This page under development, do not link or use yet
Etisalat major headings
- Etisalat Afghanistan
- Etisalat Egypt
- Etisalat India
- Etisalat Nigeria
- Etisalat UAE
- Etisalat Blackberry
- Etisalat DB
- Etisalat Group
- Etisalat More
- Etisalat Wiki
Etisalat online account payment, login, password
- E4me or www.e4me.ae no longer used, redirects to https://onlineservices.etisalat.ae. Or login from www.etisalat.ae.
- Etisalat password policy is insecure and frustrating. Restrictive format (8-20 characters, no special characters, at least one alphabet and one numeric). Frequent forced password change and cannot use previous passwords again. Results in poor security since many will write down password somewhere. Also costly in terms of Etisalat wasting customers' time.
Etisalat e-Life broadband
- 21 Oct 2013 - maximum speed upgrade to 500MBps, announced at GITEX 2013. Previous maximum was 300MBps.
Etisalat landline charges
- 25 Nov 2013 (PR) - new international landline rate for eLife customers is 1 fil per second (0.60 dhs per min) to 162 countries including Bangladesh, Canada, Egypt, France, India, Jordan, Oman, Pakistan, the Philippines, Russia, Sri Lanka, UK, USA. Monthly rental charge AED 39.
- 2013 - free unlimited local and national calls within the UAE for elife customers?
Etisalat service updates
- 11 Jul 2012 (announcement) - Etisalat landline SMS service cancelled from 21 Aug 2012. Etisalat says "Notice: The Fixed SMS service that allows sending or receiving of text messages on Fixed Line will be discontinued permanently from 21/08/2012. For info 101".
Etisalat Zain Telecom deal
- On 19 March 2011, Etisalat released a statement to say they were no longer interested, saying "Etisalat has to announce unfortunately that negotiations ... towards acquiring a controlling stake in Zain have ended"
- During late 2010 and early 2011, Etisalat was in the process of making an offer to buy a majority stake in Zain Telecom of Kuwait from Kharafi Group and other investors.
- In September 2010, Etisalat offered to buy 46% of Zain for about AED 44 billion ($12 billion).
Etisalat retail outlets and stores
- Dubai International Financial Centre (closed Fridays) - good place to go on Saturdays to avoid crowded stores in shopping centers.
- Mirdiff City Center shopping mall - 2nd floor, above Carrefour.
- The Dubai Mall, LG floor (for customers living in Downtown Burj Dubai, Zabeel, Satwa, Umm Suqeim, and Sheikh Zayed Road areas), opening announced 08 April 2009 (press release), the 30th Etisalat shop in the UAE. There are another 47 Etisalat business centers and service outlets in the UAE, and 20,000 retail stores that sell Etisalat products.
Last update Friday 10-Jun-2016
Related websites (new window)