Golf clubs Abu Dhabi
Golf and golf courses in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi has a number of excellent golf courses, and although Dubai might be more in the spotlight with several golf course developments, the ones that do exist in Abu Dhabi are challenging enough for most golfers. The Abu Dhabi Golf Club hosts the annual Abu Dhabi Golf Championships, part of the European PGA Tour (no, we didn't know Abu Dhabi had applied for EU membership either). Golf clubs in Abu Dhabi city, Al Ain city, and elsewhere in the emirate of Abu Dhabi are included here.
Golf Clubs in Abu Dhabi city
- Abu Dhabi Airport Golf Club (ADAGC) - see Al Ghazal Golf Club. Transit passengers can skip off for a quick game between flights.
- Abu Dhabi City Golf Club (ADCGC) - In the Al Mushrif area, tel +971-2-4459600, fax +971-2-4433225, email email@example.com. The ADEC golf course is a floodlit 9 hole course, go around twice for an 18-hole, par 70, 6,395-yard round of golf. Big hitters can try for a hole in one on the 8th hole (it's 630 yards). Night golf with tee-times up to 2030 (8.30pm) for 9 holes. Ninth hole is signature hole with green on the edge of a lake. Remember to bring extra balls or a snorkel. Golf Academy includes 2-tiered driving range, chipping and putting areas, cafe and Spike Bar. Other facilities include 19th Street Restaurant & Bar, large banqueting facilities, swimming pool, jacuzzi, and tennis courts. Established as a sand course in 1976 (the oldest golf course in the UAE), upgraded to grass fairways in 1998 with course designed by Ian Scott Taylor. Formerly known as Abu Dhabi Golf & Equestrian Club and renamed as Abu Dhabi City Golf Club in December 2009. Previous contact details tel +971-2-4455500, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abu Dhabi Golf Club by Sheraton (a reference to the development, not the location), tel +971-2-5588990. Opened February 2000. Two 18 hole courses - National Course par 72, 7,204 yards, Garden Course par 72, 6,498 yards. Not the same as Abu Dhabi City Golf Club.
- Abu Dhabi Golf and Equestrian Club - see Abu Dhabi City Golf Club (new name).
- Al Ghazal Golf Club (AGGC), tel +971-2-5758040. Also called the Al Ghazal Sand Golf Course (the reason will be obvious when you visit).
- The National Golf Course - one of the courses at the Abu Dhabi Golf Club
- The Garden Golf Course - one of the courses at the Abu Dhabi Golf Club
- Umm Al Nar Golf Club / Umm An Nar Golf Course - see Abu Dhabi Golf Club
- Yas Links Golf Course on Yas Island, open March 2010
Al Ain golf clubs
- Al Ain Golf Club, tel +971-3-7686808, email email@example.com
- Palm Sports Resort, tel +971-3-7684888
- Al Ain Emarat golf course (under development) - a new golf course designed by Thomson Perret & Lobb in the Al Qudra Real Estate development in Al Ain (Al Ain Emarat). First announced July 2007.
Other Abu Dhabi golf clubs
- Al Dhafra Golf Links (ADGL), tel +971-2-8771600 - a 2-3 hour drive from Abu Dhabi towards Ruwais. Opened 1988, 9-holes, go around twice for the 18 hole par 68, 5,429 yards experience.
- Saadiyat Beach Golf Club, 18 hole Gary Player designed course on Saadiyat Island, opened March 2010, tel +971-2-557 8000.
Last update Sunday 08-Aug-2010
- Abu Dhabi Golf Championship - PGA European Tour golf match from 15-18 January 2009
- Dubai Desert Classic - PGA European Tour golf tournament from 28 January to 01 February 2009
- Golf clubs in Dubai
|UAE golf courses||Abu Dhabi golf | Al Ain golf | Dubai golf | RAK golf | Sharjah golf | UAE golf|
- www.adcitygolf.ae - new website for Abu Dhabi City Golf Club (should be available by mid-August 2010)
- www.adec-web.com - Abu Dhabi Equestrian Club website, no longer for Abu Dhabi Golf & Equestrian Club - see Abu Dhabi City Golf Club
- www.adgolfclub.com - website for Abu Dhabi Golf Club
- www.alghazalgolf.ae - Al Ghazal Golf Club website (not www.alghazalgolfclub.ae - used by Abu Dhabi Duty Free)
- [Disabled] Submit URL.