Etisalat start stop data UAE
Etisalat start stop data
Etisalat in Dubai UAE provides telecommunications services, internet, mobile prepaid and postpaid, landline, infrastructure. Etisalat is one of the telecom providers licensed by the UAE TRA.
Etisalat start/stop data prepaid (2019)
Note that monthly data pack subscriptions take precedence over start-stop data sessions, and any data package takes priority if a second start-stop session is started within 2 hours of stopping the first session. Not available for hotspot use.
- Use this service for internet mobile data access for flexible time periods, up to 4 hrs at a time. This service is available only on prepaid mobile phones. First offered in Nov 2016.
- To access the service menu dial *777#. To start: dial *777*1#. To stop: [*switch off data first*] dial *777*2#. To check balance: dial *777*3# (although you don't get any useful information, just an SMS to tell you that your session is active).
- Cost is 2 fils/min with minimum charge of 30 fils when started (15 mins). Plus VAT (5% in 2019). About AED 1.25 per hour, or AED 6 for a 4 hr session.
- Data use is unlimited. Maximum time per session is 4 hrs. This prevents accidentally eating up all your credit if you forget to stop. After 2 hrs an SMS reminder will be sent. After 4 hrs the session disconnects. You can start another session immediately but if you have another data package then that will be used instead of start-stop data unless you wait 2 hrs before starting another session.
- On mobile phone direct access internet speed is limited to 1Mbps. For hotspot access the connection speed is blocked. Although we found that Google Search works. Any other website times out before loading including bing.com or speedcheck websites. Network access speed monitor shows about 1Kbps to 10Kbps. Etisalat FAQs says "You will not be able to share your data access with other devices or users while within a Start/Stop Data session."
- Start-Stop data access is not available on data-only SIM cards, or when roaming outside UAE.
- References: www.etisalat.ae/en/consumer/mobile/mobile-plans/data-plans/startstop_data_services.jsp, Windows Resource Monitor.
[2016 Jun] Etisalat FAQs and information
This page under development, not ready, don't use.
Etisalat online account payment, login, password
- E4me or www.e4me.ae no longer used, redirects to https://onlineservices.etisalat.ae. Or login from www.etisalat.ae.
- Etisalat password policy is insecure and frustrating. Restrictive format (8-20 characters, no special characters, at least one alphabet and one numeric). Frequent forced password change and cannot use previous passwords again. Results in poor security since many will write down password somewhere. Also costly in terms of Etisalat wasting customers' time.
Etisalat e-Life broadband
- 21 Oct 2013 - maximum speed upgrade to 500MBps, announced at GITEX 2013. Previous maximum was 300MBps.
Etisalat landline charges
- 25 Nov 2013 (PR) - new international landline rate for eLife customers is 1 fil per second (0.60 dhs per min) to 162 countries including Bangladesh, Canada, Egypt, France, India, Jordan, Oman, Pakistan, the Philippines, Russia, Sri Lanka, UK, USA. Monthly rental charge AED 39.
- 2013 - free unlimited local and national calls within the UAE for elife customers?
Etisalat service updates
- 11 Jul 2012 (announcement) - Etisalat landline SMS service cancelled from 21 Aug 2012. Etisalat says "Notice: The Fixed SMS service that allows sending or receiving of text messages on Fixed Line will be discontinued permanently from 21/08/2012. For info 101".
Etisalat Zain Telecom deal
- On 19 March 2011, Etisalat released a statement to say they were no longer interested, saying "Etisalat has to announce unfortunately that negotiations ... towards acquiring a controlling stake in Zain have ended"
- During late 2010 and early 2011, Etisalat was in the process of making an offer to buy a majority stake in Zain Telecom of Kuwait from Kharafi Group and other investors.
- In September 2010, Etisalat offered to buy 46% of Zain for about AED 44 billion ($12 billion).
Etisalat retail outlets and stores
- Dubai International Financial Centre (closed Fridays) - good place to go on Saturdays to avoid crowded stores in shopping centers.
- Mirdiff City Center shopping mall - 2nd floor, above Carrefour.
- The Dubai Mall, LG floor (for customers living in Downtown Burj Dubai, Zabeel, Satwa, Umm Suqeim, and Sheikh Zayed Road areas), opening announced 08 April 2009 (press release), the 30th Etisalat shop in the UAE. There are another 47 Etisalat business centers and service outlets in the UAE, and 20,000 retail stores that sell Etisalat products.
- Etisalat Afghanistan
- Etisalat Egypt
- Etisalat India
- Etisalat Nigeria
- Etisalat UAE
- Etisalat Blackberry
- Etisalat DB
- Etisalat Group
- Etisalat More
- Etisalat Wiki
Last update Friday 22-Nov-2019
- Dubai - introduction guide and information.
- Etisalat mobile broadband - some spots (coffee shops) and reception quality in Dubai, UAE.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.