi Mall by end of 2019. No mention of an IMAX screen, the PR said the complex would include "MAX, KIDS, Samsung LED screen, three VIP screens and three new concept screens."
- 2015? Novo Cinemas multiplex announced as part of mall expansion, IMAX press release 10 Jun 2015 said an agreement had been signed with Novo Cinemas to open an IMAX Laser theatre in the Wafi Mall.
- [Archive] Wafi Center Bur Dubai - no cinema but Grand Cineplex very close (not walking distance in the summer though). Tel +971-4-3242000.
Fujairah cinemas and movie theaters
- Fujairah City Center - VOX Cinemas, tel +971-9-2234400.
- Grand Dana Cineplex - tel +971-9-2243100
Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) cinemas and movie theaters
- Grand Gulf, tel +971-7-2223313
- Manar Mall - Grand Manar, tel +971-7-2278888
Sharjah cinemas and movie theaters
- Al Hamra, tel +971-6-5650953
- Concorde, tel +971-6-5623956
- Grand Star Cineplex, tel +971-6-5327555
- Riveira Tower Grand, tel +971-6-5563300
- Sahara Center - Grand Cinemas, tel +971-6-5316500
- Sharjah Mega Mall - Grand Cinemas, tel +971-6-6571888
Umm Al Quwain (UAQ) cinemas and movie theaters
Cinemas and cinema chains in the UAE and Middle East
- Cinestar Cinemas
- [Rebranded as Novo Cinemas] Grand Cinemas
- Novo Cinemas
- Reel Cinemas UAE
- Dubai Mall
- Dubai Marina Mall
- Jebel Ali Recreation Club - Guy Fieri Kitchen & Bar and Dine-in Cinema. Have a meal and drink while watching a movie.
- Rove Hotel, Downtown Dubai branch. Boutique cinema with Rove-style decor and seating. Licensed for drinking after 7pm.
- The Springs Souk
- The Pointe
- Roxy Cinemas
- VOX Cinemas
Last update Wednesday 20-Mar-2019. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
Related websites (new window)
- uae.voxcinemas.com - VOX Cinemas website for the UAE.
- www.cinestarcinemas.com - Cinestar Cinemas UAE website
- www.grandcinemas.com - Grand Cinemas website for cineplexes in Jordan, Lebanon, UAE.
- www.plazacinemadubai.com - Plaza Cinema in Dubai website (no content when last checked - 08 April 2011)
- www.reelcinemas.ae - Reel Cinemas UAE official website with cinema times and online booking
- [Disabled] Submit URL.